1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.1.0 & Hockenheimring Pack RELEASED - Now updated to v1.0.1.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 24, 2020.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

It is......but even Tilke Drome's need some love :rolleyes:

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thinking of Istanbul and Bilsterberg i agree. Also they left the Motodrom at Hockenheim intact :-> :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

It won't last very long.....but there it is. All the hopes and dreams of a Sim racer :whistle:

Leaderboard.jpg

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Honda - "Power of Dreams" :D

"One does not simply beats a Judd V10 with a Honda Turbo".jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update. Hockenheim is fantastic, driving on the classic versions through all that German forest gave me anticipatory shivers for any AMS2 Nordschleife... Also, loving the massively improved AI in Lap 1.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who is impressed with the very solid foundations of AMS2, but if given the choice between more content and fixes to the various major and minor flaws and shortcomings in the audio/UI/penalties/etc, would take the latter at this stage.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know if it is the new AI code but I started a race on the 1977 track using the P3 class and the start line pile up was like in Spa 1998.
    Hope they prioritise doing something about the pit menu, as many others have said it is just to difficult to manage during a race.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fabio Aragão

Fabio Aragão Member AMS2 Club Member

very little content

• Dislike Dislike x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Are you referring to the contents of your skull?
    Surely not AMS2!

• Funny Funny x 17
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. martsum

martsum New Member AMS2 Club Member

Track doesn't show up for me

10. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I completely agree. I acknowledge the improvements in this build but I'm disappointed some of the glaring issues haven't been fixed. Eg. still the last car you drive elsewhere is selected for championship mode. I would have thought this would be such an easy fix.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. David Wright

David Wright Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I must admit I hadn't realized that AMS2 was English only. This should help boost popularity, especially in Brazil, a key market.

12. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

This is only one of several aknowledged problems with champ mode and many of them will already be addressed in the next update in 2 weeks time.

While there is some overlap in some areas of development (ex the person leading champ mode development is also the lead UI&HUD developer and champ mode turning out to be a time hog eating into his schedule for the latter) by and large new content is not produced by people working in other key areas of the game, which we agree is just as if not more important.

It’s also worh pointing out that not every development can be delivered within a couple of weeks, so just because you haven’t seen developments in a certain area for one or two updates, it does not mean it’s not being worked on :) In fact many of the more substantial core features can take months to come together.

Likewise, seeing a ton of content roll out over the next couple of months should not be seen to mean we put extra hours on content - a lot of the new cars will have been worked on for several months now and have only been held up from release by licensing requirements.

Just for the sake of some added perspective, the original Beta release was less than 5 months ago; EA release was less than 4, and v1.0 less than 1. It may seem like a lifetime when you are waiting (specially during a pandemic), but it really isnt all that much from a development POV :)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 48
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for your response Renato. Your communication really is to be commended.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Fern4n

Fern4n New Member

Hello, considering that it is risky to make a criticism, you can only say that this is the millennium simulator, it is the best hovercraft simulator, and the best freight train simulator, we do not need tires, only suspensions and weight, am2 It is perfect for rally and for boat racing. It has good things, and others that are not good, but I don't think it helps to say that it is wonderful.

• Dislike x 13
    • Disagree x 6
    • Funny x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Creative x 2
  15. gb04

gb04 New Member

Noticed the Firestone logo on the billboard in the trailer. Maybe a sign of some IndyCars in the coming packs? (Still hoping to see some oval stuff in that USA DLC)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

You guys deserve huge kudos on your development! I have no idea how many devs you are, but you are providing incremental developments while adding content and fixing issues. It's really well done and with so few major crash bugs.
    Thank you to all of you for your efforts. It really is hard to know from the outside how taxing game development is, specially around deadlines. I would expect this to be no different for you than anywhere else and at the same time this is a niche genre, no huge $$$ to be easy had.
    Really thanks for trying this hard! Crossed fingers you can keep it up and achieve an increasingly incredible simulation for a long time!

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 3
  17. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you for all the Hockenheim configs, especially the old ones with the long straights. I just tried them today and they are all great. However I don't know if it is just me but a) I find the first long straight quite wide and b) also I think there could be more trees/higher trees/darker trees along the straights. But that's just a subjective point of view of course. Apart from that great work!

18. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I love the old versions of Hockenheim. It was such a unique track.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

Are you, by any chance, a Simracing Bonanza Backer and got your AMS2 key because of that? For me it doesn't show up either, because I don't have it in my Steam account (yet). My guess would be that could be the cause.

EDIT: Silly me, just saw that others were reporting the same issue. Weird.

20. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

Great work Reiza, amazing the amount of details around the track.

Just a question, it is a laser scan track?

I have noticed the pretty much all openwheeler cars have to much bump especially at straigh. Also noticed that this not happen in Touring cars, like super v8, opalas, ginnetta etc.

Beside that, the game its looking great.