1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Manuel Staedel

Manuel Staedel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

No, i not using any settings, that changing physics.
    But, i am sorry, for me feels better with default settings that are modified at
    (recip_force ( / 0.7 max_overall_force))
    But, the next versions of your file, i will save testing.

2. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Hello.TS PC racer as I mentioned to Tumi who is using the same base.

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I've had some bad clipping from the F1 cars , v10, Reiza and Ultimate and found that turning (recip_force ( / 0.8 max_overall_force)) thx @Manuel Staedel made it a lot better but now cars that were fine with default now are to weak !
    I have since tried a few of the custom FFB here but not really found something that feels as nice as default (minus that clipping) . The -full-silver-raw-6.4 seems to have massive dampening and i tried @F.Santos one and it wasn't what i wanted either . What do you think would be the best way to get a compromise between default without clipping for the F v10 and heavier wheel for say the Brazilian Stock car ?

4. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Have you tried the "Heavy Messing" from NuScorpii ? I use the smooth version, i think it's best custom setting.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

This. I use detailed though.

• Like Like x 2
  6. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If your time allows you can dial functions down on the latest file to your liking, the recommended by Karsten is the top 5 in the file:

(momentum_scale 0.6)
    (momentum_resistance 2.7)
    (slow_resistance 1.0)
    (center_pull 0.7)
    (balance_scale 0.45)

He also mentioned putting master switches to the forces which I have tested myself, planning to take a good look at it this afternoon hopefully.

new additional master sliders in the 6.4 file:

(master_rack 1.25)
    (master_effects 1.325)
    (master_bumps 1.0)
    (master_details 1.0)

I have this file I was using prior, it's a smoother overall with good balance for all cars.
    I was at 60.45.50. I have this one as 6.2 momentum rack 3.0, not sure if its correct cos I have a lot of variations from Karsten's and Nus files.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  7. tUMi

tUMi Active Member

I understand. It's all about personal preference with the FFB. The wheel center feels fine for me in this file I shared with you, although I have to admit it could be better. Perhaps we just have different requirements for the FFB, seems as for you wheel center feel counts more than it does to me and I fully understand that. I've pretty much adapted myself with the wheel center feel in this file, weight of the wheel does feel heavy enough for me (I don't like driving with a wheel too light). However, the feel when turning the wheel in corners is the most important feeling for me in this sim.

As for me Karsten's custom file just feels great when I go flat out and try to hammer down very fast laps in a empty track (that's what I mostly do in AMS2). It's hard to explain but Karsten's file gives me just right amount of feedback I need from the car and from the road. Few weeks earlier I did test the detailed version of "Heavy Messing" custom FFB file (from NuScorpii) but something in it didn't felt right for me which made me ditch it quite quickly. With Karsten's file I feel I have the cars better in my control. But as I've said earlier, the FFB is so much about personal preference. Thanks anyway for trying out my settings.

Thank you for sharing this file. I did give it a go and was pleasantly surprised as I was thinking it would not necessarily feel better than the prior "Silver Raw v6.0 - Momentum Rack 3.0" custom file I was using before this.

I think that this new "Silver Raw v6.4 - Momentum Rack 4.0" custom file is another keeper for me and for my Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer. More explained below:

Both Caterham 620R and Formula V12 (I drive mostly with these in AMS2) felt great to drive with this file. Going flat out with these cars has never felt better as it feels even easier than before to drive these cars on their limits. This custom file has gave me lot of confidence when hotlapping and I find myself driving these cars faster than ever. During my testing I did managed to clock some very fast laps with these cars (propably my 2nd best lap times ever) in a very short time of driving, that certainly tells good things from this custom file.

The FFB these cars are now giving with this custom file feels very nice and smooth, very detailed too. Even the wheel center feel and weight of the wheel does feel good for me, can't complain about those as well. I like the effects too, they felt fine for me without editing any parameters inside the custom file. The most important thing for me in "Silver Raw v6.4 - Momentum Rack 4.0" custom file is that I can feel all the time what the back end of the car is doing and adjust my driving accordingly with correct wheel inputs. I only edited one parameter from this custom file and that is "min_force" parameter. The value "0.06" for this parameter works great for my Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer (I've been using that same value in every custom file I've tested so far).

I did had to re-adjust the gain setting for both cars. In prior versions I was using 90/30/70. With the new "Silver Raw v6.4 - Momentum Rack 4.0" custom file I settled for 80/30/70 for Caterham 620R and for Formula V12 I settled for 60/30/70.

Looking forward to shave few tenths off from my current world record in Brands Hatch GP / Formula V12. I'm confident that with the help of this new custom file it can be done.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
  8. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I can see what this and the other files are doing , really seems like trying to simulate a real car wheel with the dampening and i kind of get it and like it but really not giving me the details i need (possibly more not what im used to) !
    I tried a few different files from here but think what im going to do is just reduce (recip_force ( / 0.6 max_overall_force)) and use this for the formula cars that clip and the default for all other cars .
    Thanks heaps though for your help and all others also , you have helped me but also making me second guess what im used to in FFB :p I may use your file from this post when i just want to drive and feel something different because i am not fast with it but its pretty wild how it feels :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Same here. Love the "smooth" version.

• Like Like x 2
  10. F.Santos

Exactly the same here, I love it but its too difficult to drive in its purest version(latest one), too realistic for me.
    With the f1 I'm not clipping but I am wrestling hard, on the technical side I'll let @Karsten Hvidberg help because I'm not too sure myself, I'm really just trying to change the functions and seeing what happens.

11. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I made small changes to the latest file (a little bit of self centering) but left general feeling the same. It was mostly tested on DD wheels, sadly due to lack of hw variety.

One major point when using these custom files is I feel the best way to enjoy is changing gain based on a car type. F1 cars I have to lower to about 20, normal road cars like GT4 about 10 more, to 30, etc. I was hoping Reiza would implement car specific ffb like they mentioned in one of the roadmaps but its either forgotten or too difficult. For now this is the next best thing :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Eric Bergeron

Eric Bergeron New Member AMS2 Club Member

what is your numbers ? me too ifind it too much inertia and damped !

13. F.Santos

There’s another version that should be coming out soon, just making sure it’s a reasonable file worth posting, for the f1 cars still a bit on the heavier side but the rest feels much better.

The main problem still is coming up with a FFB that suits all cars with such a varied field of cars. If you make it light/very drivable for formula cars the rest will feel ultra light and vice versa as you already know.

Hopefully Reiza will soon provide that in game adjustable FFB per car then this file will work perfectly.

@Karsten Hvidberg @Shadak are having a look at it now.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Alegunner68

Alegunner68 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Had a break from the game for a while ( watching too many msfs 2020 vids ), came back to it today and tried full silver raw 6 - stunning, best file yet for me.
    Only changes were raising scrub to 0.8, kerbs to 0.1and friction to 0.07 to add weight in slow corners on the formulas.
    The 6.4 feels way too heavy with numb feeling on the corners so 6.0 is a keeper, i can't see how it can be bettered for my wheel (though Karsten will no doubt prove me wrong!).

EDIT: something I've noticed is after a crash and repairs, the ffb is weaker. Even if i change car and track it's the same until i reboot, then it's back to normal!
    Could be something to do with the anti-pull bug fix? I don't know.
    More problems yay.
    I just won't crash anymore.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dam

Dam New Member

Hi,
    after several tests with some FFB custom files, the best one for my personal feeling with a Ts-pc Racer is the "" NuScorpii "Heavy Messing" Detailed version. "".
    A big thank to you NuScorpii. With your file I can feel everything with all the cars.

Cheers
    Dam, a French simdriver

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nolive721

Nolive721 Active Member

Meme chose ici pour le moment. from another French Simracer with the same wheel!

• Like Like x 2
  17. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

These new Silver Raw files are really good, especially with the Ultima GTR! The front loading under braking and tire friction/grip come thru on these files incredibly well. Really helps with keeping the car right on the limit. Thanks guys for all the hard work y'all put into these files!

18. Chip

Chip Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I couldn't agree more. I am really enjoying the latest Momentum 4.0 - Silver Raw Full 6.4 file. It has provided the best experience in AMS2 yet in the P3 Roco around Oulton Park. It's pure fun, and I'm also finding that I'm the fastest while using the file as compared to the other ones. I was previously using the Heavy Messing series, and I think I am a convert now! I'll post my in-game and Simucube True Drive settings for those that are curious. @Karsten Hvidberg @F.Santos @Shadak , thank you so much for creating such a stellar file!

• Like Like x 1
  19. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,

Is there any way to invert or reverse ffb effects?
    I ask because I've always had to in any sim I've tried. I use an older logitec wheel, and I feeel resistance and curb effects but no matter what I do I can't feel under steer or oversteer.
    I just tried my older Simbin gtr2 and the mod power and glory 3 and it works really well.
    I've tried the custom ffb fiiles like heavy messing and silver raw momentum files and I still don't feel what the tires are doing. Have read just about every ffb post there is on the net and here and I'm wondering if I just need to reverse effect.
    Thank you.

Edit...forgot to mention that automobilista had the ffb gain parameter went to -100 +100. Or so I read.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  20. Sting Ray

Sting Ray Member AMS2 Club Member

Hats off to the guys who got these files together. Just had my best ever sim racing experience with the latest custom FFB file. Jerez with the Stock Cars is a must !! For comparison i then went back to the default FFB file and blimey what a difference. Reiza need to employ these guys or adopt their files. Night and day difference for me