1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer: Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GuiltySpark704, Jul 16, 2020.

1. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You need a private group/league for that st the moment. The ams2 Facebook group is starting to put that type of thing together.

2. Wilfred de Ruijter

Wilfred de Ruijter Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What's the reason that a lot of qualifying is taking place in the night? The majority of my qualies were at night.

3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I would hazard a guess at immersion and aesthetics.

4. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

My 2c .. we still occasionally race AMS2 online but only in a closed group. Otherwise, Im personally waiting for more QOL improvements and features for online play. Not just ratings and safety, but general lobby system and the insanely stupid penalties/off tracks etc. while at the same time hoping they will tweak the physics to get a bit closer to AMS1 instead of the floaty/boat feeling from a lot of cars. I've not played PC2 so unsure whether its just left overs from the engine or something.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Simmo99x

Simmo99x Active Member

If you find Mikk Schleifer, he usually does great online lobbies, plus you can join his Steam AMS2 club, good guys and great clean racing...

6. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No one in the group i'm in is keen yeah we have over 800 people steam number's are not all that great to,I've been in lobbys with just 1 person was a great race but the number's are not there
    love the game they have my support but this game was released to early and should of even been delayed.BUT in saying that ACC was in the same boat so i'll fire it up in a year
    • 104 players right now
    • 222 24-hour player peak
    • 1,150all-time player peak4 months ago

7. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Well.. its niche. We can't expect fortnite-level of players. The only way to increase playercount is to dumb it down and make it gamepad-friendly.. but that's something we do not want.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ciccina2016

Ciccina2016 Member AMS2 Club Member

the MP is dead as it was in ACC went it went out.. it will take 1 year to mature

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Huh?!? iRacing average about 6000 players at any one time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think Kunos played it nicely: lots of streamers and influencers invited to have their new content a few days before and made so many streams. I'm pretty sure those streamers are somehow affiliated to ACC so they will not stream ever AMS2 and their review will not be positive. I think something must be done on that PR side of the business. Also there are some bugs and MP with rating to work on so that people start playing it more. But I think there must be a bit more of an effort to convey through to the social media brainwashed people that this is not a mod of PC2. ACC communities are swimming into this prejudice with a fairly elitarian pride...

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

Does it?

Do steam charts not account for all iracing players then?
    iRacing - Steam Charts

12. Stickdeath1980

Stickdeath1980 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Capture.PNG

• Like Like x 1
  13. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe accounts only steam players? I usually join F3 sessions with ~60 to ~120 players registered.

14. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I dont see a single reason to use steam for iRacing, I actually think there were some downsides with discounts or promo codes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Dan44AFCB

Dan44AFCB Member AMS2 Club Member

16. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Kunos are certainly the masters of PR IMO - way better than any other racing sim developer. But Kunos were starting from a position of strength in that they had the largest customer-base on Steam with AC, while Reiza have the smallest with AMS1. I think its a mistake to see this as an AMS2 vs ACC battle - they are very different products and it will be very difficult for Reiza to match Kunos in terms of sales/user numbers.

Nevertheless, I do think that with the planned new content for the base game and the dlc, Reiza are well placed to grow in popularity by offering racing that ACC and other titles don't.

Also while I understand if you are not a fan of PC2, then any reference to it will upset you, there are actually a lot of PC2 players out there - as many as are playing ACC. At the moment I don't think AMS2 is polished enough, has enough "mainstream" content or enough new features over PC2 to attract them, but this will change as the game develops and with PC3 taking the franchise in a different direction, if you could just get 10% of PC2 players it would double the current AMS2 player numbers.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  17. BrassYeti

BrassYeti New Member

I help run a North American league that races Thursday Nights @ 8:30 CST. We are doing a formula 3 season. All skill levels welcome :). Presason is this week if you want to join! Shoot me a PM if you want to join. Idk what the rules are for advertising leagues as i've not seen any around

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Me racing Copa at Indy. Leading 12 laps. 1.5 min to go. Accidentaly shifted from 4th in 1st. Engine blown :D

It saddens me a bit that not many people master such cars as the Copa.

19. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I think that a very creative and well done multiplayer ranking system has the potential to make AMS2 multiplayer much more populated. But it has to be something really inovative.

I agree. Formula cars, especially, they float too much, in my opinion. I'd like them to be more planted and predictable.

20. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

There are many Copa (Cup) cars and series in AMS, must be more specific :D

• Agree Agree x 1