1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New AMS Championships @ SRS starting August 12!

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by Henrique Alves, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Henrique Alves

Henrique Alves New Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

Please join us for these. The Formula Trainer is a handful at first, but really fun once you calm down the back end a little bit. The GT4 races are also great, but we need more folks.

You don't have to be that fast (if you did I wouldn't be competing), just commit to trying to stay clean. Everything is free and it's a really great community. Please come join us!

• Like Like x 1
  3. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I'd like to join you for these events but your interface won't allow me. I have registered and activated my account (on my Linux box) and I can log in from this windows game pc, but when I try to view events I get a message that I don't have access rights. On your main website, if I click on Competition/Race I get You do not have permission to access this page. :confused:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

Neal - did you install the app? You have to register through the AMS2 app You also have to register for an account with SRS. The page that I linked has instructions for how it all works.

The only thing you need the app for is to register. As long as you have the correct server (it's Euro Server 1) in your launch options you will see the SRS server in Multiplayer when the event starts.

I realize that this is not a simple process. I think that it's worth it though as it's a great group to race with. Experiment with the GT4 races this weekend. I hope to see you on track!

5. neal

I'll follow your advice and see if I can sort this out. Just one question, does the app use/access the release version of AMS2? I have an Accuforce wheel and have to launch it via my Sim Commander 4 software for it to load the wheel profile for AMS2 so not sure how I'll do that atm.

Well I tried and failed. Too many hoops to jump through to spend any more time on this, so sorry won't be joining you after all. :(

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Run SRS app, click join race, AMS2 opens automatically, alt-tab to click on SimCommander AMS2 profile, alt-tab to AMS2

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. neal

thanks anyway Juan, but didn't get that far even.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. JASON CHAMBERLAIN

JASON CHAMBERLAIN Member

Don't worry about joining with the app. You only need to use the app to register. Then, as long as you have the server set in your launch parameters for the app, you should be fine.

However, it may be necessary for it to be a Steam app since there is a requirement to have your Steam Name match your SRS name.

It's a good time, but I understand that some things aren't worth that much frustration. Sorry if you can't make it.

9. neal

The problem appears to be that I joined and registered using the web site before I knew to use the app, so the SRS system won't allow me to do what I need. Also I can't change my Steam name (unwilling to) as it messes with other games I'm already using. I really would love some regular AMS2 racing if I can get this sorted out, but I'm not very good at resolving these kind of issues these days.

• Dislike Dislike x 1