1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.1.0 & Hockenheimring Pack RELEASED - Now updated to v1.0.1.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 24, 2020.

1. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sprint race has been nerfed twice since leaderboard reset. Just before the second time, I started to learn Curitiba in it. Put a small amount of time into it and set a time.
    Then 1.0.3 happened and I spent almost a week learning the track properly but couldn't beat my own initial lap time Same setup and driver, less grip.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi

No no. And Im absolutely not suggesting you did.:)
    But my lil history does only show that when I was presented by a kind of semi alien laptime then my explanation was that something must be wrong.
    Hehe because such a laptime could not be fair.:D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi guys, when are we going to have a significant update over StockCar 2020 ?, you watch the race on TV, gather your friends to play and the game doesn't last more than 5 minutes and everyone hangs up. It is not a criticism by criticism, but it is a car that many want to play and simply has an unpredictable behavior, some with more abilities play a little more, but most abandon it and go to another game, this happens directly, every update is a hope, which in 5 minutes becomes disappointment, in other areas of the game it has had very good advances, but the car and the main category for the Brazilians is not fun, not even in simple races with friends, imagine making a championship, it is totally unviable, I hope there will be some planning for changes to this Stock that in other parts are wonderful, sound, car modeling, but the main thing is that the driving is very disappointing, it does not amuse, I hope this is not exactly what the Stock 2020 will be in the game , if it is, it will be a great missed opportunity.

4. Ricardokil

Hi guys, when are we going to have a significant update over StockCar 2020 ?, you watch the race on TV, gather your friends to play and the game doesn't last more than 5 minutes and everyone hangs up. It is not a criticism by criticism, but it is a car that many want to play and simply has an unpredictable behavior, some with more abilities play a little more, but most abandon it and go to another game, this happens directly, every update is a hope, which in 5 minutes becomes disappointment, in other areas of the game it has had very good advances, but the car and the main category for the Brazilians is not fun, not even in simple races with friends, imagine making a championship, it is totally unviable, I hope there will be some planning for changes to this Stock that in other parts are wonderful, sound, car modeling, but the main thing is that the driving is very disappointing, it does not amuse, I hope this is not exactly what the Stock 2020 will be in the game , if it is, it will be a great missed opportunity.

5. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I just don't get that at all and find the car very predictable because of the FFB. Sure it's not the easiest car to drive, I'd place it somewhere between the previous generation Stock Car and the Super V8s in terms of difficulty. I also watched the first two races of the new season and hopped straight on to do the same race in-game and found it to be excellent.
    Watching them IRL on Goiania and also some of the other pre-season onboards further compounded my impression that they're a fairly accurate representation. All those micro corrections when on power and under heavy braking to hold it in line is very much like it's virtual version. Achievable lap times during the race were also spot on in comparison.
    If you can't feel what this car is doing then I suggest you revisit your FFB configuration because I have no issue with it whatsoever and is one of my favourites so far.
    This of course is just my opinion but I don't agree with the unpredictability, difficult yes, unpredictable no.

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

I drive the Stock Car a lot and yes, it is one of the more difficult cars in AMS2 to drive special with the default setup. What has made a big difference for me was changing the setup using some tips that were posted here:
    What's up with the Stock Car (diff)? (Post #25)
    There also is a guy on the Leaderboards with the name "Piquet" who has made a really good setup for the Stock Car. I would like to encourage you to try some of the tips and I bet you will be surprised.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Ricardokil

Of course everyone has the right to have their opinions, but for me and for a lot of people it is clear the unpredictability of this car, the difference that many do not support here, because everything that is said to be contrary to the game, comes a legion of people to defend, and unfortunately those who agree do not support it, look at Micropitt's post go to the link and see how many people claim the car's unpredictability, in the two races yesterday, I didn't see any cars walking sideways, or turning sideways on the brakes, there was only one round because of the dirt, in this aspect I think we saw different races, my criticisms and questions are not meant to denigrate the game’s image or diminish it, but on the contrary, I want to see the main category of the game with the same quality AMS1, if I'm wrong, why all the stock car championships that I see in AV are using AMS1 Stock, I make it clear that I respect the opinion of everyone here, they can give me a break and everything, I don't care, I'm not here just to praise, ness and a specific point brought this questioning, because many who do not enter forums asked me to question it, I guarantee that it’s not just me who think this way, I guarantee that if Stock 2020 was more manageable, sales here in Brazil would mainly give a boost, because of the 40 participants from our AV group who bought the game, not even 10 are using AMS2, are all on AMS1.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Also enjoying the Stock Car 2020 a lot (tested in its default setup). It's a very challenging car that does not allow any mistake and a lot of concentration. It reminds me of the Porsche Cup in rF2, also one of the trickiest car in that sim. These cars are the opposite of a GT3 on rail. I can understand why some people would not like it as it is super difficult to be consistent with it. Maybe a default setup making the car a bit more stable on corner exit would help. I think the FFB with this car is very good and give plenty of information.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

I'm certainly not trying to defend the game but merely giving my opinion on how I feel the Stock Car performs and feels via FFB. I must say that I don't have an issue with these cars going sideways and I've only been using the default setups and adjusting fuel.
    What we need is someone like Rubens Barrichello to do a review and put everyone's mind at rest, one way or another :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

I agree with you, I'm only driving AMS2 and if I have to make a constructive critic I do. I'm creating content shared with everybody, thats means I want the best for AMS2. I try to give as technical feedback as I can, but sometimes I think that some people preffer to hide the problems instead to deal with them. For me AMS2 have a great potential, but its far to be good for racing now. Cars are unpredictable, could be fun for very short races, but that behaviour is something really bad to have long races. I have hopes that it will be all sorted out with time, but I'm getting tired to have to read some indefensible comments.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Useful x 1
  11. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

For clarity of the non brazilian speakers: AV = Automobilismo Virtual = Virtual Racing for those wondering.

I highly doubt that the Stock being more or less driveable would impact the sales that much. What is hurting sales is price and the current unpolishness of the overall AMS2 experience.

Also, during this weekend races the drivers were often asked about how the car handles and all of them said it is much more nervous/unstable than the previous version. There were cars spinning around and leaving the track, not sure the especific reasons behind them though.

I'm very bad skilled driver and very uneducated on motorsports in general, but from my POV the Stock 2020 seem to be the most on point car in AMS2 so far.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Ricardokil

thanks for the posts, it gave me a light to move, what I would like to make clear is that I do not criticize or question for wanting to harm the game, just the opposite, I want the game to be successful, another thing is that I need help from players so that I can make the car less unpredictable, because Reiza doesn’t have a guide or anything, do I need to become a real driver for me to play AMS2? I work, have children, I don't have so much time to dedicate to learning something so complex, and when you question that there should be an aggressive setup and insurance so that all players can enjoy the game, there is always someone who says that there is nothing wrong that he has no difficulty, so why not pass the knowledge on to others? or is it a showcase so you can show up to say it’s as good as most? the purpose of a forum is not to answer questions, praise and criticize something that may be wrong, point out something that can improve, it is to share knowledge, is not that the intention? what helps to come in here and say that everything is good, when everything is good for one? what attitude is that? Reiza doesn’t sell the game to half a dozen people, and if you don’t see a problem, just read and skip the post, if you have something to add that will help people then pass this knowledge on to others, I enter here because I believe in the guys from Reiza, I think that everything I put here, people read, even though most people don’t answer, but there are many people who just point out something negative, it seems that you offend the person, they have to say that everything is right and that you are wrong , what benefit will this bring to the evolution of the game? if you know something that makes things better, write to share what you know, and not to question just to upset others, a lot of things I don’t agree with here, and I don’t even question anyone, if I have something to add I answer and that's it , if I don't skip to the next one, this is my point of view.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

One more tip I would like to offer you. There are 2 Stock Car classes in AMS2, the 2019 series (with only the Chevy) and then the 2020 series (Chevy & Toyota). I don't know if you have tried it but the 2019 series is much more stable and easier to drive than the 2020 series. That is because there were some significant changes with the cars from 2019 to 2020. Try to start out with the 2019 car and after a while when you got used to it switch to the 2020 car.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ricardokil

I will disagree from the point of view of the more pleasant direction of the Stock2020, more than 80% of the people who ask about the Stockcar 2020 here in Brazil, it is logical that the AMS2 has many good cars, but always the first car to be questioned is the StockCar , before 2019, now with the launch of 2020 the vast majority ask about it, and unfortunately when impressions pass people tend to say they will wait longer to buy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@Ricardokil I don't want to sound harsh but keep in mind that saying: the others are defending the game while there is a problem and for them you aren't allowed to say that...sounds more like: you should shut up since I am criticizing and I am right and you guys don't understand that...

Sadly for all the parts involved no one here is a Stock 2020 driver so no one can give a real feedback and keep in mind our experiences can vary a lot due to different skills, hardware, etc so I invite everyone to post about "potential" issues without putting on the table themes like "being allowed to post about something or not due to fanboys".

Everyone here is entitled to report about issues and how reproduce them, all the other posts, no matter if appreciation or disapproval ones, are allowed too but always remember to put a big IMO at the end of every post to avoid 5+ posts about the same topic with people fighting for their ideas, since those really don't help the devs (even this one!).

Devs appreciate feedback, but discussions aren't helping anyone...

Hope makes sense!

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I understand what you mean, after all this is the main motorsport series here, and unfortunately for me (I prefer a lot more the formulas) it is one of the most used cars in brazilian virtual leagues.

However, what if the Stock 2020 in real life drives just like (or very similarly to) the AMS 2 version? Nervous and unstable, as the real pros mentioned after last weekend races. AMS 2 is meant to be a simulator, so if the car behaves that way, then that is how it is supposed to be, right?

I'm not saying AMS 2 Stock Car 2020 is right or wrong, I've not enough knowledge to judge that and I never had the chance to drive one. Criticism is definitely welcome though, and both sides should work together to make the sim better.

I suppose Reiza has contacts with some of the real Stock drivers to get their feedback on how the cars should behave.

Bora Rubinho, mais pra frente podia fazer uns vídeos aí sobre tuas impressões sobre o jogo! Ia ajudar bastante a esclarecer esse tipo de situação pra nós, meros mortais.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Brainbug

Brainbug Inside Virtual Reality AMS2 Club Member

In relation to this:
    In VR and UltraWide-screen desktop-res everything exept ingame is „squeezed“.
    Its fine in VR when i set 16:9 res desktop.
    I experience this since begining

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've not been driving a lot this specific model of car, only for a few laps and did not find it unpredictable. Difficult to contain yes, because no driver aids, but not unpredictable. I drive a lot formulas, Ultima and prototypes and AMS2 is the sim where I can be to more consistent and hammer lap after lap with the same times. I would say that unlike ACC (where you get given the optimal setup from the developer) or iracing where the setup is almost irrelevant to the car behavior here there is a lot to gain in personalizing it to your taste. I mean: I made Formula Classic Gen3 Model 1 almost neutral by tweaking the set-up...
    Especially tires pressure, bump stoppers and differential settings are able to really change the car's behavior. Maybe that is where your eyes should go to enjoy the car more...

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Automobilista 2 v1.0.1.2 is now up - this is another complementary update to the latest release & a hotfix for CTD issues saving and loading setups. It also brings some further developments to new AI logic on first lap & track limit penalty systems, both of which are still ongoing developments to receive further improvements in time for the next update.

V1.0.1.2 CHANGELOG:
    • Fixed CTD when saving / loading car setups
    • Fixed in-game session lengths block displaying wrong values in multiplayer
    • Further adjustments to AI behaviour over first lap (ongoing development)
    • Further revisions of penalty system & detection of cars to be ignored when going off track (ongoing development)
    • Fixed position 6 selecting position 5 on instant replay leaderboard
    • Fixed load to frontend placeholder background image
    • Fixed text in vehicle selection screen displaying in some wrong situations
    • Fixed & corrected StockCar 2020 thumbnails
    • Fixed error in Stock Corolla causing a blank red car to load
    • Fixed error in one of the new AI personalities causing some drivers to coast to a halt
    • Further adjustments to ARC Camaro, Truck, Stock Car onboard cameras
    • Slightly reduced kart scrub radius
    • Further minor adjustments to tyre sidewalls & load damping
    • Minor adjustments to Stock Car 2020 aero
    • Slightly reduced AI Aggression multipliers for all cars
    • Slightly reduced grass, gravel bump amplitude for less bouncing when going off-track
    • Hockenheim: Adjusted AI pace in T2, T6 and T8 @ Hockenheim Modern; Adjusted AI pace @ final corner in 77/88 layoutsAdd some pit in/out line cones to 88/01 versions
    • Londrina: fixed broken pit exit/entry merge to main path.
    • Fixed some errors & removed helicopter cams from Goainia, Curitiba, Guapore TV cameras
    • Corrected Stock Car 2019 driver model animations
    • Stock Car 2020: Piquet Jr livery update with Extreme SimRacing logo
    • Stock Car 2019 - Collision mesh correction
    • ARC Camaro - Fixed cockpit mirrors
    • Camaro SS Added wiper animations and cockpit vibrations

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 18
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, you guys dont stop! I can't keep up! Nice one, now about to have a look as ive been extensively testing Hockenhiem and have noticed the A.I. slow down in these corners. Thankyou very much!