Problems with AMS1

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by rfactor-canarias, Jul 18, 2020.

1. rfactor-canarias

rfactor-canarias RFC Discord: https://discord.gg/s2sJZmQ

Good...

I have contacted other sim communities that have been running online with AMS since 2016, and they have told me that they are having the same problem as us.

The problem is the following:

We have been slow for several weeks with the multiplayer tab, even very slow when changing the session within the servers ... Even small failures that in the past did not occur.

We are several communities with championships currently with AMS1 and we need a solution to this serious problem as soon as possible.

To what is due?

Why is this happening lately?

Please we want a solution now, because we are having complaints from the pilots ...

Regards

2. rfactor-canarias

Hi.
    Reiza Studios is starting to disappoint me, because I feel ignored. I have purchased your products from the first sim, and I have the right to be answered ... I also speak on behalf of many pilots ...
    I hope the answer does not take much longer, thanks

3. rfactor-canarias

And history repeats itself in Automobilista 1. Why?...
    Good...

I have contacted other sim communities that have been running online with AMS since 2016, and they have told me that they are having the same problem as us.

The problem is the following:

We have been slow for several weeks with the multiplayer tab, even very slow when changing the session within the servers ... Even small failures that in the past did not occur.

We are several communities with championships currently with AMS1 and we need a solution to this serious problem as soon as possible.

To what is due?

Why is this happening lately?

Please we want a solution now, because we are having complaints from the pilots ...

Regards

4. Retrolux

Retrolux Member AMS2 Club Member

I can recommend to use the free service from JustRace to set up your AMS server.

For the users it offers a direct weblink that will instantly connect to your server (bypasses the multiplayer tab). This makes is very easy to manage your championships and your users will have an easy time to use it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. rfactor-canarias

Hello...
    I repeat again that for months we have been having problems with AMS 1, and we are receiving messages from AMS 1 pilots, who are very upset with what is happening. Some of us have spent a lot of money on Reiza, and therefore we have the right to have the mishap resolved as soon as possible.
    Gentlemen of Reiza, we want a solution now with AMS 1. We are within our rights to claim...
    Please a solution now.
    Bye Bye
    Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

6. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Someone offered you a sollution and you disliked their post without any reason or comment.

Probably not the best way to get help around here. Or any place for that matter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. rfactor-canarias

Hello...
    Kevin, of course that's not the solution.
    We have bought the game, and as such it has to work as it has always worked, it is that simple.
    The following comment that "Alan Santo" announced, is really what is happening, I quote verbatim:
    "Indeed, some of sim communities I know in Brazil are struggling with synchronize issues from the server whenever the sessions are changed. Also, it's not uncommon to see any of players getting disconnections during this process. This has been happening for a couple of months already. Moreover, for the last couple of weeks, situation got worse. When server advances to race, it happens that during the countdown you enter the track and can't see any other cars around, controls are unresponsive and then, after 30s or so, countdown resets to 59 and then it gets normal.

Although it's an old sim and finished on development cycle, it doesn't deserve not being cared after, given it's legacy and the fact it's still being sold, which means there must be a responsibility in providing a decent service for what people paid for.

Of course I understand restrictions regarding team allocation and that Reiza team will be tight on free capacity, however, in this industry a prod incident must be addressed asap regardless of being the flagship or legacy product.

Hopefully we'll be heard
    "

And therefore the one who has to solve the problem is Reiza. Since the game in multiplayer, it is not working as it should.
    I have always defended all of Reiza's work, but these failures or errors are what make users stop competing or abandon a product from a certain company...

We deserve to be treated should, as we are the customers who buy your products.
    Bye Bye

Automobilista bug report thread (Please read the opening post)

8. Retrolux

Retrolux Member AMS2 Club Member

I hope you are aware that you can host your Server independently and play ams1 in the years to come with the dedicated server? You dont need to even go over the server lobby. You just need the IP of you server and thats it.

But as you did not even cares about the tip i gave you that would solve the issues you menioned, i will leave you on your own. Good luck.

Ps. Dont expect reiza to fix anything on a game that is long out of development and already has an successor.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jbfan

jbfan New Member

When you purchase a vehicle and the warranty expires, do you demand the factory to repair a part failure or change the oil simply because you "spent a lot of money" on said vehicle? No, you pay more for the required service or find an alternative. (Perhaps like the solution Retrolux offered you)
    As Retrolux stated, don't expect Reiza to fix anything on a game/platform that already has an established successor. You've got what you got. They owe you nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. rfactor-canarias

Hello...
    Don't compare bacon to speed.
    How old are you rFactor1? Very true, because it continues to work perfectly online, the same happens with other Sims that are already quite a few years old.
    And yes, sir, I have bought a product, and therefore it has to work online like the first day, like the other Sims.
    And regarding the successor, it is something that is not relevant to the case and has nothing to do with what we are dealing with here. And me and many other colleagues, we opted for AMS 1, since it is a great simulator. (For us the simulation is more important than the graphics), therefore we are not interested in AMS 2.

Ams1 you still have it for sale, and therefore the product has to work like the first day. And neither do I have to be entering the server through an IP and port. The server has to be seen in the Steam List, and that the server can be entered without slowness.
    Because there were no problems a few months ago, and now there are problems and slowness? It is more than clear what the answer is and who has to solve it.
    We have the right to see the servers in a list on steam and from within the game itself, to choose the server that interests me the most. And I don't have to be finding out what the IP is etc etc.
    And to finish, comment that a year or so ago, the same thing happened with AMS1, and after several protests from several users in this forum, reiza responded and solved it. Why not do the same now? It seems that you don't want the pilots to continue racing in AMS1.

Greetings and goodbye laugh

11. jbfan

jbfan New Member

All the best to you on your quest for perfection.

• Funny Funny x 1