1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I know one or two of them and probably don't have the right language to explain so I will let @Karsten Hvidberg help you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

This is absolutely true for me! :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hi Alegunner,

Sorry for the late response, have been travelling.

"center_pull" is how fast the front wheels align to straight when driving. I don't think changing it will do anything meaningful, so I should prob. just remove it.

"momentum_resistance" is how much resistance there is from the front tires/road for the driver to turn the wheel at speed. This can be felt in any vehicle, low or high down force, so if driving strictly low down force, you might like it higher than the default setting.
    I like it both at the default of 1.7, but also higher, like 2.0 or even above.

"slope_features_scale" is the scale for another kind of road features than those the silver raw files normally read out. Basically it uses the angle between the loads on the front tires instead of just adding up the loads. So it gives a slightly different kind of feeling & combined with the "old" way adds up to more feedback in both number & variation.

I hope this helps.

Just posted a new version 5.4 in post #2, btw.
    Feel free to message me feedback if you find anything good/bad or some adjustments are required.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Karsten Hvidberg

Deleted

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Karsten Hvidberg

Posted version 5.5 of the full one now.
    Adjusted it some. I just am not at Santos or Shadak's level for the tunings.
    I think the files that @F.Santos posted a cpl pages back both feel at least as good overall. Better in some ways, maybe in every way :)
    Will post those in post #2 as well later today.

Cheers

• Like Like x 3
  6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm sure @F.Santos will provide some update info re. that ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. F.Santos

Yeah I changed minimum things nothing major which I already sent to @Karsten Hvidberg, I think he might be posting a new file very soon. Otherwise, I'll give my two cents soon.

• Like Like x 2
  8. F.Santos

If it is at all possible this file is the ultimate file compared to what I was previously on.
    A few adjustments made by @Karsten Hvidberg and again with feedback from @Shadak and Myself.

This file is available already through Karstens original post I think in page 2 or post 2, and here just for the sake of "What's the latest Custom file for AMS2 V1.0".

It improved, in my opinion, the feeling from car to car, balance/weight transfer and other much needed minor adjustments, such as the driving off the pit box feel and onto to the track. Trying is believing! go for it and have fun!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  9. F.Santos

Just read your msg, had the same problem whilst testing one of the earlier files, can't remember which one but it seems to be fixed in this 5.8. I did bring that up to Karsten's attention and this update seems to be working fine, tested for two days now, so far so good.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried the "Full Silver Raw 5.8 - Momentum Rack 3.0" and I agree that it has improved even more the sensations during the weight transfer and as a general balance, also I find it softer and less dry in the effects ... I had a lot of fun with the Stockcar 2020 ... I still haven't tried other machines but I was pleasantly surprised, now counter steer is more natural ... on my G920 I only changed the recommended parameters from 85-20-50 to 90-30-60 (but I think it is subjective not informative) ... thanks a lot guys!!! :) ;) :) ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using the 5.0 / 3.8 (modified slightly for my G920) and I really like the lack of tank slap that has almost always plagued this wheel in most SIM's. With these Custom FFB types, we can actually feel all those bumps that we have been "seeing" in game, and IMO it seems like the SIM has a bit too much vertical movement. Many complained early on about so much movement, and now it's very evident that it's too much. Adjusted FFB can match the visuals, and this may or may not be realistic, but it's certainly more than most other SIM's. Hope future updates can tone this down a bit.

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. TomP

TomP Active Member

After a week of testing/experimenting with the "compressor" function, I finally managed to do something that works quite well on my G29:

Code:
    (rack_f rack)

# force up to ~1.4
    (clip0 (hard_clip rack_f 0.925))
    (compress0 (compressor rack (* 0.87) (* 4.0) (* 0.07) (* 0.05)))
    (rack ( if (- 0.925 (abs clip0)) rack compress0))

# force up to ~2.8-3.0
    (clip1 (hard_clip rack_f 1.4))
    (compress1 (compressor rack (* 0.87) (* 2.55) (* 0.03) (* 0.07)))
    (rack ( if (- 1.4 (abs clip1)) rack compress1))

(output rack)

Two-step force compression resulting in minimal to no clipping. Finally I can enjoy driving without having to change GAIN from car to car (my current setting are 100/5/75).

For cars like F-Reiza/Ultimate (I rarely drive them) compress1 ratio needs to be higher. Around 3 will be fine I guess.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  13. Peter Stefani

Experimented with 5.9 / 3.0 today with a large variety of cars and with the FX slider I was able to get whatever I wanted on my G920, and never saw any clipping. Nice work on that revision!

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  14. TomP

TomP Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The 5.9 Momentum 3.0 is even better than the 5.8 ... no clipping with the G920 so far and with Gain 100 LFB 30 FX 70 values ... same positive impressions as the 5.8 but with the 5.9 it seems even clearer what you feel. .. the center remains full ... the effects are very present and the same are neither too soft, nor too dry ... the counter steering rest and is manageable ... and you can guess the grip point of the tire ... great guys ... always better!!!!! ;);););)

This weekend I want to test all the cars on many tracks and confirm my feelings ... please don't update anything for 2 days :p:p:p:p ... every day a surprise to test!!! :):):):)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Peter Stefani

5.9 makes it easier to catch a slide. I slightly adjusted the exaggerate front end up to 0.5 for just a bit more front end info. Agree with the above, feels as good as any other SIM at this point. I've gone through 11 cars so far with 5.9 / 3.0. You can really start to feel which cars are or are not optimized yet.
    Excellent work to all involved!
    EDIT: Actually went back to AC and tweaked it to be a little more like AMS2. Tha's saying something.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  17. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Curious, how/what settings did you tweak in AC to be like AMS2?

18. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

Well, I must say that the 5.9 Momentum 3.0 is the best AMS2 custom FFB file I have ever tested so far with my Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer. I've tested this file with Caterham 620R, Formula V12 and Stock Car 2020 (Corolla V8) and the FFB feels excellent in all of them. It feels so natural to drive these cars in AMS2 with the 5.9 Momentum 3.0. The effects work great as the balance is just right, the wheel never feels numb. It's easy to feel what the car is doing and it certainly does make catching a slide easier than with any other custom FFB file I've tried so far.

These are the FFB settings I use in-game with the 5.9 Momentum 3.0. I'm on Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer Ferrari 488 Challenge Edition:

Gain: 85
    LFB: 25
    FX: 65

And these are the settings I use in Thrustmaster Control Panel:

Wheel rotation: 540ยบ
    Master Gain: 100% (everything else are on their default settings in Thrustmaster Control Panel)

The 5.9 Momentum 3.0 is so good that it definitely helped me today to set a current world record in Brands Hatch GP / Formula V12. Very satisfying to see results like this and also it shows that the Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer truly is an excellent wheel to use in AMS2.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  19. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just had the pull right bug at Imola in the puma gte using v5.9:(

20. F.Santos

Damn man, is that Karstens v5.9?