1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrustmaster assignment problem - menu selections flashing

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Moving Violation, Jul 8, 2020.

1. Moving Violation

Moving Violation New Member

I have run into 2 odd problems. All of a sudden I lost my settings and it appears they reverted to default. I recalibrated the wheel (Thrustmaster t300 RS) and began to reinput settings. I wanted to have shift gear up assigned to the right paddle, but the assignment would not work. Right paddle is stuck on gear down and I could not change it. What I ended up doing was assigning left paddle to gear up and right paddle to gear down. When I went back into the game the right paddle moved gear up and left gear down. Everything got reversed but at least it worked.

I ran into another issue. When I am in a menu sometimes when I make a selection the highlight flashes very rapidly between menu choices. This also happened while viewing replays when I want to make any change. Usually I exit the game and things go back to normal. The problem is sporadic and I can't figure out what conditions are causing this behavior.

2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to eliminate the obvious and in no ways trying to insult you.
    Was your wheel straight when assigning the buttons and in replays?

I only ask because I experienced the exact same issues on my TM TX.....but than I realized I had turned my wheel while in VR and it was upside down lol

3. Moving Violation

I did check to be sure my wheel was not inverted . Perfectly reasonable question. I have made more than one dumb mistake in the past.

4. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

Obvious one here....have you set menu spring in FFB settings to 0? Setting a higher value will automatically centre the wheel and the menu should then be stable.

5. Moving Violation

The menu spring is at 40. I don't even know what it is to be honest.

6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It keeps your wheel in the center while you are in a menu, so you don't make unwanted changes in the setting you have selected