1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fanatec DD wheels

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Brainbug, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Rafa Fleury

Rafa Fleury Member AMS2 Club Member

Using the DD2 for about 1.5 weeks now. AMS2 has given me the best FFB amongst all simracing soft I have tried so far (iRacing, ACC, AC, PC2, F1 2019). Good job Reiza.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anybody with the DD2 experience what i can only describe as a lack of feel when the wheel is centred and you first start to turn. Its as if you have to turn it 10degrees or so before it starts to register. I can run down a straight and oscillate the wheel 10 or so either way and have no adverse affect on the car. Its a weird feeling and then when you get past this point its as if the wheel accelerates and you end up with oversteer .

I have tried numerous ffb default, custom and other user customs and cant get rid of it . Its not a rim issue as i have just changed rims with no change .

Feel like im going bonkers

3. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have this problem. Are you sure your wheel is 1:1..? For some reason sometimes my SEN goes from AUT to something like 2340 which can create problems. Try my settings and see how you go.. Good for Super V8, Stock V8, GTR..

GAIN = 70% | LFB = 40% | FX = 5%
    fanatec_settings_ams2.jpg

4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Try my settings here...highly detailed. Zero 0 interpolation, thus micro details (scrubbing, engine, road details).

5. Coanda

90 FX, 1 ĹFB, 0 interpolation and 100 FFB intensity would be ridiculous, far from real feal and notchy as hell.. Each to their own i guess...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

90 FX => It's because you are not looking at my custom settings file. I have low values for road details to offset the "90" but need such higher number to boost scrubbing and minute engine vibrations. have reduced some forces. I had to boost to 90 because I wanted to feel the engine rotation and the scrubbing.

100 FFB => Not sure, where you get that from. I only have 50 in game and 35 in Fanalab. I have driven 8 different super cars (Ferrari, Lambo, Porsches, AMGs, Lotus, etc..) around 2 different tracks in real life, I'm familiar with real real feeling. But, like you said, FFB feelings it very personal. I like to feel all the road minute details and scrubbing... I feel the car is more "connected" to the road vs the flat and lackluster FFB in iRacing.

7. Coanda

After posting I thought it may have something to do with your custom file.. That makes better sense..

FEI = 100.. Force Effect Intensity

8. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member AMS2 Club Member

Some feedback . I deleted the game and started again . There does appear to be some improvement in the ffb feel and I actually managed to drive my bogey car the V8's. I cant say I am 100% satisfied but I'm moving in right direction on default setup ffb. It needs some further testing from me however I do feel more confident .
    Thanks to verybody for their input

9. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

Some updates for v1,0...

I use a custom FFB file on my rig at home, but last night I set up someone else using a DD2 and with in-game settings at 50ffb, 12LFB, 60fx on the default FFB profile.

On the DD2, the settings were:
    80FF
    LIN=0ff
    Damper 8
    Friction 6
    NIN 4
    Interpolation 1
    FEI 100
    FOR 100
    SPR 100
    DPR 100
    SHO 100

These are almost the same in-wheel settings as I run at home with my custom FFB file. Feels very good, he was using the Porsche 918 RSR wheel. I found these settings ok across a few different cars (Super V8, Ultima, Rocco, F-classic G1M1). There's enough surface detail there to feel dialled in to the track, though obviously not nearly as much as in the custom ffb files.

I like a strong wheel, so your mileage may vary, but I think with the DD2 you need to make use of the range of forces. Having the wheel FFB down low at 45-50 or so, like I did with AMS1, doesn't feel as detailed.
    I like to feel like I'm fighting with the car in corners, but I know a lot of people will prefer a lighter feel on their wheel. I get the appeal of a lighter wheel, and sure it might seem like you can correct the car easier, but I really lose details with the FFB set much below 80 in the wheel.

I also find that having the INT set above 3 really dampens some of the road feel in a way I don't like... for reference in other games I run INT between 4 - 8, and AMS2 I have settled on leaving at 1. For anyone who isn't feeling enough road / scrub, I would try drastically reducing the INT setting if you haven't tried it yet.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Coanda

gone down to 2 interpolation with good results on the DD2.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Syver

Syver New Member

Hi All,

My setup DD2 + Formula V2 (advanced paddle module).

I like to use the top shifters in the advanced paddle module and shift gear with my index finger. At the moment I can't seem to assign these paddles to shifting in AMS2 which is a showstopper for me (years of muscle memory … :) ).

Anyone else is running the advanced paddles and able to assigin them to any control in AMS2 ?
    Is this a known issue ?

Thx.

12. Sean Smith

Sean Smith Wolf WolfZ AMS2 Club Member

Hello, this is possibly a dumb question , but how do I get the Fanalab software to find my games . How to point it to my D: Program files 86/Steam/common/automobilista2 ?

13. Syver

Syver New Member

I asked this question on the Fanatec forum. It seems we have to wait for a Fanalab update.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Stevejack

Stevejack Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you setting "custom" as your wheel, or are you using one of the Fanatec presets?
    I had all sorts of trouble assigning my shifters when I used one of the Fanatec presets, but setting as custom fixed it for me. FWIW I'm using the advanced paddle module and a separate sequential (I change the assignment whenever I need to) and it's working well for me.

15. Syver

Syver New Member

Thx for the tip. I am using the fanatic DD2 preset with Formula wheel (not sure exactly which wheel as the full text does not display properly in the interface !!! ). I will try your method asap.

16. Syver

Syver New Member

No. Not working for me. AMS still does not allow me to use the top paddles to shift even using custom. It registers them in the Assignments page but totally ignores the assignment when on track and revert to the middle paddles. That is a showstopper for me. I have accumulated too much muscle memory to change my way. Sad cause the latest update is awesome. Please Reiza fix this. It works in all the other sims.

17. Rafa Fleury

Rafa Fleury Member AMS2 Club Member

Updated to the last DD2 beta driver and the new Fanalab which supports AMS2. Had to re assign everything again (same happen to iRacing and ACC). But in AMS2 the shifter pads are not working for me. I can shift using the shifter but not the pads. Anyone having the same problem? Similar to above, I can assign the paddles to shift up and down bu in the car it does not work (all fine on the other sims).

Should I try to use custom wheel on AMS2?

• Like Like x 1
  18. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, anyone having an issue with the to revleds in the V2 wheel playing up in ams2?

Mine rev as per normal up to the default blue then they start flashing and go backwards and forwards. When you change gear they are normal again until you hit the blue colour again and it repeats the glitch again, does it in each gear.

19. Coanda

Setting this option should fix it..

ams2_fanatec_shifter_option.jpg

20. Coanda

I can confirm this. It's not a issue as I use the default middle paddles.
    How it still knows to use the default middle paddles once mapped to the top ones is beyond me..

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1