1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Just out of curiosity, what settings do you use in Gain, FX and LFB?

2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Gain between 80 and 95 depending on the car
    LFB 30
    FX 60
    TM CP default (75/100/100/100)
    In the file i didn't change anything, first i tried min force at 0.06, but i like it better at 0.00.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm curious if others are finding the "Detailed" file of Heavy Messing 2.5 to be a little vague due to constant scrub-type effect in the corners? After reducing the micro detail scaling to 0.6, I like pretty much everything about it. However, I am finding that the scrub effect is almost immediate upon cornering well before the limit and it's making it hard to detect other things while cornering. It's possible I am indeed sliding slightly hence the scrub, so maybe I will try a different car. I have been testing with the P3 Roco at Oulton Park mostly.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Nice settings, I like it. Works great with open wheeler :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Dare I say it? Still using NuScorpii's "Heavy Messing Custom File 2.5 Beta" and I love it with my TS 300. Thanks a lot, NuScorpii!!:)

Settings:

TM Software
    75 (Standard)
    100 (Standard)
    100 (Standard)
    By Game

FFB:
    Gain: 100
    Low FFB Boost: 50
    FX: 10-30 (depends on Car Class).

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I had the same issue on my T300. Just try reducing scrub scale down until it balances out to your liking and you should be good to go. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  7. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks. Would it be scrub_scale under FX or Scrub_scale_front/rear?

8. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the same question as you. Wondering which one of those is the best one to change in order to reduce the scrub effect that is felt well before an actual slide. I messed around with the file a bit, and couldn't figure it out.

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

(scrub_scale n) - the first mention of scrub that appears in the file.

But, I don't think it affects the sensitivity of how quickly a scrub effect is felt in the turn, just the overall force/volume of the scrub effects. However, the author can confirm.

• Like Like x 1
  10. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Alright, so this is an updated file that @Karsten Hvidberg, @Shadak and I have all been working on, which is this same file from the original SilverRaw 4.0, but upgraded for V1.0. (SilverRaw 40.0.5)

It got some improved feedback from the previous as in weight response at speed and around corners, as well as road feel.

I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work well on any DD wheels too btw.

@Alegunner68, as I said above its an updated version of Silver Raw so if it worked for you in the past this one should work as well, and I hope it does!

The same format as always with the variables on top so you can change to suit your preferred FFB:

# Rack scaling settings

(momentum_scale 1.0)
    (center_pull 0.05)
    (momentum_resistance 1.0)
    (road_contact_resistance 0.0)
    (momentum_limit 100.0)
    #(min_momentum_weight 1.0)
    (balance_scale 0.5)
    (exaggerate_front_load_feel 0.4)
    (slope_features_scale 0.1)
    ###########################################################
    # Effect weights - Change here to make an effect more or less pronounced relative to other effects weights.

(engine_scale_at_still 0.6)
    (engine_scale_at_speed 0.03)
    (road_rumble_scale 0.01)
    (scrub_scale 0.6)
    (kerb_scale 0.08)

I hope it works well for everyone and you guys enjoy it! It works great for me!

I uploaded it again to fix a bug with the kerbs, last uploaded 12/07 @21:55

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  11. F.Santos

This is a lighter version of the Silver Raw 4.0.5 in case you find the above to harsh, my favourite file for quite sometime before I changed, and I still have my reservations to which is best tbh:p!

This one doesn't need much adjustment, in my opinion, its great right out of the box!
    Silver Raw V1 - 4.0.2

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Hello
    I would like to test this version but can you clarify something please? the main complain I have with Reiza default is the loose wheel center , and Nuscorpii customs FFB fixed it for me with the introduction of the "tightness" variable and AMS2 feels really great now on my TS PC racer wheel through additional Gain/LFB/FX per car in the Game itself.

Is there an equivalent of this "tightness" in the in the Silver ram parameters?

Thanks so much

13. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

A bit controversial comment maybe but the FFB Simracing topic is controversial by nature anyway

while I was typing my message, I was also thinking about the lats 30yrs in automotive in regards to power steering design and development. I was about to enter University when Suzuki introduced the 1st EPS (electric power steering) on a road car in the market then HONDA followed by using such system on the NSX in 1990. It didn't prove to be massively popular with other OEMs in the early 90s and when I started my career as an Engineer in the mid 90s, I was not really involved in any car development that would set the Design directions with EPS, it was still HPS all over the place.
    Now we are in 2020 and its obviously a different story and it has become very mainstream in every single OEM and market.

Where I am coming from is actually me as a Simracer being influenced by my background in automotive, I hated this feeling of the 1st EPS that I had to use in the Vehicles Programs development I was joining.Really hated this lack of connection with the car, this loose feeling around the center, lack of weight overall not to mention the whining noise from the electric motors.

Now of course OEMs have come a long way and improved dramatically on these concerns and I am lucky enough to drive a sport car with an EPS I love considering how well balanced it is but it doesn't completely erase the bad memories in my head.

I am putting my feet in Simracing games Devs and I am thinking if their own experience with cars could affect the way they design FFB in their titles, I wouldn't think they have driven all these sport and racing cars we can access but a just a certain portion of it meaning their IRL reference somehow spoils their work?

Having said that, I might be also not doing the right thing because in all these titles I own, I use a Custom FFB and tweak it to fight this lose wheel center feeling I was mentioning above but by doing that, I am now starting to think that I remove somehow the essence of car to car behavior difference in that area so basically I would be doing the "wrong" thing by making all the cars in the title too much uniform.

Things for thoughts guys(and girls)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
  14. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For reference, as you have a different (slightly stronger) wheel, what in-game gain/LFB/FX settings do you have w/ this?

15. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

I use smooth but tweak it a little bit to increase the micro details slightly. I can't help but fiddle a bit especially after trying different car / track combos. :) Sometimes I feel like more scrub helps, other times a bit less. I do wonder if it's just "something feels slightly better because it's different" type thing.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Well-Known Member

@Chip @sherpa25 @Slapshot82 @Marc Collins With regards to when the scrub effect starts happening you can tweak the following variables in the scrub code:

(sf_s 0.55) - Front scrub threshold
    (sr_s 0.52) - Rear scrub threshold

Increase these values to require a greater slip angle before the scrub effect starts.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. F.Santos

It's hard for me to tell because I never had this problem nor your type of wheel.
    What I have been doing is helping Karsten who wrote the file to fine-tune the variables.

What you can do is create a file where you can save Nus file along with a text file and your FFB in-game settings, then drop one of the file above into your AMS2 tune it to your liking and if you feel it's not working just drop Nus file back in and adjust the FFB in-game again.

As long as you have it all saved/stored you can just replace it again. Also, I have people here that are using the same wheel as me and getting a different in-game FFB so the best chance you have would be testing it yourself, it's super simple and quick to do it.

• Like Like x 1
  18. F.Santos

Atm 65.45.60

• Like Like x 1
  19. F.Santos

Well, that could be the case as well.

Put this way, the specific heaviness of each car based on their physical behaviour of front or rear wheel is all I need Reiza to deliver, and it feels like they did.

What this files from Nus and Karsten are doing now is making them more Simracer friendly adding tyre scrub, more kerbing and more road feel, but I don't believe they deviate from the characteristics of each car at all.

That I guess will be down to you and me at the end of the day having it feeling how we like, so I guess if you prefer a tighter feeling so long you know you altering that car specific characteristics go for it.

20. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

I hear you and dont worry i 200% respect Nus and Karsten work for the all the opportunities they provide us with tailor made FFB, i said this several times on the forum

My point was specifically on replicating the steering feel through the wheel tightness like nus call it, the wheel which is the only thing that relays the overall car behavior in a sim tittle unless you have shakers and/or motion set on your rig

• Like Like x 1