1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Racing at Racing Department

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Oh I need to be Premium. Nahh. Good idea tho

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

As one of the relatively new people to simracing, what is RaceDepartment's niche? I see lots of mods and downloads on their site, but what is the connection between them and running leagues? How does it work, and why should you pay for it? Does it just give you access to private race servers and regular races on those?

4. Micropitt

RaceDepartment is one of the biggest (if not the biggest) Sim Racing Communities. On their website you will find the latest news from the Sim racing world but also real world racing. As you already mentioned, they also have a Forum that offers information and downloads for pretty much any Sim out there. When it comes to League racing, some offer that for free and other are charging a small fee. Sim Racing Systems and Sim Racing Center, as example, are free. RaceDepartment and Virtual Racing on the other hand charge a membership fee. There are pros and cons for both of the racing models and in the end is up to the user which of the communities to join. Running a server does cost money and some of those communities have more than one server available.

5. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Adding to what was said in the above post, the membership cost gives you unlimited amount of downloads, access to all there club races. Some have more than other titles based on popularity.
    It's meant to be a fun environment from the usual crash fest public servers.
    The cost also allows you to enter any leagues hosted by Rd which are usually sponsored with pretty good prizes.
    Only negative is it's UK based if you live on the other side of the pond, which for me means the races start just after noon my time, tho some clubs are adding AU and north American times.

I myself am located in Calgary Canada and have offered to host a north American race time if there is enough interest.

North America Club

• Like Like x 2
  6. Micropitt

I would be interested since I'm located at the US east coast.