1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v1.0 is Released! Now updated to V1.0.0.3

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 1, 2020.

1. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Keep in mind that this car barely went to the track in real life. Each team only had a limited day of test until now (more like a shakedown). The data must be very raw. I would expect very big changes in this car in the future.

2. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Yeah.....learning trail braking is not that easy. Here is how it sounds like inside my head:

Me: ok, there comes the corner, let's take it easy
    Old school driver: there is the Braking point! BRAKE! BRAKE! BRAKE!
    New school driver: you are braking to hard! Let go of the brake!
    Me: Dammit!
    Old school driver: you screwed up the corner entree
    New school driver: you screwed up the corner entree
    Me: I screwed up the corner entree

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  3. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any ideas when we may expect the next update? Hockenheimring?

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

depart from the promised 1.0.0.3 hotfix, new updates will allways come by end of the months.
    I think that was announced clearly :p

5. sci006

Was just asking as May update said Hockenheimring shortly after v1.0, Mount Panorama 30th June and Silverstone 30th July.

6. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

it was also announced earlier that Hockenheim would drop just shortly after 1.0.
    shortly isnt a month later, especially since Silverstone is supposed come out by the end of this month

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

and it was announced much, much, much, much earlier, AMS2 will be released in december 2019. You should refer to latest news i think, not oldest :p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

"Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet."
    -- Jean-Jacques Rousseau

• Like Like x 4
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 v1.0.0.3 is now up - this is the third and final hotfix to complement last week´s v1 release with some immediate fixes & additions - another more substantial update is already in the works and should be deployed towards the end of July.

Similar major updates adding a mix of new features, content and fixes will follow at the end of every month for the foreseeable future, occasionally being complemented by hotfixes such as this one.

V1.0.0.3 Changelog:
    • Added real driver names to Stock Car 2020 series & fictional names to ARC Camaro series (all series will feature dedicated driver names and AI personalities by the next update)
    • Bathurst: Adjusted track, curbing and wall geometry in several places: elevation at The Cutting, curb height at Quarry, curb width & angle at McPhillamy Park, walls at Forrest's Elbow, curb width at The Chase and curb height at Murray's corner; tweaked foliage placement & types; added more details to the roads & environment; added crowds; added several buildings; added distant villages; finished power lines & night lighting; adjusted livegrass placement; adjusted shadows and optimization; added hires adverts textures; Fixed wrong normals on 150m board
    • Recalibrated brake marker spacing at Goiania, Cascavel, Guapore
    • Corrected object orientation and reset pivot on dynamic brake marker objects. at Velopark, Interlagos, Campo Grande
    • Adjusted onboard cameras for Camaro SS, Chevette, Fusca, F-Trainer, Uno, MCR2000, Sprint Race, Ultima GTR (full revision to follow in next update)
    • Super V8: corrected RPM display range
    • Sprintrace, Corolla, Stock Car 2019, Copa Uno: Fixed stickers flickiring and interior LOD issues
    • Added wiper animations to Copa Uno & Uno Copa Classic B
    • Corrected windshield wiping animation for MIT Lancer R & RS, Stock Car 2019, Copa Montana, Metalmoro AJR, Sigma P1, Opala 1979, 1986 & Old Stock
    • Fixed Goiania layout for first round of Stock Car 2020 championship
    • Added missing Stock Car Push-To-Pass functionality (not allowed in 1st lap, 5s delay between button pressing & activation) to Copa Montana, Stock Car 2019 & Stock Car 2020
    • Stiffened front tyre sidewalls for F-Reiza, F-Ultimate,Stock Car, Ultima GTR (Road & Race), Copa Truck, F3, F-Trainer, Sprint Race, Montana, Caterhams & all Prototype classes
    • Removed medium tyre compound option for StockCar 2020 (only hards available now as per 2020 rules)
    • Lowered default diff preload & viscous lock settings (requires setup reset to take effect)
    • Minor AI callibration to Stock2020, F-Retro, G55 series

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
    • Like x 28
    • Winner x 5
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  10. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

A new update is here, Version 1.0.0.3, about 500 MB.

Edit: Oh, I was too late, sry. ;)

Last edited: Jul 10, 2020
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update, Reiza!

Hope championship, custom season too, and raceweekend a la AMS 1 comes (instead of single race). I am a bit tired of running single races with AI. Need some more pewpewpew! Hopefully combined with Ironman mode or so and locked / encrypted files, so a mistake stays a mistake and not pushing that restart button. Just like in MP.

MP keeps me busy since 1.0. I love it. However, people are picking easy classes, always crashing or going too fast into turn 1 and ramming me and others. I always make it in first, top 3 or top 5. Personally I should look up a league or so. That's better for me, for improving my skills and for my sanity, lol.

At last MP should have a big fat banner with 'Yooooo, it's xx laps. You fool!'' :D (With Mr. T's voice over)

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

Two things that really bother me when racing on AMS2:

1. How "sticky" walls/guard-rails/barriers are when cars grind against it. Ok, I know that there should be some speed loss after contact, but it's just too much. It's unreal. The cars glues to the wall and speed decreases abruptly.

2. How cars don't roll naturally in the entry and mid-corner when coasting. Once car it's at a proper speed for making the turn, once you lift the gas the cars should roll naturally, but instead, it seems the speed decreases too fast; it seems too "grippy", it does not feels natural. This happens across all the cars, but it's more visible in formula cars. (e.g.: Formula Vintages at Azure - in most of the corners, you need to keep pressing the gas slightly otherwise cars lose too much speed in mid-corner and you have the feeling that you're getting "trapped" in quicksand).

Keep up the amazing work!

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

:cool:

thank you

14. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This was fixed in the initial v1.0 release. This the first I've seen anyone complaining since then. Do you still still have this problem?

15. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My question: with the changes to tyre stiffness do those cars, does it make them faster or slower? When changes to cars like this occur, will the leaderboards for that car be reset?
    If a car becomes slower it makes it near impossible to beat any competitive existing times.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Eduardo Mennocchi

Eduardo Mennocchi Racecar driver wannabe AMS2 Club Member

Yes.

17. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

• Thanks for fixing SuperV8. There are many other vehicles where the rpm lights/shift lights do not match the HUD or sometimes the tach in the car. Would be good to know if any of these are on purpose (like ARC Camaro with no high-end torque) versus just a graphical/UI glitch
    • Took Ultima Road and Camaro SS on companion runs at Interlagos to try new tire sidewalls on Ultima:
      • Ultima Road feels much nicer now, but I think in real life it would turn-in to corners better than the much heavier and front-heavy Camaro SS...right now it does not
      • Camaro SS brakes squeal constantly, even when cold
      • Both cars have way too lenient rev matching allowance to shift without use of clutch...they almost behave like sequentials
        • Many other H-pattern cars in the game have a similar issue
      • Faster AI class/vehicles (Ultima) have difficulty passing the slower ones (Camaro)
    • Q: what vehicles do the diff changes apply to? All? It is just a change to a default in the set-up for any RWD/AWD cars that use certain diffs?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  18. viper4r

viper4r Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To 2.
    This could be also an engine brake mapping problem.
    Maybe you can fix it via car setup, if it is available.

19. Robbb74

Robbb74 New Member AMS2 Club Member

For resetting all the setups to default, is it enough to delete a setups-folder in documents/ams2, or does this destabilise the game because other parts of the game are 'connected' with that folder?

With these changes in update 0.0.3, I would like to start over with clean setups, but not again reassign all my buttons and optimise my performance-settings.

Grtz

20. sci006

Super V8 RPM lights are now broken for me, only goes to blue no red? Pretty sure they were working better prior to the update.

• Agree Agree x 1