1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Game version: V1.0.2.1
    Track & Layout Used: Donington Park (both layouts)
    Car Used: N/A
    Applicable Settings: N/A
    Report: The track maps for both Donington Park layouts show the old national chicane position, from the pre-2010 version of the track. The chicane was moved back to the same position as the GP chicane when the track was restored after track layout changes for F1 were aborted. The actual track meshes have the correct layout.
    Steps to reproduce: Select Donington Park track in the menu, either layout.
    Donington-Park-GP-chicane.jpg Donington-Park-National-chicane.jpg Reality.jpg

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Flo Renz

Flo Renz Member

Track & Layout Used: All Tracks
    Car Used: Lotus 49C happens probably on all cars
    REPORT: My throttle seems stuck. Somtimes I have about 20% throttle input without touching the pedal. I tried other Sims (Assetto Corsa, RFactor 2)and there my Inputs are normal,so my pedals seem to work normal too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: -
    Car Used: Metalmoro AJR Chevy V8
    REPORT: no gear indicator in cockpit
    ss152824.jpg

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. alink

Track & Layout Used: Goiania & others
    Car Used: -
    REPORT: Several tracks don't have working starting lights, for example Goiania

5. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Oh man, I've been reporting this since pretty much the start of early access. That's why my last post here asked if the Devs are actually using this topic to learn of current bugs/issues...
    The karts being unusable without damage is a pretty major issue I'd think.

6. alink

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

Car Used: All cars
    REPORT: Icons for drive train layout on all cars are incorrect and show a mid engine RWD icon. Even front engine RWD and front engine AWD cars show mid engine RWD icon and is very confusing. Please update icon on every car so it accurately reflects the engine location and drive wheels.

upload_2020-8-15_9-48-43.png

8. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone 2001
    Car Used: F1V10 G1 & G2
    Report: This sneaky Ai opponent was taking service in my pit box. Lucky it was only in P1.. :D

ams2_F1V10G1_Ai_Silverstone_pit_box.jpg

9. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game version: Oculus Rift (original) launched in Oculus VR mode. Desktop resolution 3840px2160p
    REPORT: Hud customization it totally screwed up due to incorrect mouse pointer positioning. Mouse pointer works perfectly in all the menus in VR mode, but in Hud customization pointer position showed and clicks registered do not match. I have to place the pointer to the left and up from where I want to click. This is terribly frustrating as I don't know where I am actually clicking and also I don't understand if I'm doing smth wrong or just not hitting the correct place. Even more so this does not allow me to customize the hud on the far left of the screen as pointer stops moving at screen end, but I should move it further. On the other hand on the right and bottom of screen the pointer can go off screen. This basically means that the pointer screen is bigger than the screen displayed and it does not work correctly. I can't customize my hud in VR. This is game braking!! I tried to customize in non-VR, but this setting seems to be separate from the VR version so I can't perform this workaround for VR. Sucks bigtime!

10. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

REPORT:
    Shared memory is still hit and miss with output. I have Crew Chief, SimHub, motion rig software, an android app all listening for shared memory. Sometimes none of them work and computer restart is required, however this doesn't always work. Other times only some of these work.
    In other games, I have the same setup, but ALL external apps work all of the time.
    Previously I posted in help and support with more details on troubleshooting steps I have tried.
    Shared memory has stopped working for external apps

11. Loren1950

Loren1950 New Member

Same Issue for me. G29. Vintage L49C / Retro L72D Throttle sticks wide open, and car won't turn. Has happened following the latest mini update. Ruined the sim for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

I may have the same issue (G25). Noticed it first several weeks ago. However, it may also be that my G25 pedals are getting old. On the other hand I didn't experience this issue in any other sim yet, despite the input showing slight movement without actually touching the pedal. As a consequence I had to increase the deadzone a lot in AMS2.

Haven't checked the latest update yet, though, so maybe it's different now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. alink

Track & Layout Used: Campo Grande
    Car Used: MultiClass P1+P2+P3+P4
    REPORT: AI is very slow especially at corner exit. Me, with a P3, was faster than P2 and much faster than other P3.
    If chasing an AI car less than 1 second AI always start to defend and drive always in the middle. Therefor they get slower and slower.
    As always I have Ai strength 95% and agression at 100%. This setting had always fitted without being much faster with a lower classed car. campogrande.jpg

14. Flo Renz

Flo Renz Member

I dont think that your pedals are broken. Yesterday I played 1 hour of project cars 2 : No problem
    3 hrs of AC: no problem
    1 hr of Rfactor2: no problem
    I also calibrated the pedals again and made sure that there isnt any Input when im not on the throttle.
    So far this game wasn't worth the money. I really hope that this issue will be sorted out in the future.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2020
  15. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

If there is even the tiniest "noise" coming from the pedal (i.e., dead zone is not set large enough), the pedal function will stick on at full rate in AMS 2. A giant PITA that does not happen in other sims. In other sims, you would just get the momentary spike of application of throttle or brake (still not good) rather than the full application stuck on. Happens with the brake occasionally for me with Fanatec pedals. For those having the problem, try increasing the dead zone for the affected pedal in the menu in AMS 2.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NR The-Boss

NR The-Boss Bug Hunter AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Londrina Kart Two
    Car Used: Shifter Kart
    REPORT:

Kart Spawns into session with damaged front left brake; temperature is into invalid territory. Constantly given meatball flag and asked to return to pits, which doesn't fix issue. Driving seems to be minimally affected, if at all. See Video.
    Car Used: Shifter Kart + 125cc Kart (Probably affects all, but tested with those two)
    REPORT:

AI have difficulty navigating back chicane on Londrina, often "send themselves to the shadow realm" and leave the circuit in rapid fashion.
    REPORT:

No lollipop man or red box in the pits. Makes it rather difficult to perform pits stops.
    REPORT:

Kart summons a 6.0 magnitude earthquake during pit stops, and occasionally when in the garage. Doesn't seem to affect anything, but affects the overall feel of the game.

Examples of all these can be found in this video:

(Hopefully links are allowed, otherwise I'm getting sent to the shadow realm).

17. alink

Track & Layout Used: all historic tracks
    Car Used: -
    REPORT: Resistance of catching fence is much too low. Cars normaly were stopped after hitting one or two rows of fences. In AMS there's very less resistance like hitting a cone.
    For example like this:

18. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Makes sense since it was "catch" fencing.

19. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game version: V1.0.2.2
    Track & Layout Used: Donington National (20 laps, AI 120%,11 am, Heavy Cloud/Medium/Light)
    Car Used: Hot Fuscas ("Identical" chosen in Opponents section)
    REPORT: The AI's brake lights do not light up. This makes close racing a little scary. :)

20. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Irrelevant
    Car Used: Formula Reiza
    REPORT: If I stop the car the car will be shaking from side to side even tough I've stopped. This happens at least 8 times out of 10 when I stop the car but I haven't been able to figure out if there's a pattern to when this happens or not.

First time I noticed was after a violent spin that brought the car to a stop and sudently there it was... the car was shaking A LOT even tough I was not moving. I'm not just talking about small engine vibrations but full on swaying from side to side that will stop when I start moving again... from the cockpit cam it actually looks as if the front wheels are jumping up and down from all the shaking. Again, this only happens if you stop the car.

Haven't seen this behaviour in any of the other cars I've tried so far.