1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.1.0 & Hockenheimring Pack RELEASED - Now updated to v1.0.1.2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Jul 24, 2020.

1. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried the Camaro SS for the first time (I missed it when it was added) and.... what a great and unique car (on the right track) ! Testing it at the 'Interlagos Historic Outer' fast ring is immensely fun and showcase well the excellent physics with proper weight transfer, ability to drift with the ABS/TC saving your ass. The wheel feels nicely weighty too, reflecting the car's huge weight. You don't want to drive that car on a slow or curvy track though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Kobayashi Maru style

3. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Found that out the hard way in an MP lobby at Adelaide. Every single driver went off on the first tight corner even though they could see it happening to those in front. It was crazy how slow we had to take those tight turns.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I'm not sure about this car , almost feels like there is something wrong with the physics . I appreciate it should be fairly low grip compared to race cars but this thing is like driving on ice !
    Noticed also that when reaction is lost briefly and then regained the squealing sound effect continues even though driving normally again !
    Has anyone else noticed this ?

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. farcar

farcar Well-Known Member

Also, a separate FPS limit setting for replays. My humble rig can run cockpit views at a stable 60fps, but I get slowdowns in replays.
    Would love to limit replays to 30fps so it's stable and better to watch.

P.S. Love you Reiza.

6. Ricardokil

Ricardokil Active Member AMS2 Club Member

good if I had read all my answer, make it clear that I am competitive, just enter some clues and you will see my name, but I did not see yours, but this is not relevant, because I question not for myself, but for people who ask me and certainly some who come here and think the same, the game is not made for a group of people, it is made for everyone, Reiza doesn’t think of selling to just a few but to everyone, alias I say again, Renato himself I make it clear that the Stock2020 will have changes because the car is being discovered by the teams, imagine for a game studio, maybe you are not Brazilian and do not follow the category of the StockCar 2020, the cool thing here, is to see in several responses, such as your things that do not add to improving anything to the individual who comments, soils or criticizes, further suggests that you are slow and in case you can't get him to throw something else, but of course you can't say it clearly like many here, but I remember two things to you, the first, I dedicate my te mpo in the way that I think is best for me, second, it’s not because I can walk well that I can’t speak on behalf of many people who can’t do it for various other reasons, time, ability, age and so on and I’ll never imply that give up the game and play another one like some here, if you don’t agree don’t be afraid to dislike or disagree ok? and I’m not going to answer this question anymore, because I’ve already made it very clear my stance whether you agree or not.[/QUOTE]

• Creative Creative x 1
  7. Jugulador

Jugulador Well-Known Member

The AI is pretty decent, but a very immersion break stuff happened in my last race.

On the downhill straight in Bathurst I was racing with a Gol (Classic A) at the speed limit... them another Gol from the same division passed through me, at least 20Km/h faster. Ok, he used the slipstream, but there is no way the AI could be faster than it's own car engine rev limit (because even if I use the slipstream at that straight's and, I could not be faster that it's limit, just get fast early).

PS: The AI still too slow at the first lap, but it improved. And they have the tendency to open space if I approach them faster and from behind. I think that the AI could be less polite, at least with aggression at 100 (the way I set it).

Abração!

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Jonson Tailer

Jonson Tailer New Member

How do I enable a racing engineer in the game? I do not have the sound of the engineer's voice, but only subtitles?

9. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I'm pretty sure this feature isn't working yet unfortunately .

10. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

You can use CrewChief, it works well with AMS2

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Be wary that Crewchief sometimes won't tell you if someone's next to you between start and T1. Experienced this the hard way. :eek::eek:

12. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Are you saying Clare is keeping secrets from me? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

She wants to murder us!!! Just kidding. I think it's a Crewchief issue or so. Perhaps sometimes there's too many cars around us that Crewchief goes silent or so. I don't know. I need put this on CC-forum but I keep forgetting, haha. Edit: Just did send Belowski a discord message on his server.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  14. CMLcz

CMLcz New Member

IMO, it's in CrewChief settings... There is a value for how long after start spotter starts informing. It's set on 20secs by default.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

And btw. i have an additional question: Is it intentional, that AI is about 2 seconds slower in practice? (Kind of sandbagging-installation drive in race trim, instead of pushing?) I noticed it in basically every single player race weekend i have done with several classes, no difference.^^

16. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

There should not be that much difference! Q should be fastest, with R a small increment slower than Q and then P a small increment slower again than R. Sandbagging in P doesn't make a good offline experience.

17. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Having spent more time of this car, I disagree. I'm rather impressed by its physics.
    But to appreciate it, you really have to test on a fast track such as Interlagos Outer Historic or Spielberg 1974, and insist a bit until it starts to click (or not). Most tracks are too curvy or slow for this car, which is a chore on them.
    But on fast tracks, you can maintain speed and really play with the weight transfer and other interesting characteristics of the car.

18. CrimsonEminence

It was not depending on track or car yet, generally encountered it with basically any class and track. Examples: F-Retro on every historic track and also Bathurst, F-Ultimate at Hockenheim, SC2020 at Virginia, Velo Cítta and so on...always around 2 seconds difference, sometimes a bit more between P and Q. In Practice i can beat them easily, even with race fuel, but qualy provides a decent challenge in many classes.

I mean, i'm fine with slower pace in Praccy, when it is not thaaat far away from race pace (at least in the first half, second could need a bit more push by AI, when qualy pace testing is a thing), but maybe it's just chosen to be a bit too careful, i don't know. Single player experience over a full race weekend is still feeling quite WIP, so i think, it's not final state of the realized vision. Just mentioned it, because it became harder since 1.0 or so, to determinate overall AI pace over a race weekend, when trying them out.

(Let's take AI at 100-110 with 34-50 aggression as a window, where i often try AI)

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I suspect some of the AI changes affected this, and another speed calibration by session type will be necessary (as are the speed calibration passes by vehicles, that are basically constantly being updated). So yes, WIP for sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. CrimsonEminence

Yeah, it's not over-dramatically disturbing right now. At a pinch, driving a looong Qualy also does the deal to adjust the own pace to the real AI speed.

As major example i would recommend F-Retro at Kyalami Historic, it was the first example, where i noticed this and wondered, why AI was so slow at 100 but was 2 seconds faster on 101 strenth, while not noticing, that i tested the 100 strength at praccy, while the 101 strength testing was in qualy. I verified it then, by comparing both strengths in qualy and practice and indeed. They have quite a lot of laptime difference between sessions.

Then i tested different classes and it was similar. At least it seems somewhat more "uniform" now, compared to EA build situation between classes and tracks, so i think, as a base, this persistent situation is even a step forward.^^