1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Th8r shifter not detected

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by David Peres, Jul 4, 2020.

1. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

So I bought AMS2 some time ago but since I could not get my Th8r shifter to work I uninstaled it and waited for V1.0... and here we are now, and I still cannot get my shifter to work. It works in every other sim, including AMS1, so I don't get it.

I deleted the Automobilista 2 file from "My Documents" and I tried different USB ports, tried restarting the PC, restarting the game and what else I could remember but nothing changes. It simply does not read any inputs from the Th8r when I try to assign the gears manually on "Edit Assigments".

Any ideas? Becouse I'm getting very frustrated with this and I know there's nothing wrong with my shifter since, like I've said, it's working in all other sims. Some of my favourite cars in AMS1 are H-Shifter cars but I cannot enjoy them in AMS2 like this :(

2. BistoKid

BistoKid Active Member

I have this shifter but do not have any such woes. Through EA, deleting my AMS2 folder numerous times did not cause issue either. Every time, I just had to re-assign each gear in ‘Edit Assignments’ and it has worked flawlessly.

Have you tried verification of files through Steam? I know, clutching a straws but I cannot advise other than confirming that the device will work with this sim.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
  3. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

I did try verifying the files trough Steam as well as uninstalling and reeinstalling the game, reeinstalling the shifter drivers, deleting the AMS2 my documents folder over and over again, tried connecting the shifter to all the different USB ports in my PC, tried different combinations of settings in the game... and I just gave up really... I understant that numerous people have the same shifter as I do and have no issues, but for me it works in all of the many sims I own except AMS2 so I'm out of things to try at this point.

4. Jens E.

Jens E. Member

firmware and driver update or re-install of the shifter done?

5. Rothko

Rothko New Member

i have the same problem, still no clue. Hadn' t had it with other sims and ams1

6. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

I have the T500RS and TH8RS and it work fine from scratch, sorry to see you're fighting with your config...
    Did you try to unplug all other unused USB devices INCLUDING the wheel and pedals, launch the game, set each gears (1 to R) in control (hoping it will work this time), close the game, replug all (wheel, peals,TH8RS, etc.) and relaunch game?

7. Styve

Styve New Member

Télécharge le pilote à jour sur le site de Thrustmather et tu pourras assigner ton shifter sur AMS2. Le problème vient du pilote.