1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

General AMS2 Release & Feedback Topic

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Micropitt, Jul 1, 2020.

1. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

I wouldn't go so far lol but the work he did going through every car is invaluable for Devs, all the small bugs reported all togheter in a vid is really comfy...as I said we/they just need to put audio off and skip the parts where he says they are lazy and this video can still be useful...you basically need to remove everything is coming by his mind lol

• Like Like x 4
  2. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Reiza for President!!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. B Stu

B Stu Member

@Renato Simioni Could you maybe pin these last statments (possibly even post them on Steam). Things get lost in here....)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

A lot of it and more will be covered in our next Dev Update and in various ways highlighted in the upcoming official AMS2 website, both of which should be coming up right about the time the first major update is due out, which is probably more suitable for Steam where users tend to be a little less charitable so we´re probably better off letting the work do part of the talking there :) Feel free to share it wherever you find it may be relevant in the meantime tho.

• Like Like x 7
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Bull Shark

Bull Shark "Later has already begun." AMS2 Club Member

No need for me to say more. Great post @Renato Simioni.
    I’m following the progress of AMS2 very close and I like what I see, hear and feel.
    Drink a beer on my account. Bottoms up m8.:D

6. Matt_EU

Matt_EU New Member

I found a car where if I'm in 4th gear / 10km/h and if I touch a gas pedal I spin instantly. Damn, it was only 5 hours ago (~19:00) but I don't remember which car it was. Will try today 14/07/2020 - I'm going to sleep now.

7. Cheesenium

Cheesenium Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also, it would be great if updates are pushed through the new News system on steam. Particularly major updates like the end of the month updates has to be pushed through the News carousel on Steam UI along with when new content are added too.

8. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Saw some coments in a youtube video with people already saying that the game is dead cause the players count on steamdb was low (yeah, same history of ACC in the beginning).

Not that it worries me, but I was wondering the player count in the beta version since steamdb doesn't show it. For what I see in the forum a lot of the backers still, primarily, using the beta.

9. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

tHe gAmE iS dEaD ....just ignore it. rF2 is dead, ACC is dead, AMS1/2 is dead and sim racing in general is dead, if you compare player count of the niche simulations to the overall gaming market. :D

10. rafaelplacce

rafaelplacce Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah, I couldn't care less about it in the way these people do.
    I dont think the future of AMS2 is in jeopardy.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Grizzly

Grizzly New Member AMS2 Club Member

One of the thigns that has stood out to me as missing in the V1.0 release is the ability to adjust race strategy (ie, how much fuel to take at pitstops and the like): You can do this from in car management yes, but both AMS1 and PC2 had an ability to tune this from the car setup menu and that is significantly less of a pain.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  12. CrimsonEminence

Yes, yes, yes and....again YES!!
    We need this. Pit stops in a race are still a PITA and i like to drive races with some Pit strategy...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

MY NOT REQUESTED AND SIMPLE THOUGHT.

Are there problems in the game? Sure, some are big?, probable, but if we talk about a product and we average the cost between what it is worth and what it gives, we are still in the positive zone.

I have worked for years as It (25), customers service, I have had a game shop, internet shop, Console Repair shop. People saying it shouldn't be presented in this state? there are products that cost thousands of dollars that have had catastrophic flaws for years and are "professional". (Microsoft, Nintendo, Sony, Hp, Dell, Asus ... choose one).

Ams2 is my favorite sim at the moment, Why ?, because it's fun, it's not a job, I don't have to take half a day to play. I turn it on, choose the combo and play. Easy hotlapping, and if I want to make a championship..ono ... this one no.. sorry ;)

Driveability is good, excellent in some cases, less in others, I can't judge at the moment I'm without a steering wheel (# $% &).
    I can't judge also because the best I drove are karts, some Golf Gti, Peugeot 205 turbo, Uno turbo (I'm Italian ..), from that perspective the Sprint Race is all about enjoying and giving me the same feeling, of course I can't know nothing about the driveability of a Ginetta or F1 because I have never driven one. Setup? I take the car to the mechanic to change the oil.

I don't have an ultra kit direct drive, I haven't walked all bahtrust and I recognize that he lacks a small bump. I am a simple man, but the money of this simple man having fun has the same value as a professional simracer, perhaps a little more because I have less. Few people who **** the fan on all possible social media because they feel defrauded do not have to count more than those who feel that the game is giving them what they want and expect it to improve.

Part of the problem are those non-professional youtubers who have no qualms about slaughtering the work of years to make 4 more visits.
    If you search on youtube those are the videos you find first.
    You should fight back with an equal level of video from people who love AMS2.
    I am tired of professional hatred, there is no sim that can be saved, people who pull **** over Live for Speed which cost $ 10 and lasted 20 years. WTF

Going serious, from a business perspective, everything Reiza's are doing right now for this amount of money is miraculous. you know ... Pandemic ... Bolsonaro (ouch ...).
    In Argentina, a Ps4 game costs 10,000 pesos (a basic salary of 16,000), AMS2 costs 3 pizzas ... are you kidding me?
    Come on guys...

Saludos y Mate para todos..

PS
    I apologize because I derailed and it became a mind streaming ...

PS2
    Maybe a decent (open source) project manager would be better than reporting bugs on the forum, I'm IT guy ...

• Like Like x 8
  14. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I have a question: is the car physics already complete/done with the 1.0 version of the game? Is it the physics final version? Did the devs say anything about it?

15. CrimsonEminence

I can not speak for that what Reiza is doing, but i can recall, what was told to me, when discussions about car behaviour was occuring:

It was mentioned by the leading developer, that the development of physics and car dynamics is on a state, it's intended to be, but also a flowing one, always considering feedback and new information. The vision of what it should work like, is archieved, but not excluding possibilities of improvements. An example would be, you have data of a car, behaving different of what the real deal should be in the sim. They look into it. I've experienced a partially similar case in the beta already (after being asked to record some laps on edge for telemetry for another user), that was partially contributing into leading to changes of the Caterham class by a good chunk (improved it). They made the cars even more believeable and fun. So deliver some detailed description, maybe even with some data and detailed experience and i'm sure, this Studio will not refuse to improve it. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Ok. Thanks for the answer.

17. Beccobunsen

Show some love for this Kind of youtubers..

• Like Like x 4
  18. CrimsonEminence

1st and 3rd one yes!!

For Ermz? (second tuber)
    No thanks! Using a tyre exploit, to make a point about setup and "dedication" making you 5 (!!) seconds faster, without mentioning the bugusing right from the start, or making Codemasters look bad in a brainwash video for things, he didn't even understand. I have no love for such a style of content creation, even if his production value is amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Phil Rose

Phil Rose New Member

Thanks @Beccobunsen for sharing our video, I am glad that you liked the review!

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Beccobunsen

There is certainly a lot of reason in what you say, but I have seen the whole series and above all the first videos are very informative.
    Maybe he gets too excited about one thing and disappointed for others and then the next week he comes back. haha. You are probably right. Now he's back in love with Rf2. But the production is excellent. Maybe is trying the youtebers way a little too much.

"THE LIFE OF ALL THE COWS IN THE WORLD IN DANGER? FIND OUT HOW CAPPUCCINO CAN LEAD TO A MASS EXTINCTION!" and the photo of the capuccino the cow with the cross and the worried face. ;) just kidding...