1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Discussions, Questions & Feedback

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Mario Moretti

Mario Moretti Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for suggestion. Ill try motion reprojection on an trilinear.. msaa on high for me is essential... i let you know the result

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

When using "Motion Smoothing" (SteamVR), I'm getting image distortion (Front of car / tires, front wing, hood, etc. Without this setting enabled, I experience slow frames during corners (moderate graphic settings).

Anyone know of a possible solution?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to clarify, I'm running Windows mixed reality for steam beta, and steamvr reprojection set to global settings for ams2, then reprojection kicks in under 90fps. You mentioned juddering so it sounds like it wasn't kicking in.

4. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I get this with wmr reprojection too, think it's something we have to put up with.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Oliver Augst

Oliver Augst New Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see a cinematic cam in VR. the tv mode is just too far away and no feeling comes across ......
    please do something

• Like Like x 1
  6. Diego Souza 41

Diego Souza 41 New Member

I have no idea why, but my vr experience is immensely superior in ams2 compared to all other sims, even in pc2 that I have tried to copy the config files from ams2 I can't get such good quality.

My rig is
    Rtx 2060
    Ryzen 2400g (waiting for a 3600x)
    Nvme
    16gb ram

Does anyone else experiences the same difference between ams2 and pcars?

7. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

I love this game so much but the shadows in VR are appalling, When you try any bright daylight on Hockenheim it's a total mess driving through the forest section. Hope some sort of fix comes to sort out the jaggies in the future.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

what are your settings?

9. Mike Evans

Mike Evans Member

Everything on highest settings. Nvidia settings on highest quality for everything. Using Rift-s and 1.4 SS. Early morning races and cloudy races look great, any lighting that causes trees shadows across the track looks awful.

• Like Like x 1
  10. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Yeah, I would agree with this. Rift-s here too, high graphics settings and 1.4 SS. The shadows are kind of 'chunky and pixilated' . Would be nice to see them softer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

what are your settings atm? do you use afterburners too? thanks!

12. Gagaryn

Assuming highest means you are running 16 AA? Try Trilinear instead - it may smooth things out. MSAA on high is essential but you've already worked that out. What is your system (useful to add this to your sig like most users do) and how are you finding the performance with everything maxed?

13. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Is MSAA on high that essential, if you're also running 1.4 SS?
    I run low MSAA and trilinear filtering.

14. Gagaryn

Try it for yourself. I find MSAA improves the image quality much more than SS. (BTW - I run both but if I only had headroom for one I'd run MSAA high with SS 1.0)

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. jpmmuc

jpmmuc Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Set the shadows lower then they are more blurred/softer and you get some headroom back.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Gagaryn

Another thought is with everything on ultra you are probably reprojecting - that will have an impact on shadow smoothness. I can't maintain frame rate with everything on the highest setting - I have shadows and refections down one click to high, grass and particle levels and density all down at medium. Anything higher and my frame rate suffers.

• Like Like x 1
  17. lensman45

lensman45 Member

Cheers for the suggestions. For reference my in-game settings are : Aniso 2x - MSAA Medium - Reflections High - Enviro Ultra - Car detail High - Track detail Ultra - Shadows Ultra - Mirror Low - Grass Low - Particles Medium
    Super sampling at 1.2 via Oculus tray tool.
    Hockenheim long straight with all those tree shadows, first lap with 17 cars my fps is pegged at 80.
    To be honest the shadows haven't bothered me that much 'cos most of my favourite tracks don't have many trees near the road. It's just Hockenheim that is screwing with my eyes :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pedro Ferreira

Pedro Ferreira New Member

Just both a second hand HP reverb G1, coming from an Lenovo 1440p, is like night and day.
    I´m really astonishing. No need any form of super-sampling, just MSAA High, and the image is crisp as my 27" 1440p monitor, in my eyes (51 years old). The colors and resolution, are the thing that really changes everything with this Headset!

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Josh Naipaul

Josh Naipaul New Member

I've got an Oculus CV1 with an RTX 2070 Super, whats the best setting for this setup?

20. Pedro Ferreira

Pedro Ferreira New Member

For oculus CV1, MSAA High, and SS at 1.4 or 1.5, car ultra or high, everything in low