1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Twinz

Twinz Member

My Reverb looks about as crisp as my 34" LG 1080p monitor at my desk. I'm using 0.6 sharpening, medium car and track detail, low AA, and I have detailed grass and shadows both turned off.

With my 3800X + 1080ti, this looks sharp and plays smoothly in dry conditions. (Rain kills my frametimes)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

I'm getting significant slow-down in VR now, mostly in corners or coming out of them. Reducing details seems to have zero effect.

• Like Like x 1
  3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

To run VR I start by doing the same and getting that dialog up, then I have to go to my SimCommander software and run the game from there so my wheel gets supported. That takes me back to the selection dialog for VR and I choose SteamVR for my Reverb.

4. Stevie777

Stevie777 New Member

I was wondering the same. I will have to investigate some more.

5. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Mmmm, why you don't launch directly AMS2 directly and only with SimCommander? Something from your wheel prevent this?

This is what I do and it work fine for me (Oculus): In the SimCommander Launch parameters fields (Control Center->Games->Advanced part), replace the default "-applaunch 1066890 -silent" by "steam://launch/1066890/othervr -silent"

Warning: Setting "vr" instead of "othervr" in this string will do the trick for you as you use SteamVR:
    "steam://launch/1066890/vr -silent"

Sorry if I misunderstood the reason your using your way to launch the game...

• Like Like x 1
  6. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I need Sim Commander 4 so it can load the profile for my wheel for the game. I will try those launch options you've suggested, thanks for that.

7. Guilherme

Guilherme New Member AMS2 Club Member

I just tested it in V1.0.0.3 and helmet view still gives me 40% to 50% worse performance compared to cockpit view in VR.

And I also have the feeling that overall performance got a bit worse after 1.0 release.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's interesting, is that with helmet on or off?

9. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

I tried helmet view (helmet visible) in the latest build and it had zero performance hit. Earlier versions (and PC2) did suffer a noticeable performance hit with visible helmet. On my system something has changed for the better. Weird that others are having different results.

10. Ren Lacerda

Ren Lacerda New Member

AMS2AVX.exe is not closing on the Oculus library after closing. It doesn't shows me option to close it, neither to start it again, only shows the going around circle indicating that the game is running. Anybody else having same issue?

11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Going back to the camera shake/world movement discussion, the settings that gave the least "stuttering/lagging feeling" was as follows:

High speed shake OFF
    World Movement 0
    G-Force Effect 0

For me, these settings make it bearable to race the F-V10 on Adelaide. However there are still those weird shaking effects that make it look like the game is stuttering, especially visible on turns.

12. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

That's because you have moved 100% of the movement to the car. For me 50% works much better than either extreme value; at 50% there is moderate world movement and moderate car movement.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. sgsfabiano

For me at 50% or higher the feeling of stuttering is much harsher. I made this gif to show what I mean with "stuttering":

Sem-Título-1.gif

This is what I see when I'm taking a turn and I look at the cars in front, very prominent on high speed turns and bumpy tracks. I believe this is simulating the head shaking/bouncing, but when you are actually seating static on your cockpit at home this bouncing causes the feeling of lag or stuttering, very offputting.

With World Movement at 0% this shaking is attenuated, at the cost of your cockpit going crazy. However, as I drive looking at the road & cars, I do not really pay that much attention to my cockpit so I felt a smoother experience that way.

14. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. Im using a Valve Index with SteamVR. With this Launch parameter AMS2 still starts in Non-VR mode.
    I'd like to start AMS2 in VR using a desktop icon, but currently without success.

15. YoLolo69

YoLolo69 Active Member

Weird... That's the string I use in URL field when I want to launch the game in VR without SimCommander using a shorcut created by Steam. Previously I had a similar problem when I wanted to use SimExperience, like other ones, and this also fixed the problem. check here in the SimExperience forum, as I may have missed some tricks for Steam users (this is page 3, possibly go to page 1 first):
    SimXperience Owners Club Forum

16. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

Note: SimX forum access is limited based on user Hardware / Software / SimX permission.

17. Cassini

Cassini 3D Artist and Video Editor AMS2 Club Member

How can I adjust side/top mirrors in VR?
    In PC2 it's easily adjustable.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. sgsfabiano

That's great news actually! But at the moment there is no way to adjust mirror angles, unfortunately.

This is one of most anticipated features for me. We have a pretty good amount of content already, what we need is the implementation of all these little features.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Yeah I really miss this feature. I guess when Reiza eventually decide to focus on VR, it’ll be sorted, like the other things that you only really notice when in VR, like the driver model’s legs lying flat. And the gear changing animation also being broken.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Anyone hyped for the reverb g2? Ams 2 clarity on the g1 is excellent so the g2 should be on another level.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2