1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Based on Game Build: 1.0.1.3
    Request Title: Adding the Roco 001 #82 to the Roco Liveries
    Description: Please add the updated Roco 001 #82 to the AMS2 Liveries
    Benefits: Adding the #82 Roco 001 will match AMS2 with the current Roco deployment at Imperio Endurance Brasil.

82.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Lukas Ranicar

Lukas Ranicar New Member

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Feature Request:

Rename the sim as Automobilista Infinity to reflect the ongoing development process. ;):D

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Don't know if it's already mentioned (I would be suprised if not):
    It should be possible to adjust pit stop strategy or the work what should be done at next pit stop during pausing.
    For me it's unmanageable during driving.
    IRL you've radio to call your crew and musn't toggle through a small window with several other options and read out what's setted and what to adjust.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It has been requested to create and manage pit stop strategies through the Ui prior to race start..

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gene

Gene New Member

Not sure if it has been requested earlier in the thread, but it would be nice if there was a message pop up (just like with TC and ABS setting changes) when toggling KERS/DRS on and off for those of us playing in VR without the hud.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Coanda

KERS, ERS and SOC modes are not implemented and I hope Reiza do it. If so I am sure they will include the appropriate message.

For DRS I requested a audio beep and wheel rim LED as there would be in real life..

8. Jebus

Jebus The Lying Finn AMS2 Club Member

Can be done already. Hit ctrl+k and you'll have continuous movement for seat adjustment. Hit ctrl+k second time and you can move the cam left/right.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Coanda

nice one mate.. I wanted to move left/right on the Sigma P2.. :cool:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ribeiros

Ribeiros Active Member

request feature: Skin creation tool inside the game similar to (Forza, gran Turismo).
    benefits:proper skins for all classes, better for tournaments and championships, forza 2 had this feature on the xbox 360 in 2007.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

Request Title: Official Multiplayer Races
    Description: Add an Official Race in multiplayer, each hour or more, have a lobby with a categorie (like stock car, sprint etc) or multiclass (P1 + P2 + P3 etc) with a fixed time, 10m pratice, 5m qualy and 30m race. Just an example. Or can also had 1 lobby for each categorie (why not).
    Benefits: It will estimulate a bit the MP as the players will know which time the races starts, and combined with Ranking system, it will create great battles for the ranking system and estimulate those people who dont participate in private leagues to play more often.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Request Title: Adjust color of the JLM AJR #175
    Description: Please adjust Color of Livery JLM AJR #175
    Benefits: Adjusting the Color of Livery JLM AJR #175 will match AMS2 with the current JLM AJR #175 deployment at Imperio Endurance Brasil. (AJR #175 is all green in 2020)

#175.jpg

13. TheAccuso

TheAccuso New Member

Request Title: Improve penalty rules and penalties detection
    Description: Penalties suffer the same problem that PCars2 had, i guess probably because the new collaboration. Anyway, bumping into someone and sending him out of the track sometimes results in nothing and that's not how it should be at all. You need to get punished for dangerous driving and contacts. It is a must have in any racing game that wants to succeed with online multiplayer.
    Benefits: Have people happier about participating in online racing by having a fair experience, thus, keeping the game alive for longer and maybe even attracting new players.

14. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Creating pit strategies pre-race is a different request than creating them in-race through the pause menu.

In real life, the driver and crew chief are in radio contact. The driver can feel how the car is driving in race, and the crew chief can usually see telemetry.

They then use information gleaned in-race to plan pit stops, and the crew chief tells the rest of the crew crew what to do while the driver is driving.

In video games, the driver and crew chief are the same person, so it makes sense for the driver to be able to pause the game (in single player mode, anyway) and make adjustments for the next pit stop.

PC2 only supports using pre-planned pit strategies. I can't tell you how many times I've accidentally selected the wrong strategy while driving.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. alink

Exactly what I mean! I don't think that is similar to "cheating" because it's unmanageable during driving and does not correspond to real life where there's a crew chief and radio contact.

• Like Like x 1
  16. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

In a perfect world we could have Crew Chief (the software) voice commands to actually interact with pit strategy, like you can do with iRacing. However to make it possible this heavily depends on how the Madness engine was implemented (i.e.: is there an API available for Crew Chief to interact with?).

The simplest way to work around this issue is to make it possible to set buttons for the common pit settings. Unless the engine doesn't make it simple to assign keys to these functions.

As I use a wireless keyboard on my lap, I would like to assign the following hotkeys:
    • Numpad 0: do not change tyres;
    • Numpad 1: change to softest tyre available;
    • Numpad 2: change to medium tyre;
    • Numpad 3: change to hardest tyre available;
    • Numpad 4: decrease refuel load (you can hold it, no need to do 100000 clicks);
    • Numpad 5: no refuel;
    • Numpad 6: increase refuel load (you can hold it, no need to do 100000 clicks);
    • Numpad 7: no damage repair;
    • Numpad 8: repair only aero damage;
    • Numpad 9: repair all.

Pausing the game to adjust pit strategy is an immersion breaker for me, and wouldn't solve the issue with online races, and AMS2 is walking at high lengths to become the online leagues favorite if they manage to fix all the issues.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. alink

Or maybe as it was in Papyrus' Nascar Racing 2003 season where to use keys F1...F10 (or so) to setup refulling, tire + pressure change, repair, wedge adjustment, track bar adjustement, 'tape' adjustment (how I loved this:):))
    It's just more simple to use and possible while driving.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Assigning keys to different pit strategy options is a good idea. Problem is for VR users, they need a simple way to do it with buttons, but there are no enough buttons in the wheel.

The current on screen system is not ideal, and the way it automatically dissapears if you don't press an option makes things way more difficult, having to start the whole procedure again and again, but I don't have a better solution for VR.

At this moment, a simple quality of live addition would be to let the pit strategy options to remain on screen, and hide it by manual user intervention at least.

Altough inmersion breaker, for VR the best solution would be by pausing the game and change pit options there, and leaving the on screen for people who can manage it without pausing the game.

For non VR drivers, assigning keys as other posters described it's better without any doubt.

19. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

how do you pause the game online o_O
    I race only in VR and use ButtonBox if possible

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Fernando

Fernando Active Member

Pause menu is obiously for single player only ;). Online you can set pit options by the actual on screen system and by assigning buttons if you have them.

I suspect players with button boxes are small compared to the whole player base, so I think the game needs a baseline option for all VR players besides other more customized alternatives too.