AMS cannot set multiplayer hosting settings in Player.PLR from in-game.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Eduardo del Mango, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Eduardo del Mango

Eduardo del Mango Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello!

I made a thread about this topic a while back but have a little more information so I thought I'd post this.

All of the MP hosting settings that affect lines in Player.PLR - i.e. those with MULTI before them - don't carry over to the race when I change them in-game. So things like start type, race length, race duration type (time/laps), time scale, race time, all that sort of thing - whenever I set them in-game, the race ignores those settings and starts with whatever's already in Player.PLR. If I edit the MULTI lines in the .PLR file directly then the hosted race will start with those settings correctly.

All of the quick race settings - i.e. those with QUICK before them in the .plr file - do carry over and work perfectly.

The Player.PLR file is not set to read only.

As I can go and make the changes in Notepad this is by no means the end of the world for me, but it'd be nice to not have to bother with this if anyone has any ideas about it.

With thanks (and enjoying the new trucks tremendously!),

-Eduardo

2. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Eduardo, we´ll look into this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Eduardo del Mango

Eduardo del Mango Member AMS2 Club Member

Quick update - I've finally got around to installing the beta (so I can play with the FVintage cars) and the same thing happens for me there, too.