1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tire Temps and Replay

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Badwheels, Aug 19, 2020.

1. Badwheels

Badwheels New Member

I was wondering if there is some guide for correct tire pressures and temps for the cars in AMS2 ? I would like to start dialing in the correct setups. Second, replays. PC2 ran me crazy with not being able to get complete replays during practice sessions. I know this game pulled a lot of the core of PC2, but that part should have been left behind. That weird thing about driving backwards in the pit lane in order to default the session and get a full replay doesn't cut it. I use replays to improve and a 1:20 replay is very weak.

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I consider this AMS2/pCars2 replay feature a complete joke.:rolleyes:
    And more or less to no use.
    In LB mode you cannot save a replay - and you have therefore no possibility afterwards to replay and watch your fastest laps.:whistle:
    Byt why this joke is even more laughable is because these replays is actually saved to disk.:cool:
    Because every LB ghost is actually a replay - but the AMS2/pCars2 devs have been so smart that you cannot load (and watch) your own ghosts/replays.:rolleyes:
    You are only allowed to watch others ghosts/replays.

Pretty hilarious if I may say:p

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. BrunoB

Constructive solution for AMS2´s LB replay issue.
    1. Buy AMS2 one more time and
    2. open a new Steam account with your new AMS2
    3. set a laptime in a LB from inside your original account
    4. join the same LB but with your second account
    5. load the ghost of your lap made in your original account
    6. Watch this ghost/replay of your own lap as many times you want.:)
    7. A furter satisfaction it is to know that you now have supported Reiza even further;)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You can watch your replay in TT as long as it is your fastest registered lap. Just load your lap as a ghost and then click on your name in the middle (near the spanner that is used to load someone elses setup.) You can even watch a replay of your fasest lap and 2 other peoples fasest laps in the same combo at the same time (or 3 of your own laps with different cars in the same class.)

5. BrunoB

What what?o_O
    My fastest lap would be quite OK:p
    I have tried this (loading my own ghost) several times. And to no success.
    Just as you chose another ghost in the menu - then no ghost was loaded if I did choose my own.
    I will check if it is possible - and return with an appology to Reiza if this is possible.:p
    But I doubt it:p

6. Andy-R

I wasn't speculating, it is possible no question about it. At least my end, I do it most times I set a TT lap, load my lap and some close rival laps and see how they differ in the replay.

Here is a video where I did a lap in all of the F Retro's and put 3 of my own ghosts on track at the same time, then 3 again (1 car is the same both times to sync the video which is also why the McLaren is bold as it is in both recordings) and watched the replay.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BrunoB

Doh - Im not specially proud of this.:mad:
    It is actually possible NOW to watch ones own ghost/replay in a LB.
    Thanks Andy for correcting me.:confused:
    But the only stupidity in my critique is that I didnt check if this issue has been solved in one of the latest updates.:mad:
    Because it has.
    I think it was about one month back that I tried it - to load my own "world record" and as I said with no success.

But beside this doh moment :p I have learned that I can also load up to 3 different ghost.
    This is great fun.
    And the only other sim I have seen this was my old sim fiance the GTP mod for NR2003 where some 3rd party replay app could merge several different replays to one.

So thank you Andy for correcting me.;)

ByTheWay: And hereby my appology to Reiza - you are not that bad :rolleyes:

3x.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. BrunoB

Just watched your Hacked together replay Andy.
    They are quite close :p
    In older days such close a "train" of cars was called a Trulli train.
    Hehe after the italian Trulli who always hold up a lot of F1 colleagues behind him:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Andy-R

You may have encountered a bug or something last time you tried as this has been possible for a long time. That video I posted above was made over a month ago for a start :D Anyway, enjoy! It is a great feature. As I said before I use it pretty much every time I set a lap just to see how lines differ and stuff.

10. Badwheels

Badwheels New Member

Do you have any idea what a hack that is? And it doesn't solve the problem of practice replays. Any, and I mean any other sim doesn't have replay limitations. I want the whole practice session.

11. Andy-R

Yes and I agree with your original post that the replay system isnt great. I'm not too worried about it being fixed though given the quality of replays (wrong wheel rotation & bad sounds to name two issues.) I was replying to Bruno's post about TT replays. I don't see how it is a hack it is there in the game... you click the button and you can view the ghost replay.

12. BrunoB

Fully agree.
    Because after my first positive reaction after discovering that it is actually possible to watch ones own LB replays in AMS2 I have to admit that I sit back with some kind of meh meh feeling.
    Watching a LB replay in complete silence is just the same as ... watching a rock concert with Rolling Stones in TV without hearing any sound.:rolleyes:

13. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it's all about the live track. You can use ghost cars in your sessions, because it's just the cars that need replaying. Having a 1:1 replay of a changing track is too much data to save. I remember asking about this when PC2 was in production and the answer was that all the livetrack data was gigabytes in size so it all couldn't be saved since it's changing with time. What they do is save the conditions in bigger areas of the circuit and let the live track fill in again when watching a replay. That's why you can't skip in replays. I might be wrong about this and most likely have not explained it properly either. :)

14. BrunoB

I tried to discuss this recording and replaying of replays with Simioni elswhere because as I understand it most racing sims does only record socalled waypoints of the cars positions at certain intervals on the track.
    And does actually not record the original laps on the track.

Because when you activate a replay then the sim does only move the car along the path made up of these single waypoints - trying to replicate with more or less success how this car should behave with the certain speed and path these waypoints does map out.
    The best way of proving the shortcommings of such a simple waypoints replay is to make the system display the car going backward.:p
    Because then as example the sliding and movements of the car does absolutely not replicate how the car originally did behave.

To the best of my knowledge only the forerunner of iRacing the NR2003 did actually record the original laps on the track the recorded car was doing.:cool:
    And if Im right about this NR2003 thing then I guess that the reason iRacings replay system does work so good (forward/backward/slowmo) and look so autentic on replaying is because iRacing have used NR2003´s "full" recording system.

ByTheWay: As I recall it Simioni just sidestepped our short discussion saying something about the difficulties creating a replay system allowing freely moving a slider forward/backward.

15. BrunoB

I have found at least one of the reasons I often cannot load/view my own ghosts.
    I have the problem again NOW on Silverstone 1991.
    The problem is that AMS2 is buggy when saving LB replays/ghosts.
    As can be seen on pic from Silverstone 1991 AMS2 has "forgot" to save my lap eventhough my setup looks like saved.
    And if I click on loading myself as a ghost nothing happens.
    I cant remember if all the former unaviability of loading my own ghosts was caused by the same issue - but at least there is some logic in it.:D
    Hehe its a bit difficult for the game to load my ghost when the same game has "forgot" to save the ghost.:rolleyes:

cannotLoadGhost.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Andy-R

I've had that before to, I got some sort of connection issue message come up and it kicked me from the TT session. My lap time was saved but my ghost/replay wasn't.

17. BrunoB

Yeah that was also my 1st idea of the cause of the not saving thing - but after observing this in about 5-10% of my LB records I have concluded that there is not a client connection issue involved(IMO).
    Ofcourse if the game crash then the lap is not saved - but I have never had some kind of connection message involved. :D

ByTheWay: Looking for some logic behind this then its a bit strange that the setup(wrench icon) is allways saved/uploaded while its only the replay that AMS2 "forget" to upload;)