1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. F.Santos

F.Santos Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's what we are trying to balance now, he removed the function that controls it in the latest, but in yours I think its the rack_scale or Reiza rack, I'm not too sure.

2. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm using 6.6.5 I think it is. It's not suppose to be using the Reiza rack. I'll keep watching for updates. In the meantime, I'll look for those settings and try changing them to see what happens. Thanks heaps for the quick reply.

3. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

I'm not quite sure of your full scenario, but it could be the balance_scale you mean, possibly?

4. F.Santos

Ok, try this one, its not the finished product by any means but im currently using/testing it. Might be better than what you on atm. @sherpa25 it might work for you too.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Enright

Thanks, I'll try it soon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Wow, seems like lots of changes...this is 25kb, while the one I'm still using is only 16kb :). Thanks, will wait for the updated too. Will try this out soon. :)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Michael Enright

Certainly better, for me anyway, but there seems to be a bit of "nothingness" in the centre for me. Is there a setting that will take a bit of that away? Thanks.

8. F.Santos

Momentum_scale or balance maybe?
    Momentum scale will make things looser on a straight line if you lower it, and balance will loose the wheels if u increase and tighten if u reduce the value.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Michael Enright

Thanks. Changed them a little and all seems better now. Even tried the V8, and all the rubber bandy type feel I had before has gone. Heaps better to drive. You guys have done an amazing job getting the FFB to where it is now.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Karsten Hvidberg

There's also "strengthen_low" which is the "tighten" of this file. You can set it higher at 0.5 to 0.75 depending on your needs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Michael Enright

I seem to be finding a huge difference in strength of FFB between cars with the latest 6.6.5 file. FFB itself is great but, just there is just so much variance. Hopefully it will get better as this version is refined.

12. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Latest Silver Raw file and my T300 don't get along very well either. The wheel weight out of the box is super heavy even with a Gain of 70 in the Roco.

13. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Referring to the changelog of the latest beta v1.0.2.3 there are a few FFB changes/improvements in the default Reiza FFB. I wonder if this will have some influence on the Custom FFB files.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Karsten Hvidberg

• Like Like x 1
  15. sherpa25

Just advised F.Santos, raced the F-V10 Gen1 (at Spielberg) and FTrainer Adv, and rattling was so,so strong, w/ lower gain/lfb/fx settings from previous F.Santos' file. Though like emulating the stiff cars on the track bouncing. :) Think I had to lower FX to only 10 (normally, settings were at 65/45/50), just sharing my initial,brief observation.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020
  16. Karsten Hvidberg

Wow, on the just posted file?
    If so I will remove.

• Like Like x 1
  17. sherpa25

Oh no, if you just posted a newer file. Most likely the previous one (ie. says v6.6.5.1 in header). @F.Santos is already aware, and since you both are working together closely, perhaps he can give you better feedback. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Karsten Hvidberg

Ok, so yes there is a newer 6.6.5.7

• Like Like x 1
  19. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Seems to me you toned it down a good bit. With the previous file I used a 65/20/50 and now with a 75/20/50 I still don't have the details from the previous file.

20. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Cool thanks man! It will probably be tomorrow before I can give it a go again.

I've got a question for you guys, since I know y'all have a good feel for the FFB. I've been working on creating a custom file specifically for the ROCCO 001 for a friend. Do any of you struggle to feel the actual tire grip with this particular car? I can feel the weight transfer of the car for sure, but it's almost like the friction/adhesion aspect of the output is missing/lacking to me, regardless of the file I use (or Default profile). I just cannot seem to ever feel fully connected to the road surface in this car due to this and the end result is that I cannot maintain consistent lap-times.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2020