1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.1.0 & Hockenheimring Pack RELEASED - Now updated to v1.0.1.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 24, 2020.

1. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I probably repeat myself, but for community spirit, i can tell you, the setup is fine.^^
    Make the setup more stable and it will show other problems. It's driving habit, what makes this car undriveable and it gets more worse, the longer you overdrive it. Brake earlier as with the SC2019, apply throttle slow and gradually, do not pin it right away, work with your steering and keep it in a very slight 4 wheel slide.

This car punishes bad habits. I felt it in every corner in races i did (i have some really bad habits on throttle application for example, also a Porsche Cup always tests me...). It's not the setup.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Agreed. Probably the best advice considering everybody has a different skill level.

3. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

thanks for the answer Renato, is what I always asked for here, a more friendly configuration, nobody does engineering, before doing high school, as nobody is a judge before doing it right, you need to have something more inclusive to start and with time you to make progress, I am also aware and I already said this here that there were only a few tests and a stage of stock 2020 for Studio to do something 100% perfect, of course there will be many adjustments, the game does not only have StockCar, but what bothers is a singular behavior of (me) in this forum, if it is good for me, it is good for everyone, this is very bad. [/QUOTE]

4. CrimsonEminence

I even think faster guys even will have some tiny bit more problems with it, i could imagine, because it becomes very nervous closer to the limit and when choosing to brake later, it says nooope and it let you run wide. :D

When it is in "working range" it feels, like walking...with the own legs. Not kidding, it can be highly intuitive. But it's also very unrewarding, if you are already tired and not concentrated.

An example for why setup is not the magical solution: Higher power ramp angle will make it more tame for example but also makes it a good chunk slower out of corners, so then it punishes you with less pace instead of a spin. (And you keep wondering, why it's not possible to keep up) After all this class helps improving driving abilities, iMO. :)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Or.....we just send a message to @rubarrichello and ask for some setup tips. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't mind...... :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. CrimsonEminence

Maybe he would be more of the guy, that can teach to use the brake foot properly, i would think. :whistle:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

My 2c:
    Most people ask for realism, and it's realistic that some cars are going to be harder to drive than others. It's a sim, not a game.
    As long as the majority of cars are accessible for a wide audience, then I think it's ok to have some that are very challenging if this is how they are in real life.
    They should be seen as a training tool for drivers to improve their craft.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Conserning this then there is an interview with Nigel Mansell from a few years back at a game/computer fair after he has shown some gamers how to drive a racing sim :p - where he says that if real racing cars had been that difficult to drive when he was active then both he and most of his F1 colleagues would have been killed.;)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Avoletta1977

Avoletta1977 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I’ve criticized since the beginning the excessive longitudinal grip of most of the tires but probably now in some cars we are on the opposite side of the spectrum.

Frankly speaking I find quite unnatural for the old stock to have massive spinning in straight line starting from standstill in third gear...

The same stands for the Ultima road, spinning up to 180km/h at the slightest lateral movement (but this car has always been a mess...).

10. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

@Ricardokil please read my post again.
    I am not saying you are wrong and the others are correct (I don't stand for a side or another) and my posts about the current status of the game are overall more harsh than yours.

I was just pointing the fact that you are free to express your opinion and there is no need to say the others are against you because you aren't praising the car/game.

In my opinion they were just giving their opinion as you and sometimes trying to help you (some posted how to fix default setup as example) but I didn't see them trying to stop you from thinking something isn't ok with the car, we are just discussing as happens in every community.

Same as me, I never said you are wrong or the game is perfect, just pointing you are moaning not being free to say the car is broken just because someone else doesn't agree with you (in a civil and polite manner) while actually this isn't true and you are free to do that!

Please read again my post with open mind (and don't forget I am not Eng native like you) and you will notice that.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

[QUOTE="I do try.. But in between running production, running the business, developing physics and AI it´s often hard to find the time to engage more on the forums. I´ll keep trying ;)[/QUOTE]

Hi there Renato!

I have to say it is amazing what you guys are doing and your communication on these boards is so dedicated. Id like to say thankyou! You have just released one of my favorite ever tracks and given it to me for free because I bought in in early access, you've made most of my weekend (busy with musical commitments on Sunday), im so happy with the track I decided to start making a video about the history of the track and of course the new updates to the sim, I did'nt get it finished till tonight, and im very glad of that because 6 minutes before I started recording the main footage a notice from steam popped up about this new update, i could'nt believe it! Another one!
    Over the weekend I did experience some strange A.I. behaviour whilst practicing for this video, yet recording the footage today was honestly just after the update, so I was'nt sure what to expect, and man was i happy when I got to the first corner!

The improvement is amazing, Bravo!

So for you and anyone wondering what its like now, here's some footage of the 1977 layout and the 2002 layout, a bit of history and a nod to the ledgends who raced there.

My equipment is pretty poor (im running on a potato, my sound gear is dying and I aint got no dosh to update) so im sorry about the sound and res, but if you can put up with that, it shows off the big leap forward in A.I. and there's a little bit on the end you might find interesting!

Cheers again for all you're hard work, this sim does nothing but get better, and i can't wait for the 90's touring cars im sure I heard about.

Nice one Reiza!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Oi mate, you've got talent! The low quality sound kind of matched well with the old school F1, vintage combo haha

13. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Haha! Who'd of thought rubbish equipment would actually help! Guess its like crackle on an old L.P. Cheers mate, much appreciated!

14. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

Thanks for the updates! AI better now.....Regarding the Stock Car 2020's....I must have no idea because I've enjoyed them from Day 1.....not easy to drive, but thats the fun part.

15. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

That's a really interesting point and I've heard that type of thing before.
    I think a lot of real drivers struggle to translate their skills to sims because they can't feel g forces and other, more subtle feedback sitting at a computer, where as others do well immediately.
    When we switch to the opposite scenario, we've seen that some top sim racers can adapt really well to real cars. The average sim driver won't have anywhere near the bravery and feel to perform in a real car. Informative force feedback is very artificial compared to real life because it needs to compensate for what would normally be felt in a driver's back side.
    It would be great to read about about feedback from the real stockcar2020 drivers now that they've driven the real car plus the AMS2 version.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

I made three races without any problem after the update, no CTD, no loss of steering wheel.

Tried the Retros and the Vintage, I'll post comments about those cars at their threads.

17. Andrew Hollom

Andrew Hollom Active Member

Jack Brabham was shown GPL many years ago, and commented that it was great fun, but he didn't remember it being that hard! We have a bit of a disjoint between simulation and realism, which aren't necessarily the same, as you can't accurately simulate something that you're not using in the same way (i.e we're not in a car, feeling the forces). Jack Brabham's comments resonate today, e.g. with Indycar drivers and iRacing, so we need to make the sims feel like the real thing, which may mean dumbing down the accuracy of the physics a little. Also, 'easy' and 'fast' presets for each car would be useful for those starting out.

18. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just did a race with the Stockcar 2020 at Interlagos. What a fun car to drive and race, i really like how the car drives now with the default setup. The key is to be gentle with your inputs. It's not an easy car, but it's definitely manageable and not too difficult, even for a 53 year old with limited talent like me.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  19. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Not sure when it started, I think couple of patches back it was OK but suddenly even during gameplay, open wheelers look like they run positive camber, its honestly a bit funny looking. Before, this only happened during replays. Now its there all the time.

This is with -4.0 camber in front:

ams2camber3.jpg

To be perfectly honest, ams2 is still missing a lot of details ams1 had and now some are even being taken away it seems...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

ke
    Keep calm!
    Don't you see that these and other cars aren't finished yet? (I.E. F-ultima, FTrucks,...)
    In all these cars driver still is a placeholder (position doesn't fit), no dynamic chassis (lowering with dowforce due to higher speeds), no suspension animation and so on... It still take a while, so have fun with every new feature which is implemented and be excited about coming updates :D