1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multiplayer ranking system?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by F1 Hero, Jul 20, 2020.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

While I agree it should be included I don't think it is going to save the day. You run into the problem (which you may have experienced) where it can be hard to push through a successful vote to kick. On the other side you don't want to vote someone out for some rage vote where they dont deserve it so you kind of have to see the incident or the guy is repeatedly wrecking everyone before enough people see what is going on and the vote is successful. I would never just accept a vote to kick unless I see a reason to agree.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

You are right that such a "Kick Player" feature sounds like a must and should be very easy to introduce - but if as example some of the other drivers just dont like you (for some obscure or reasonable reason :D) then they could just kick you every time you tried to join a MP race where they participated.
    So eventhough this kick thing sounds simple then its a bit more complicated than to enable such a button - me guess :p

EDIT: Ah I see Andy have just posted something similiar. So he and I must be right:)

3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The main problems for me with the ACC system are, the lack of a direct monitoring of your rating changes, it needs a live-monitoring system giving direct feedback on my points. Show a popup immediately when the points change ( if i hit or been hit, or whatever the event is that changes my ranking) , and not use the totally not transparent algorithm it uses.
    Second problem you can build your rating in off-line races, It enables the perfect wreckers delight, building your rating off-line and as reward, gonna wreck a high ranked lobby filled with drivers who think they are save.
    Preferably there should be an on-line (And perhaps an off-line) system.

(Edit: i misjudged AC having the same problems as ACC has so i removed AC from this post)

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

In AC you couldn't build your rating in offline mode. You could do it on a low pop server (2 or more players IIRC) but with low pop and high distance between players it would take a very long time. He had a lot of information about how the system worked on his website (also in the thread on the official forums) and you could also track your ranking on there, he avoided some specifics to stop exploits. IIRC it would display a contact if you turned it on in chat. I never once saw a wrecker with that system. It logged contacts from your last 1000km driven, hats off to any wrecker willing to drive 1000km clean enough to get A rated to then destroy it all in a race or two :D At that point I'd say they earned it!!

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

They also mentioned they first want to set-up a strong anti-cheat system before the ranking goes online... Based on what happens on ACC I think it's better they build a very strong one :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Mmm Thanks for the info.. I have not used these other sims systems so its nice to know.
    Cant believe that so many dorks are out there, guess I been lucky so far.

7. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

I don't think people vote to kick a driver without knowing what he did wrong.

I was reffering to trolls that join a server and start crashing everybody. The majority will see what he is doing and then vote to kick him.

And if someone dislikes me and vote to kick me just because of that, it's ok, but others won't do it because they don't have anything against me.

I don't think there is "herd behavior" on multiplayer servers. I've never seen someone being kicked from a server without deserving it. And I'm not talking about 30% of votes to ban a driver, but 60% or 70%, which is a safe percentual to avoid injustices.

• Like Like x 2
  8. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Would someone please explaining the need for anti-cheat?
    I has no idea the ways these ranking systems are exploited to create the need for anti-cheat.

9. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Anti-cheat refers to means used to increase the hp of your car, or make it indistructable, i.e. ways to make your car superior to the other racer's cars using unfair means.There is a guy who has hacked ACC and is doing exactly the above.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

To be precise, he hacked most of the sims (if not all) he played as well as AMS2. I have a strong feeling he himself probably cant be stopped by an anti-cheat system per se. But it will turn off many others who get subtle advantage that would otherwise go unnoticed and gain ratings etc. unfairly.

11. Ettore

More than one guy.. There is many in the leaderboards and in the MP. ACC has a lot of cheaters

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Thats MP for you. If you want a fair MP you need to race iRacing.
    most fair is a lan-party where everyone has exact the same setup. (except wheel & pedal settings)

Anyway: Racing in MP has too many variables. Screens, refreshrate, simgear, cockpit, etc etc etc. Just enjoy the battles and all that. eSports is a strange breed cause it's soo unfair due all the variables.

Well, you can argue the same for real-life sports, like football. Rich teams do wear better equipment, etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Ettore

Well yes but having more money to develop or buy better equipment can be considered part of the sport. Having an Audi R8 on ACC which has 100+ Hp over anybody else and you just breeze through opponents on the straights with 20 kph more is slightly different. That is the famous guy that went viral on internet but there are many more and more subtle than that. Even iracing has been affected as recently there was people claiming they had been helping some esports team from the PCup having a break with pit stop durations and increasing their cars power. This guy who made the claim created a twitter (I believe) account through which he shared his capabilities with one online simracing news site. And he was showing how a cayman GT4 was going through gears like an F1 or how he could refill a Porsche 911 in no time. Obviously the cheats would have to be slightly more subtle during the events but he could do whatever he wanted basically. Iracing canceled and postponed the subsequent Pcup race with an excuse couple of days after that claim surfaced.
    That is not to say that we need to believe to every claim, but wherever there is competition cheaters will come along inevitably.

14. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

A rating system is a good idea for any game. There are always trolls, you can't help that, but a rating system would at least teach people to be more cautious.
    A vote to kick system seems arbitrary, but it could be used to alert people to watch out for someone for the next race, even if it doesn't pass. The tool could be useful for hosts who care and take it seriously. Plus in AMS2 there is plenty of time to use the chat and have a conversation to determine if the driver made a mistake or is a rammer. Especially with so many cars and tracks.
    i say yes to both.

There is also a lot you can do when pops are high, like giving the host the ability to set a min rating. Unfortunately, MP needs players right now.

15. BrunoB

OK sorry. Then my post above is rather irrelevant :)

ByTheWay: Just like others I would be 100% joyfull if some feature could execute the childish morons that often do their best to destroy MP races for others.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelreserv

steelreserv Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The unjustified kick is going to be a concern. I am hoping that the time investment for racing in AMS2 will lend to people taking it more seriously then say, the F1 games where it does happen. And its usually instigated by the aggressor, no less.

Even in ACC that has a rating system, there are trolls. My last race I was cruising along in like 5th place and came across a lapped car, he tried to push me into the wall but I braked in time and he smashed himself. Unfortunately, I lost my composure by laughing and bottled the next few corners and he wound up torpedoing me. We both took a safety rating hit...super frustrating. If people don;t care, they just don't care. He quit the lobby after the race.

17. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

On a DS the admin can view the logs, find such nice guys and add them to the blacklist.
    This should be possible locally for P2P sessions too. The fun curve for idiots would go to zero very fast.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

The pcars2 system is really great, could work for ams2 aswell... We will see when it arrives, i will be happy for what ever system it is aslong as it not like the ACC system :p:cool:

19. BrunoB

Be aware Im not disagreeing here just for disagreeing - but after lots of years in iRacing I absolutely dont believe that the investment size does anything to "lend to people taking it more seriously".
    People who think there is such a correlation should use the possibility to join iRacing for 1 month on some of the rebate offers - because then they will probably think otherwise. :rolleyes:

20. Ettore

I come from iRacing and it's trash how the people go at racing there... T1 mayhem is a constant and not only T1. Seems like everyone is feeling Senna racing for the F1 championship almost at any occasion...