1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

A driver profile, with your choice of built-in(when they arrive) and/or custom helmets, gloves and race suit skins, that you take with you into every car. Maybe also have 5 custom slots that you can pick and choose per event.
    From the built-in gloves, I personally like the red & white ones. I'd use them all the time, if I could.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ahpigsy

ahpigsy Member

Improved damage model.
    In game save.
    Make AI more human like. ie. Ability to oversteer, small mistakes (tire locks), missing apexes. AI currently seem to have increased braking and avoidance abilities so they don't crash into player or other cars. They also don't look completely realistic in replays. They have strange micro movements from side to side.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Umbrellas for spectators, so that you see if it rains when they open their umbrellas.
    The same, if umbrellas are closed then you know the rain stopped and only the track is still wet.

• Like Like x 12
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For others to "agree", it would be great @Dean Ogurek if you can provide a little more details and benefits... You are probably referencing RR3 transmission downshift effect (as if someone is hitting the brakes quickly and softly), am I correct. BTW, I'm glad to see you in this forum as well, you have good posts on SimExperience about settings.

5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a creative idea, but since crowds are optional in the first place (consumes quite a bit of FPS) and the fact it would require a lot of work to make the crowds assets weather compliant and offers very little tangible benefits (IMHO). Reiza will most likely not sell more copies for having such feature vs having a solid online ranking, more content, etc... That's the only reason I voted to disagree, not to be mean...

• Like Like x 2
  6. alink

yes, I know.
    I get this idea when I was racing in Bathurst in thunderstorm (random weather changes). It never dried up and I was wondering if it's raining all time or not because there was so much spray, I couldn't figure it out. So I thought, when the spectators had umbrellas, then I would know if it's still raining or not....

• Like Like x 3
  7. WarmRed

WarmRed Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I second this. I imagine it is possible already if we knew the server url but official support would be great.

9. Mahjik

Mahjik Active Member

Anyone know if Reiza is planning to add "Motorsport Presets" like PC2 used?

10. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Thanks, you may be interested in this. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Request: more info output on UDP port for external telemetry apps.
    Currently using RST and there is a bit of digging and guesswork on car parameters. The exact data required I believe has been requested by RST directly to reiza.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

This was mentioned briefly by @Coanda (Post #16) and I just want to get a little more in to detail

Based on Game Build: 1.0.0.3
    Request: Pit Stop strategy setup
    Description: Being able to setup different Pitstop strategies before the race. Something like Fuel only / Tires only / Repair only / Everything
    Benefits: Currently it is almost not possible to setup a Pit stop during the race with the menu. I tried it and failed miserably.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A black-and-white pie chart/schematic with a time of day on either side, representing dawn and dusk for the chosen circuit. Some of us trembling aesthetes thirst for this information, as we simply cannot bear to race without suitably dramatic lighting. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Paul Greenwood

Paul Greenwood New Member

NEED BETTER CAR SOUNDS.
    With ACC having a stunning, gritty soundtrack that rivals the legendary Racerooms. Can we have the same for AMS2? Because its just dam synthetic compared.
    Will the developers improve on this? It would ad soooo much to the realism.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. alink

Getting dirt front windows, in closed cars, and visors (with pull down visors), in open cars, for some more reality.
    Getting dirt due to marbles, oil, rain drops, flys,....
    Front windows are cleaned on pit stop or when it's raining.
    A similar feature was in GTR / GTR2 / race / NASCAR Racing 2003 season

16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Current F1 qualifying system (Q1, Q2, Q3).

On the graphics side, would be neat to have yellow, green, purple sector widgets:

upload_2020-7-18_16-45-51.png

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I'd like the performance delta to be a little more sharp to read. Its current font and colors over a grey background isn't good to read, at least to me.

• Agree Agree x 7
  18. Balan76

Balan76 New Member

We need the ability to save a few different race option settings for multiplayer lobbies.

Benefit is we would have quick access to different race settings, sometimes we may want to race with/without penalties/damage etc.
    Also the way it is now if i go into someone elses lobby my next lobby will have the same settings from the previous lobby i was in, its annoying because i dont always like those settingsd and sometimes forget to make sure they are the way i want.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.3
    Request Title: Change colour of car setup figures to reflect whether above or below the default setting.
    Description: Currently, there is no reference point for setup parameters. Therefore, display default numerical values in white but change the colour when those values are altered e.g. a lower value will be displayed in blue, a higher one in yellow.
    Benefits: It will be easy to see if a setup value is higher, lower or the default.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  20. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Say no more

(perhaps better for wreckfest)