1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about Stock Car Push To Pass

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Helleno, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Helleno

Helleno Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello everyone. I have some questions about P2P and hope some with more knowledge can help me to understand:

1 - Is there any visual cue in the cockpit to the driver see if P2P is recharged or not? I like to play (in VR) with only the information the real driver have in real life and I think must be very hard to race without this information.

2 - I could not find exactly how this button works in real life for 2020 season but I found some text from 2017 explaining P2P acts on air restriction, that air flow it is locked in some percentage for default and that P2P release this lock and lets engine works at a optimum air flow, giving more HP. Anyone can confirm this? This answer takes me to the question 3.

3 - Assuming P2P works like described on question 2, what is that recharging bar about? Is that just a timing defined in category rules? Is that an imitation of a rechargeable system powered by brakes? Or P2P have nothing to do with what I told in question 2 and is indeed some kind of electrical rechargeable system?

As you can see, I am a little bit lost about P2P and any help will be apreciated. ;)

2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

1- I don't think there is, even on the real series. There is a green/red light on the windshield (not implemented ingame yet), but it is for outside view only.

2- That's correct.

3- It's just a timing based on the track, basically to avoid the P2P being used two laps in a row.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the info. Is there a limit of usage depending on race length, or its just allowed to be used every lap?

4. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

There are 15 Pushs available for the race.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Helleno

Thank you for response, Heitor. About P2P, I am impressed. I know they have help from spoters but looks like such an important information to me, to know if its ready or not and how much they still have to use. I hope guys from crew chief make something like "your push is ready to use" or something like that. :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Well, regarding knowing when it will be available, it's not much of a mystery, because there's pretty much only one place to use it (the track's longest straight). And if you pressed the button, you know that it won't be available at that place for the next lap.

But I agree some visual cue would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  7. sherpa25

Isn't it in the gear hud (blue w/ lighting symbol)?

8. Helleno

At my post I was talking about to drive in VR only with real information of the cockpit (the way I like to do). In real cars this indicator don`t exists, that what was Heitor talking about.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Helleno

Sure. Actually, for interlagos specifically, I remember sometimes, depending on circunstances, I was using in the straight after "S" to make some overtaking. One lap after using it on main straight, at this point, I remember it was like seconds of precision, looking to the bar to recharge. But, once you said it is just a timer, maybe my last lap was too slow. Indeed, the best way to use it must be ever at the start of the longest straight, I will remember it.

Ps.: Will be cool when player model press P2P on wheel and use those buttons above his head to start the car on Stock Car 2020. :whistle:

10. noel spence

noel spence Member AMS2 Club Member

so where is the push to pass button ,i see a drs and kers button but they don't seem to do anything

11. sherpa25

It's the KERS button. You can see it in the gear HUD, and can activate it only when the 'light blue w/ lightning' symbol is lit.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. noel spence

thanks sherpa ,doesn't seem to work in time trial

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  13. sherpa25

...nor in Practice. Maybe normal, so as to keep things even, not sure.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

The Stock Car P2P is as per real series rules, available only in races (small HUD lighting icon on blue boost bar turning white indicates availability); has a 5s delay between driver pressing button and activation; lasts for 15s (indicated by boost bar gradually depleting); allows for 15 activations per race; has a mandatory 100s gap between activations (indicated by boost bar gradually "recharging" until available again). This is the case for both Stock Car 2019 and 2020 as well as the Copa Montana.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. Helleno

Thanks for the information! :)

16. noel spence

in time trial it seems to have been available for the stockcar at interlagos ,i have been up by as much as 500ths up in the long final straight and the ghost of a challenger will catch me and fly pass me

Maybe it was used in earlier versions ?

17. sherpa25

Oh, I'm not sure as I never tried it there before. Might have been a bug that's now corrected? Nonetheless, Renato S. explained above how it's supposed to work, so we can report anything that deviates from that. :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Helleno

If I remember, it was indeed available in TT in the early versions but TT board has already been reseted since that. Should have not ghost with P2P at this moment.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

There was actually a couple of weeks following initial release where P2P was active in TT. For now we´re resisting resetting those Stock Car boards as the car physics are generally evolving still so the times should ultimately be surmountable, but if after some time this is still a problem we´ll look into resetting some of them.

• Like Like x 2
  20. noel spence

cheers i was wondering what was going on ,i checked my pedals ,i changed the wing , but now you cleared it up.
    I hope you reset the leader boards eventually