1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2: The ‘Not-a-Priority Things to Fix’ List

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Apr 2, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Would really like the championship feature to get some fixes .
    Don't know if it's just me expecting too much but was pretty surprised at the lack of customizable options when it dropped in 1.0 , I know if I had gone into this game cold without having been with it since early access I would have been really annoyed at buying this without a fully fledged championship mode .
    I just feel that being able to choose the length of the sessions should be a given , what I really would like to see is totally custom championship's . At the moment for me ams2 is just a hotlap SIM , I do enjoy it and will stick with it but find myself back on AC and AMS more and more !

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Please take the time to "search" the forum, especially the announcements made by Reiza. You would have noticed that they clearly mentioned that the Championship mode is an early version and remains a work-in-progress...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Well thanks but I've spent far longer in here already than I should have tbh , must of missed that post I guess .
    Maybe the name of this thread should be changed to " things to fix that may or may not have been mentioned in thousands of previous pages " seriously VFX , look at the thread heading before you get on your high horse !

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know if someone mentioned it before, but there's one further thing which should be fixed or solved:
    Every car has another maximum steering rotation, but I don't feel it on my wheel. When the cars steering rotation is exceeded the FFB of my steering wheel should be on maximum to block further rotation myself.

5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't have this problem with Fanatec DD2 wheel. You have to provide your wheel and car so it can be verified..

6. alink

wheel: Thrustmaster T150
    car: every car in AMS2, every car has its own steering lock but I don't 'feel' the lock.
    example:
    the Karts have 180° (+/- 90°) but I can rotate my wheel 1090° without any difference in FFB. As I know, in AMS1 it is that the FFB is on max. after 90° left/right.
    Of course, with another car there are other steering limits and the wheel should react in reference of the cars steering limits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. JoeMoore

JoeMoore New Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes slider or buttons would be nice ------- also thanks for info above , " data=".96" is perfect for me .
    cheers .

8. Eduardo Beninca

Eduardo Beninca New Member

thx

9. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Not sure if this has been mentioned or in the works, but showing Personal Best for track/car combo ( as in AMS1) would be nice to have back.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  10. F2020

F2020 Member

Would be great to have a dude waving a big chequered flag when you finish the race, similar to ACC.

• Agree Agree x 10
  11. MadMax1998

MadMax1998 New Member

Not sure if this has been suggested already, but in Project CARS 2, on a rolling start with no formation lap, you get manual control over the car a few seconds before the lights turn green. In AMS2 you only get control once the race starts on green. I like how the FFB smoothly "fades in" as you gain control, but I would like to position my car properly before the green flag waves -- the AI sometimes places my car in weird spots!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Your wheel is not configured properly. The rest of us have proper automatic steering rotation.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. alink

Really? Your (real) steering wheel stops rotating (or has max. FFB-force) with the steering lock of the (virtual) wheel?
    I think my wheel is configured properly, virutal and real steering is 1:1. But when virtual wheel stops rotating because of steering range, it doesn't have an effect on my real wheel. I can rotate without any changes in force the whole 1090°.
    If it's a configuration issue, how can I fix it?

14. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

My G29 behaves just like yours, but to be honest it does not bother me at all. Would be cool if it worked, though.

15. Marc Collins

Yes, of course it does and always has.

You don't have your hardware listed in your signature like we're supposed to. If you do that, I bet someone who has the same will be able to point to specific fixes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. alink

Wheel: Thrustmaster T150
    I use default FFB settings, so it's not a wrong configuration of my side because of an individual FFB setting.
    In AMS1 it worked, too. But in AMS2 it never worked. I always can steer from one endpoint to the other endpoint of my T150 steering wheel without any change in 'feeling' or strengh.
    It's not a big problem for me but as this worked in AMS1 I would like to have it in AMS2, too.

17. Marc Collins

The problem, if there is one, will be in the control panel settings outside the game. Most wheels have settings and/or options for rotation in the control panel that can override a game's ability to do auto-rotation. If the auto-rotation works in AMS 1, but not AMS 2 with the exact same settings, then the problem is with AMS 2. If this is true, you can check, because everyone else with your wheel should be having the same problem. Are they?

18. alink

I don't change or setup anything in control panel, wheel rotation is set to max (1090°). AMS 1 set it automatically to the car's steering range, but in AMS 2 it doesn't.
    Don't know, but is it worth a try deleting controller settings in AMS2 \documents\ - folder? Last time I did it was with the 2nd latest EA version.

19. Marc Collins

For sure I would delete it and the FFB file.

I seem to recall some issue with the 1080 degrees. As a test, first, try setting it to 900 and see if that corrects things. As far as I am aware, no car in AMS 2 has more than a 900 degree range, so you won't be missing anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. alink

I'll give it a try, thanks