1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the customizable skins, are they visible to everyone in multy?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Germano Cervini, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

Good evening, a question, if I use a custom Skin, who is online with me, does he see my skin or not ?, if he doesn't see it, how can I make everyone see it?

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont think anybody else than you will see them Germano.
    Because otherwise you would have the possibility to upload your custom skin when you join a MP race.
    In as example iRacing you have to upload your custom skin to a 3rd party called Trading Paints - and when people then join a MP race where you are in they automagically download your skin from TP.
    Pure magic.:D

3. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

ok I know, I have IR for 12 years, I asked there is a way to send the skins to others in multy, as is done for example on Rfactor 2

4. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

very tks
    ok I know, I have IR for 12 years, I asked there is a way to send the skins to others in multy, as is done for example on Rfactor 2

5. sci006

sci006 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Custom skins only dictate what is seen on your screen.

So if you have it loaded on your computer, your online opponents will all have the custom skins (provided they select one of the cars with custom livery) on your screen but on their end you will appear in the default livery or any custom skins they have loaded.

You will only show on their screen in your custom livery if they have the same custom skin pack loaded.

6. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

OK. If thats the exact way it will be working in Reiza then its exactly how it was working in NR2003 (the sim iRacing is build on).
    Because in that sim (and all its mods) then before an organised MP event the organisers:
    1. asked people to upload their individual custom skins to the organisers and
    2. made a common skin roster
    3. People could then download this common skin roster - and
    4. voila - everybody could now see each others custom paints when they joined the event.

7. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

It would be a great feature to have in AMS2. Once a driver joins a server, automatically the game would download all skins being used on that session. If I remember well, Live for Speed had this feature 15 years ago, when internet connections were much slower than they are today.