1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need. More. Videos! C'mon guys!

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Multi Class Race (P1/P2/P3/P4) in Interlagos. Trying to keep up with an angry swarm of AJR's with the Roco 001

• Like Like x 1
  2. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

Driving as Nelson Piquet in the Williams FW11 skinned Formula Classic Gen 1 car, on the circuit that was named in his honour, after winning his third Formula One World Championship in 1987.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

12 Lap Multiclass Race (P2/P3/P4) at Cascavel:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

A lap of Interlagos in the Puma GTE

• Like Like x 1
  5. savgeax

savgeax New Member

• Like Like x 1
  6. GregzVR

Driving the Formula V10 Gen 1 car, on the Silverstone 2001 circuit. Staring slowly, but getting up to speed towards the end. The a.i were set to 104%.
    I think it’s also time to give the drivers some helmet skins guys, even if they were simply different colours.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  7. GregzVR

8. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Alex of The Extra Mile YouTube channel is enjoying AMS2 very much:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Scraper

Jimmy Broadbent is also having fun:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Scraper

...and after two generally positive videos, one that requests a few improvements:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

The wind is changing...

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  12. Alistair McKinley

Alistair McKinley Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  13. GregzVR

Driving the Formula V10 Gen 1 at Monaco, with some Formula V12 cars thrown in for visual & audio variety. As usual, I start slowly, but get up to speed as I learn the car and track combination. The CPU cars’ skill level: 100%.

14. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

...the first 15m of a recent online race I took part in, driving the racing version of the Ultima GTR for 10 laps at Bathurst. Whoever set up the lobby forced default setups, which really isn't my cup of tea, but it was an opportunity for me to try a few laps in this car, as I hadn't driven it before. I finished 3rd, which I'm happy with, given my unfamiliarity with the car & my sloppy driving on a few occasions :) (This is AMS 2 ver 1.0.1.2. I'm using Crew Chief, which I enjoy & the comments can be helpful in terms of your situational awareness. Most common racing titles are supported. I suggest if you do use it, make sure swearing is enabled as it's not by default & I missed it during initial setup).

15. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. lukester

lukester Trey Ulbraking AMS2 Club Member

I've been having such a blast around Silverstone '75 I thought I'd do a quick comparison of my first love (see avatar) vs. my current love. Because, erm, that can never go wrong!

Had to spend a while finding a car in AMS2 that was of similar pace ... 0.2s in it at the end! Amazing how accurate the REVS tracks were, given the limitations of the hardware. What a legend Geoff is.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  17. GregzVR

The accuracy and smoothness of REVS there would’ve been amazing in 1994 on a DOS PC, never mind an on 8-BIT BBC Micro 10 years earlier, with a tiny fraction of the performance.

Geoff Crammond is a true god walking amongst us.

• Like Like x 1
  18. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

Those were the days. I have never played revs, but owned and played all of his Grand Prix series of games, from F1GP to Grand Prix 4. Those were amazing at the time and GP4 still holds up now, even to this day on a Windows 10 PC. I still have a copy of it in my old games archive.
    Amazing too when you look at his bio and he clearly said he wasn't really even interested in motorsports or racing prior to starting to work on racing sims.
    "A former defence industry systems engineer,[1] he claims to have had little interest in motor racing before programming his first racing game (Formula 3) back in 1984, but he holds a physics degree, which may explain the realism of some of his programming."
    Geoff Crammond - Wikipedia

this is a nice high level article - short, but concise and to the point:
    Geoff Crammond, The Lone Programmer

...he's one of a few of his type, who have contributed a massive amount to racing simulators and simulators in general. Creating a game of this type requires a certain type of person - in my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  19. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

8 laps of fun in the Formula Classic Gen 3's at Cascias - a Portuguese track I hadn't driven, but I'll definitely be driving again.

• Like Like x 2
  20. muz_j

muz_j Active Member

I'm going to leave this here as a reminder (that hopefully the developers might see) about which group of Cars I'm looking forward to seeing get released for AMS 2 :)
    I'd gladly take either the C9 or C11 any day of the week, so I'm praying one of those are in the works. If posting non game videos in this thread is not permitted, please feel free to remove this post. If you watch this video, make sure you volume isn't too high, as the start up noise is a touch loud, but in a good way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1