1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real Head Motion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris Ground, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Chris Ground

Chris Ground Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi, I always liked GSC and as well now AMS. The only thing that always anoyed me (as well in rF1) was the head movement. For rF1 there was this "Real Head Motion" plugin, which worked for GSC as well if I remember correctly. As in AMS the head movement is quite anoying, especially with all the small movements I tried this plugin, but it seemed not to work. As there a solution, may be somewhere in the config files or even a trick to make "Real Head Motion" plugin work?

Thanks

2. Allaeius

Allaeius Beginner AMS2 Club Member

You might want to check this out: Roadnoise Immersion Mod

There author also made an instruction to add more shakiness on the head if I'm not mistaken. Might be worth checking out, perhaps it is something you're looking for.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's not the one you're looking for.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
  3. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It's still working here (I use v1.0, don't know about later versions)

4. Allaeius

I tried v1.1, I think I can see a difference in the head motion (more movements) but I cannot verify that until I recorded gameplays with both the plugin loaded and unloaded. It might just be a placebo.

5. keith windsor

Try it at Portimao or Barber and you can't fail to see the massive difference - if you can't then it is probably not working properly :)

6. Allaeius

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.

7. Allaeius

The versioning is quite confusing for this plugin. Zip says V1.0 but inside RealHeadMotion.ini it says 0.2 Beta. Which one are you using?

EDIT: Played Barber today and I do see a difference now. However, I am not sure if its because of the plugin or the in game settings. See Controls -> Rates. I cranked up the Head Movement and Look Ahead (I play on a single monitor) sliders to 100% and there's huge difference and definitely feeling more of the track's bumps in accordance to how it feels like on the wheel. I tried this setting with and without the plugins, I can't really tell since I cannot see it side by side.

@Chris Ground You might want to try playing with the settings and see what works for you.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2016
  8. keith windsor

I am using v1 but it says 0.2 in the ini. (I always stuck with this version as it seemed to work better for me in GSC, later versions seemed to be not as effective for me).
    All I can tell you is I know for sure it works for me. I suffer from motion sickness. If I start driving and forgot to install the plugin, I can tell within a single lap. As soon as the plugin is installed I get no problem.
    And I can see the difference easily -
    Drive out of Portimao pits without the plugin, and the dash board stays exactly where it is all the time.
    Install the plugin, drive out of pits and the dash moves vertically as soon as you go down the hill out of the pits.

Of course, you can still alter the head movement & look ahead if you want, and I also think the motion sickness effect seems to be less severe in AMS than it was in GSC for some reason, but I still prefer (need) the plugin for longer race sessions.

(It concerns me a bit that this plugin may not exist for Reiza17 but I'll worry about that when it happens :) ).

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Allaeius

Thanks, I've been using the v1.1 and it works great for me. I don't think I can live without it.

Have anyone been able to use it in replays?

10. RMK

RMK New Member AMS2 Club Member

For the F vintage (and analogically other cars) open F_Vintage_Cockpitinfo.ini and F_Vintage_V8_Cockpitinfo.ini file and make sure you have this line: CockpitVibrationMag=0.000
    Hi speed shake is now taken out completely !
    Now add some values in .PLR file to get nice head movement, also mix this values with percentage set in the in-game settings.
    Whats interesting the CockpitVibrationMag line was actually missing in some of the cars Cockpitinfo.ini settings, so make sure it is there!
    REM

11. RWB 3vil

RWB 3vil Member AMS2 Club Member

I use this plugin. Its great for removing the awful horizon shaking, but Im starting to feel a little nauticous when i brake as the head movment makers the cockpit move towards the camera.

Any ideas which settings in the ini I can change to reduce that effect?