1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 v1.0.2.0 Released - Now updated to v1.0.2.1

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

No stress.. Thanks for sorting it..

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I have to ask a stupid question: can someone tell me where can I change localization to PT-BR? :oops:

3. kagurazakayukari

kagurazakayukari Member

Well at least you guys tried.... but this car still reaching energy usage limit of each lap in sector 3.... If you guys can't change it massively because of game engine issue, I strongly recommand minor tweak 6\7 gear ratio and stop energy use when in gear 8, plus add a an overtake button(kers button) for it.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  4. kagurazakayukari

kagurazakayukari Member

In steam setting of course~

Also full of expectation waiting Chinese language support:)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you, it's the right answer. I never changed localization for a game on steam before, not even knew it exists. Maybe its a coincidence but I ever had this setting inside the games I played.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The system is there - the reliable and mature multiplayer required to make it a truly fruitful feature isn’t, which is why it has been put on hold while we gradually work on the more foundational aspects of the game.

• Informative Informative x 14
    • Like Like x 11
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. SebWizterTv

SebWizterTv Member

But will it come shortly or maybe in later this year? :)

8. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As someone who complained a lot about the penalty system, I'm eternally grateful this has been addressed. Just in time for the new SimRacingSystem AMS2 series.

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Relax, Seb. Naggin about it won't help. He clearly gave you the right information. Just be patient and enjoy the other flowers they gave you and us <3

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Great update, but my knowledge about F1-history isn't that great. Is it possible to add a build year to the car-info like in pCars 2?

• Like Like x 2
  11. Marius H

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Marius H

You need to be a backer to read it. I am so sorry.

14. B Stu

B Stu Member

I believe there were screenshots somewhere I stumbled across that showed some details about cars/tracks? I`m thinking these were quite old posts, maybe while game was still in beta. They showed some information about cars/ tracks in the selection screens. I`ve no idea where to find them again.

15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

I hope i don't get my ass kicked...but should be no secret @Dolph

Missing the latest cars from the 70ties in latest Updates,but that's all ,we have for now!

The Historical Reiza Formula Cars - Get to know them!

Here´s a brief overview covering the main characteristics of our fictional historical Formula cars - there´s more to them than it may appear on the surface :)

These are the cars that will feature on release - they will be expanded with more generations, more classes and more models which should provide fields that are a good match for some very real and iconic counterparts that are also to come...

Please note that some of these design specifications are not fully implemented yet and BoP is still in progress, so you may not have the full intended results just yet.

[​IMG]
    Formula Vintage Gen1 Model1: 595 kg / 5-speed H-Pattern gearbox / V8 engine delivering 465 HP
    With the iconic DFV V8 engine + 5 speed gearbox mounted to an aluminium chassis, a 200L gas tank running rock hard tyres that would last for more one race and no aero except for drag and a small amount of positive lift, the F-Vintages represent the era of the sport when men were truly sorted from the boys.

[​IMG]

Formula Vintage Gen1 Model2: 630 kg / 5-speed H-Pattern gearbox / V12 engine delivering 490 HP
    Model 2 features a V12 engine - heavier, more thirsty and less elastic than the DFV V8, but in an era in which circuits were high speed and engine power was paramount, the extra 25 HP makes it a competitive machine vs the more nimble M1.

[​IMG]

Formula Vintage Gen2 Model1: 595 kg / 5-speed H-Pattern gearbox / V8 engine delivering 474 HP
    First generation of cars featuring wings, albeit not particularly efficient ones it still resulted in a distinctive performance advantage over the cars of the previous generation.

[​IMG]

Formula Vintage Gen2 Model2: 630 kg / 5-speed H-Pattern gearbox / V12 engine delivering 500 HP
    As per the previous Generation Vintages, power was still of utmost importance and the Gen2 Model2 retains that advantage, to abate for it less competitive chassis.

[​IMG]

Formula Classic Gen1 Model1: 620 kg / 5-speed H-Pattern gearbox / V6 Turbo engine delivering 1120 HP
    Based on regulations from the peak of the turbo era, the Gen1 F-Classic can easily exceed 1100 HP at full boost pressure - for a few laps at least!

A very rearwards aero balance combined with the large rear slicks needed to put down all that power however made this generation of cars somewhat more understeery and less nimble than future F-Classics - as Martin Brundle would put it, the challenge was keeping it off the wall!

[​IMG]
    Formula Classic Gen1 Model2: 630 kg / 5-speed H-Pattern gearbox / V6 Turbo engine delivering 1204 HP
    A powerful mastiff, the G1M2 exceeds the G1M1 maximum power output delivering insane 1200HP at max boost, which combined with its relatively clunky chassis makes for an even more demanding car to drive.

[​IMG]

Formula Classic Gen2 Model1: 590 kg / 6-speed Sequential gearbox / V8 engine delivering 580 HP
    A distinctively neat design, the G2M1 is slightly lighter than its contemporaries but suffers from a underdeveloped V8 engine. It´s the only car to feature a sequential gearbox.

[​IMG]
    Formula Classic Gen2 Model2: 610 kg / 6-speed H-Pattern gearbox / V8 engine delivering 600 HP
    A slightly sleeker rear-end than it´s Gen2 brothers earns it a bit more downforce from the diffuser, but resulting packaging issues result in a tendency to overheat in higher environment temps, demanding an opening in the bodywork which exposes its V8 engine and adds drag, just about offsetting its slightly higher power output.

[​IMG]

Formula Classic Gen2 Model3: 620 kg / 6-speed H-Pattern gearbox / V6 Turbo engine delivering 700 HP
    The last Classic equipped with a V6 turbo is considerably limited by the regulations of this generation forcing turbo pressure to be reduced from 4 to 2.5 bar, it was still enough to deliver more powe than its V8 contemporaries. The distinctively bulkier chassis however is heavier, and the turbo doesn´t have the same low end grunt of the more elastic V8s - not enough to offset its power advantage, but not as driveable in circuits with many slow corners.

[​IMG]
    Formula Classic Gen3 Model1: 625 kg / 6-speed semi-auto gearbox / V12 engine delivering 770 HP
    Powered by an almighty and glorious sounding V12 engine, the G3M1 is the most powerful car of its generation - yet its relatively sluggish power delivery in the lower end of the rev band and slightly understeery tendencies of the chassis make for a surprisingly easy car to drive. It is a bit compromised in slower circuits by being the heaviest one, and over long distance races by being the most fuel thirsty.

[​IMG]
    Formula Classic Gen3 Model2: 610 kg / 6-speed semi-auto gearbox / V10 engine delivering 740 HP
    The flexible V10 engine combines high end with elasticity to match the G3M1 V12 in all but the highest speed circuits, and the car itself a step ahead in terms of aerodynamical efficiency - albeit slightly plagued by pitch sentivity that can lead to changing balance through high speed corners.

[​IMG]

Formula Classic Gen3 Model3: 580 kg / 6-speed H-Pattern gearbox / V8 engine delivering 675 HP
    Partially a relic, partially ahead of its time - the G3M3 is powered by the by then distinctively lower power V8 engine and is the only car in this generation still running a manual gearbox. It however strikes back by being the first to feature a higher nose, allowing for better air flow towards the diffuser which combining with its lower mass and low fuel consumption makes it all but a match for its contemporaries in the hands of the right driver.

[​IMG]
    Formula V12: 595 kg / semi-auto 6-speed gearbox / V12 engine delivering 700 HP
    An old favorite from AMS1, this model represents the regulation changes which followed after the tragedies of Imola 1994 - the car has less downforce, less power and less tyres than the latest generation of F-Classics,.yet it somehow combined into a beautifully proportional formula, suitably equipped with a V12 engine last seen in 1995 to result in an unique driving experience.

[​IMG]

Formula V10 Gen2: 600 kg / semi-auto 7-speed gearbox / V10 engine delivering 870 HP
    Named after the era in which V10 engines reigned supreme, the car features grooved tyres, which had been introduced in a futile attempt to reduce corner speeds - a tyre war quickly saw cars recover the grip from the latter slick years and more, although these odd tyres still made for a peculiar feel, with wider front tyres tipping the balance towards the front-end compared with previous generations. The car is also equipped with traction control and automatic gearbox and a relatively small fuel tank demanding refuelling over full distance races.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Is it possible that the HUD-trackmap is missing in all Silverstone-Layouts except the modern one?

And also in some older layouts it's difficult to know where to drive sometimes, you can drive through the chicane or take another route for example. Shouldn't the wrong ways be blocked by barriers or something like that?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Good to hear you noticed a difference.
    Though far from tip top.
    Out of curiosity I went back to pc2 and saw a lot of diff settings around 45/45 and certainly a lot lower defaults than what we have here and the cars turned easier.
    Coming back to ams2 default then lowering p&q to 45/45 and 42/45 for me the cars turn much easier. Point being the cars are easier (more normal?) to drive with pc2 defaults.
    Just begs the Question that our default diff settings are off. a high %
    If asm2 had pc2 defaults I would guess that most people that have been put off the retros and f vintage would have a better experience "out the box" add more plates and a few adjustments and who knows? 45/65? just by taking them down in my first run the Brabham was much better esp the engine braking may try again with higher coast later like
    to 30/80 ramps, ( quote taken from below)

Given what Ethan Said basically lower .irl
    The ramp angles were not particularly suited to my driving style (45/45), but the problem we were facing was that we didn’t have enough friction faces and later in same ref
    I still ended up P4 to a couple of ground effect cars so it wasn’t a terrible result. After that, we changed to 30/80 ramps, 6 friction faces, with 15lbs of breakaway torque (I think this was ~.010" preload) and that cured the issue.

18. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Has the announced possibility to use Championship mode for other classes than Stockcar 2020 not been implemented yet with latest update? Also possibility to save during championship?

19. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

thx ;)
    upload_2020-8-12_17-13-1.png

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

As an analogy to f1 Retro
    upload_2020-8-12_17-19-37.png
    it might be McLaren M7A?
    [​IMG]