1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.2.5 Update Released - Now Updated to V1.0.2.7

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Think so!:whistle:

2. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

1st of all, thanks for all the updates and fixes. Truely appreciated.

2nd, my league will start using AMS2 as our sim of choice.:)

Any chance there might be season pack discounts for those of us that have the Hockenheim and Silverstone DLCs? Just curious.
    Also please consider adding the GT5 Ginetta and Spec Miata cars to the series. We're eagerly awaiting your Racin' USA pack. If you decide to create even more USA track DLC content and call it Racin' USA 2, we won't stop you. I think the North American user base will really appreciate this. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

while the ranking system will probably give a bit of purpose to racing online, i think the major issue is that ppl cant find games, u hop on the serverbrowser, have a few ppl across 3-4 lobbies, some of which are already racing or locked due to being close to the end of qualy. u have only 1 or no lobby at all to join, might or might not be your selection of car/track and than you already closed the game to play something else.

"happy hours" encouraged by devs through official channels such as twitter or the forums, usually helps to spike playernumbers which will usually increase the total numbers.
    if they'd say, hey lets play at 7pm, we will host a server with the most played vehicles, which we are already logging.
    i bet that would bring alot of ppl to the game.
    and we would finally be able to enjoy the game with other ppl, instead of driving around alone aimlessly, hoping for new patches

ontop of all that, i am not really a fan of the "20min qualy, 5lap race" lobbies that are currently floating around.

which brings me to the multiplayer fixing that needs to be done, why cant ppl join at the end of qualy? why cant ppl join during the race, etcetc, u would be able to cut down on qualy time if u aim for a sprint race type of thing, ppl would be able to join mid season, can qualy and then race. but instead are forced to spectate or go elsewhere.
    at that point i usually just close the game and do somethign more interesting, i cant be bothered to sit there with my VR headset spectating ppl or sitting in a serverbrowser all day.
    which leads into the fact that after the race u are always forced to the lobby, which i dont really understand.
    as i said the whole multiplayer logic needs a rework, this pcars style just sucks

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

The multiplayer fixes were highly anticipated tweaks to the collision system and penalty workwise. (The main quirk for many users, driven away from MP due to that, btw.)
    So yes...mentioning it is worth it.

This is not mainly the games fault, though.
    You are free to open a lobby with a 45min. qualy, 50 lap race.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MasterLooser

i have added a few more things to my original comment

6. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are the car mirrors able to be adjusted (up,down,left right)?

7. CrimsonEminence

Ah, i see.^^
    Because it prevents wreckers and disturbance in the most critical situations of a race weekend.
    That's your opinion. (I disagree) Also many points you've made are valid, because of the underpopulation in MP. (Which was also a result of the collision and penalty problems)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. MasterLooser

ppl are usually ghosted anyways in qualy, cant wreck if they are ghosted.

seems to be the opinion of more ppl, since the multiplayer is (nearly) empty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Think you need to look a little closer ;) roadmap on the website details schedules for free packs (classic TC next month for ex) and features (custom champ / multiplayer ranking system in december) as well as the DLCs for the remainder of the year. Also, as previously announced we are already commited to releasing major game updates like this one at the end of every month in this period and beyond.

We would like to offer even more detail on what the plans are for each of those updates and free packs, unfortunately the nature of feature & other gameplay related developments and licensing processes particularly when it comes to cars can make these things harder to schedule with precision, compared to modelling a premium track which is just as much if not more work, but also more predictable, which allows us to set a schedule for them with more confidence.

Dont forget many people already bought into those items, just like many here bought into the base game - the purpose of the roadmap is to inform both users to the best of our ability what it is that you can expect for the game you bought into, and when :)

One important addendum to that of course is that roadmaps are plans, not promises - people often confuse the two which is why we try to be a bit more conservative and less precise about details we give out, at the same time trying to offer the info we feel a game with a long term dev plan like this requires.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 25
    • Informative Informative x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. CrimsonEminence

I don't know, how much you were following the latest complaints about MP, because most of them were indeed about collision and penalty system, which received improvements now. This was one of the major reasons, people got driven away from it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Thought it seemed a bit slow in the couple of laps I did at old Silverstone :p

OMG! We have bumpy bits! I didn't even spot that in the changelog. Thanks Reiza :) You made me a very happy fairly young historic man. Hopefully with the Retro's the bumps on their own will be enough to enforce track limits. I think a track limit pass at some point in the future could be good for more forgiving cars (see track limit video below.) Regardless of that I'm really happy to see Spielberg updated a bit.

The following is all valid track

• Informative Informative x 2
  12. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Mmm
    In quali at hock Historic fv10 online had a spin on last corner instantly disqualified? . momentary wrong direction whilst in spin Now disq from race. Have not seen this before?
    Thoughts pls

edit
    disq was just from quali as I was able to race but then had disconnection on last lap!

13. CrimsonEminence

Additionally
    They can wreck in the race, when hopping in spontaneously. I often experienced exactly this situation in AC public lobbies of someone joining shortly before the race and ruining it.

14. Dicra

Dicra Local Gamepad Ambassador AMS2 Club Member

Just to add some substance to this, I personally have not even suggested playing AMS2 multiplayer to my friends because of these very issues (especially collision problems).

I actually like that idea a lot. That could go well with the eSports approach Reiza have already planned for AMS2.

• Like Like x 1
  15. MasterLooser

lets wait a week and see how the multiplayer player count will look

meh if they play the game to just do that they will prolly also wait a few minutes, i doubt the qualy time will not eliminate the wreckers, maybe a tiny percentage

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

MP is fine. It's only that since there's no ranking. You are racing with all kind of people from all kind of skills levels. Which results in weird results or always the same people winning. Just be patient. The lastest MP-fixes are a great welcome.

17. CrimsonEminence

Which is fine, in my opinion. I never was a fan of ranking systems tbh. Also not for ACC, for example. It sucks the "hop in and have fun" out of a game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Tried the Ultima GTR road car for the first time in a long time. It feels much much better now. Still some oddities, as others have mentioned I think the way it steps out in a straight line seems a bit OTT. I expect to be doing plenty of throttle modulation but loss of traction in a straight line leads to violent lurches. Also I found I had to reduce brake pressure quite a bit and move the bias a lot further to the rear (54 IIRC.) The front is really prone to locking at default which makes it feel really unwilling to turn even after releasing the brake. With the lower bias cornering speeds seem pretty reasonable to me.

19. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The Formula Trainer Advanced is very enjoyable in dry and wet conditions. It's so lively yet so controllable that it feels like it's doing what it's supposed to: it's training me to drive better, to get more out of the car and to recover from a mistake. Inducing power-on oversteer going round a fast but damp corner and then power-sliding on exit is usually above my paygrade, but the FTA is cashing my cheques. Nice work, Renato & Co. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Well yeah. You're right. Tho. There are already so less MP-players if will even lead to a seperated MP-community and empty servers or under 5 people-lobby's.