1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you use stability control?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F1 Hero, Jul 30, 2020.

1. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

In all cars I turn it on, I become faster. Maybe due to my inability as a driver.

Do you use it? Also, is there any benefit for not using it?

2. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I tried it when I first started playing AMS2 and found I was faster with it turned off. If there is an analogy it's like when people talk about how much grip their car has, while others prefer to talk about handling. Grip is something you have up to the limit of the tyres, handling on the other hand is what you have up to and after the grip has given up. I think in AMS2 stability control is something similar that works up to a limit and then holds you back, but go over the limit and you are left without answers.

3. pavig

pavig Member

If you know the car, track and setup well enough, you're looking for the edge of stable to shave off time. Stability control will help keep you consistent, but stable isn't the fastest way through every corner. I'm not a very good driver, but I've found I can lap faster without stability control once I know a track/car combination really well. For unfamiliar tracks though, it helps in building consistency.

4. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

The only things I use, are low TC and low ABS(10-20%), because I have default T300 RS pedals.

I used to use SC a few years ago in other sims, but I felt that the car was trying to drive itself a lot of the time.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

No i never use it, but would like to see who is using it in multiplayer races and to set time-trial times

• Like Like x 1
  6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I am using authenticy. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't use any assist, no ABS, TC, SC. Why ? Because it's more fun :)
    If you want to use assists, stick to authentic, ABS and TC for those cars who have it IRL.
    IMO it's better to no use stability control, you don't get punished for bad driving habits and as a result you will never learn to drive properly.

8. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

I personally don't use it , only use TC / abs if it's authentic to that particular car .
    There is no right or wrong way , whatever gives you the most enjoyment is best for you . Only caveat to that is the more you rely on assists the less satisfaction long term in my opinion .

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

In general, use what you feel most comfortable with.
    From a technical point of view, SC (also TC) will slow you down accelerating out of corners.
    Personally I have my settings on “Authentic” and use 10% TC in, as example, the AJR Honda. It’s a pay off for using low downforce ;)

10. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Yeah, I'm not a time trial guy, but for pure transparency, every driver aid should be shown, for times on global leaderboards.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Eetu Peltomäki

Eetu Peltomäki New Member

I use authentic. With proper wheel and pedals I'd feel like cheating if I used assists. It also forces me to learn to drive a new car right from the beginning. Using assists first and then turning them off would be same as learning it twice.

With T300 stock two-pedal set I recommend lowering brake and throttle sensitivity to some degree. I use T3PA and I think throttle is at 35%. Now I don't spin the cars so easily when exiting corners.

I don't do open wheelers that much but I might consider some TC with most powerful classic Formula cars. It can be quite frustrating with only your muscle memory and FFB information to play with.

12. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I play sims for realism, so I stick with "authentic" driving aids. That said, you should play the game in the way that makes it most fun for you. If that is with stability control turned on then go for it. Don't let anyone else tell you how you should play the game you bought.

The only real "advantage" of not using it is that you learn to control a car without it. That's a big help if you plan on racing online, since many servers disable it.

13. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

Very good answers here. Thanks for all the replies, people.

I'm coming from AC and there I don't use SC most of the times. Now on AMS2 I'm struggling without it, but probably I just need to practise more.

And that's a good point, Goffik, many multiplayers servers will disable SC, so learning how to drive fast without it is a must.