1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.2.5 Update Released - Now Updated to V1.0.2.7

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

true.. i was being extra nice cause they gave us a big fat update yesterday..

come on Reiza :p

• Like Like x 1
  2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Yep, I even said that ;)

3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Well I must say that I tried the McLaren MP4/12 tonight and all I can say is that it is the best F1 car I have tried in any Sim ever, and the sound, oh my! My favourite F1 era is the V10 era and this is without a shadow of a doubt the best V10 engine sound I have ever heard in any Sim. For some reason the V10 era seems to be really hard to get good sound for and no developers have ever been able to get it right, but man, this one is just superb!
    Would really love to see Reiza add a couple more real life cars to both the V10 gen1 and gen2 classes. Then hopefully some good skins by modders to give us a real life F1 grid. Massive thumbs up Reiza!!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. F1Aussie

I must also say that AMS2 for me has become the sim that rf2 should have been. Unfortunately rf2 has gone to the bottom of the pile for me with the snail pace of development. The AMS2 Devs cannot be beaten for their attitude and work ethic. There may be plenty going on behind the scenes in rf2 but updates and bug fixes are few and far between and they are not substantial even when they do drop.

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Post this to M.Offermans in the RF2 forum and you have my full support!:)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

No need to do that. rF2 forums have plenty of their own commentators, just like here. That message has been repeated, ad nauseum, for the past 6 or 7 years, long before Mr. Offermans or S397 became involved. It is/has been their choice not to change direction significantly or do enough about it.

• Like Like x 3
  7. F1Aussie

The rf2 guys / developers are good guys, my assumption is that they are a very small team and have had a lot of existing code to fix, apart from that maybe they dont have full autonomy on what they are doing. I have the most hours on rf2 out of all my sims and own all the DLC to support them and still will but I have barely put an hour on it in the last year.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo "Son of Spartakus" and "Leisure Nostradamus" AMS2 Club Member

Same as me!
    So theres only AMS 2 and Raceroom left.
    Sadly,RF2 is only in stock,but rarly used by me,was my first love,but the AI...keeps me away.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Coanda

Too true, it bloody sounds really nice in the replays.. Popping and farting whilst off throttle and screaming it's guts out down the straight.. :cool:

good job sound bloke..

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Coanda

How are we supposed to use a clutch off the line for race starts in the MP4/12 when the clutch is now mapped to the extra brake..?

Add: I figured a work around on my podium series paddles and V2 Formula Rim however not everyone will have these options.. Set the hand clutch paddles to Mode D which is X & Y axis and map to this instead. You loose the look left, right and back glance functions though which is mapped to the LH analog joystick..

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry, misunderstanding, thought you still wrote about shift paddles, but two are better than one...

• Like Like x 1
  12. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Yep, we need those controller mapping issues addressed. And/or controller profiles that can be assigned to a car.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. alink

Yes, it seems so. Puh, a hard time will come:D
    But at the moment, I also have my fun on mountain passes in the Alps:)

Attached Files:

14. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes. Yes. Yes. Ye......s!
    This would be one of the most useful implementations, this product can receive. I don't know about other users, i can just speak for myself. But already for different cars (now also with the fiddle brake) and when changing rims, the profile for controls is almost mandatory.

I change controller profiles by the savegame folder right now, but also always re-assign a new controller file after updates and it becomes quite annoying... :D'

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The Ferrari 640 used in 1989 was the first formula 1 car using semi automatic gearbox and paddle shifters. Clutch was only used for starting procedure. The car was pretty fast, but not very reliable. Berger only finished 3 races, Mansell 6. But they were at the podium each time they managed to end a race. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  16. Lucas Vieira

Lucas Vieira Member

I already gave my suggestion in Feauture Request tread, to try to solve this "problem".

If we had official multiplayer races, lobby's created by Reiza, with fixed car, fixed pratice / qualy and race times, like 10m pratice / 5m qualy / 10-15m race, every hour or more, with open lobby every hour, probably will estimulate people to play more often on multiplayer.

The Feature Request Thread...

I know it has much more involve than we could possible imagine. But i'm positive that a system like that, which we have in Iracing, GT Sport, ACC and others, probably will help to balance the MP.

BTW, great work at last updated. The Ultima its so fun to drive right now. Feels so much real, without spining on slow corners.

17. Haris1977

Haris1977 Active Member

I agree.

I know that Reiza has a lot of work with AMS 2 these days but, pleaaaase take a look at your other "products" as well.

And i refer to the Reiza Car Pack developed for S397 studio (rFactor 2). Those cars seem to ignore stabilize horizon settings (cockpit is too bumpy). And yes Head physics and lock to horizon are both disabled in my settings. This is very distracting especially in tracks like Sebring.

Reiza I know you are busy but plz @Renato Simioni take a look at this..

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

You're correct of course, I keep forgetting about the 640. My excuse is that the question was about the 90s :whistle::D

• Like Like x 2
  19. alink

and that was more luck than anything else,
    nearly a crash of the teammates

• Like Like x 1
  20. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

There are some great skins (nearly whole field) on Discord! Agree on the cars though, freaking brilliant and the camera movement is pretty spot on for these cars also!

• Agree Agree x 2