1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.2.5 Update Released - Now Updated to V1.0.2.7

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Yeah that isnt what I would consider a touring car either. That's the bonkers turbo thing right? Group 5 or something. 60's and 70's group 2 (or was it called Group 5 at one point in 60's?) is more what I would have in mind for touring cars. I'd take a humble 1.6ltr Cortina over that monstrosity any day of the week :D

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It's a Gr.5 car, yes. You can drive it in pCars2 and R3E and also in the DRM Mod. Enjoyable car in all its appearances.
    But yeah. I wasn't enjoying a good Cortina since Power&Glory and GTL, i would absolutely love to see it.
    Sorry...this is becoming the wishlist stuff again, i stop...:eek:

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Holy cr**, that update is awesome. Just drove the Stock Car (Toyota) and the Ginetta G55 in Interlagos.....talking about having some fun. What a difference :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Micropitt

Probably :eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

New Macca is great.. Really nice work! The two brake pedals is bloody weirdo though.. :confused::cool:

Once I get the hang of it I will wish all cars have this.. What a clever tool...

nothing major..
    - virtual steering wheel is displayed static when requested not to display
    - tyre texture says wrong size, R16 size bla bla nit picking bla bla..

The Automobilista 2 in the banner for the new website is cut off for me.. It only displays "tomobilista 2" and on 40+" screen the vehicles and track pics are fairly pixelated.. No big deal though..

looking forward to those classic touring cars :cool:

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Adding to that, I'm not quite sure how I feel about the track list. I think it'd be good to have the layouts displayed on the website so the user knows what to expect, especially from these lesser known Brazilian tracks. Also not sure how I feel about the fact that National Layouts show up next to "normal" layouts as equals, especially considering there's absolutely no need to artificially increase the size of the track list.

Also, you've forgotten to display Guaporé! It's quite possibly my favourite non-DLC track on the game, how can you not put it on the website?

In other news, I wish I could jump in and test this update right now, but my internet provider disagrees (and will most likely continue to do so for the next days). However, these multiplayer fixes are hugely promising, as is the pack racing for the AI. Now they just need a bit less grip at the corner exits ;)
    This sim has been rough in almost every area except for the pure driving experience - but it's very promising to see so much dedication to polish.

As I wrote elsewhere: There are (have been, after this update?) many areas to fix and implement - multiplayer stability, AI, championship and career mode (you cannot imagine my joy when I saw your plans for that on the website!) - but this sim is almost buzzing with potential, and seeing the ever-coming updates and the steadfast dedication, I can't help but think that AMS2, in a year (maybe less), will be an absolute treasure within the sim racing world.

7. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

I didn't realized about that error before. I tried it now and if the engine blows, when you come back to pit and go out again the engine is still damaged. The problem persist if you go out of the race and load the track again, a game restart is needed.

BTW V12 engine have 40 hp less than before on Vintage classes.

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree back on topic. Enjoying the new Silverstone 75 no chicane layout. Only tried the Brabham BT26A so far but turning LFB off gives a similar FFB feel to before and is less of a fiddle for newbies coming into the game. Hopefully most people can just set their gain and fx preference now.

9. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Honestly you youngsters!!!
    Thanks for the update/upgrades and new toy.
    I need to switch on and try asap

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Btw. don't forget trying Spielberg Historic, which receives some art passes. ;)

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Firstly thank you for the feedback and kind words :)

With regards to the way tracks are listed, it’s simply using the FIA Grading system which does vary from layout to layout within the same venue - and we do have all those layouts, which is not something implicit if you only show the venues. And we did miss out on including Guapore so if anything we are under-counting it :p

Silly last minute mistake on my part, will be rectified soon.

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Micropitt

13. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

New tiny updated FFB is lovely. I think I felt tyre deformation / Spring in the GT4. Some kind of bump or so when I took the last left corner at Brands GP. Might be something else tho

I am not sure what I must think about the eSports-part. It can lead to AMS 2 becoming more popular. Then Reiza's ego grows a lot. We see EA, Acti-Bizz, Ubosoft-mindset rising. Reiza swimming in dollars. Doing a Codies. Dumbing down next AMS2 or next game. Reiza goes bankrupt. :(:(:(

Personally the other features are very welcome

• Creative Creative x 1
  14. Raphael Camelo

Raphael Camelo Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Any information about the custom skins system?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

One Question : Do F1 Cars of the 90's have a clutch you need to push?
    Modern F1 don't i think so..but i have not much knownlege about F1 Cars anyway.
    Thanx for the HUGE Update,it is everytime like Christmas since I bougth AMS2!!:hurrayreiza:

16. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Classic touring cars September free cars. Look on the new website ;) that will have my Porsche (hopefully).

Opps, I should have read on! Bloody ninja's :p

• Like Like x 1
  17. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

am i the only one who feels weird about the roadmap literally only showing what dlcs will be released when?

the game is in such a weird state where more content doesnt mean more players, assuming you want to grow to a level of games like acc, or atleast somewhat close, i would start focusing on something that isnt more cars/tracks but actually put the game in a place where u can do more than race AI.

i also dont think you should have put "multiplayer update" into the tweet cuz those minor adjustments to the multiplayer really dont justify such a headline.

• Disagree Disagree x 11
  18. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

It wasn't a complaint, because it's good to have a slower car to balance (at least in the case of the gen2 that have 4 cars), just that it didn't appears on at the logs.

19. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Kids :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

You mean, like:

Or:

Or:

Or:

I agree that all of these might be better off to also be included in the development roadmap, but I imagine it's not that easy to give a somewhat reliable timeframe on these things.
    That said, if we can have new content and new features, I'd rather take both.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  21. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Na,it is what Raceroom is also doing,i see no problems there, i trust in REIZA and money is always welcome.I don't realy need it too...,but that's the market.
    I like RaceRoom,it is well structured,easy to use and every Company/DEV can learn a lot to do it like they are doing....