1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheater in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JürgenRodrigo, Aug 18, 2020.

1. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

look at the laptimes compared to everyone else. For example the world record for Taruma is 123.6 I believe. He was doing 1.18/1.19 in a race. His car doesn't even slide and these cars slide a lot. They are fun to drive because of it. If you think this is because of setup well I think it was fixed setups.

As for the other one at Spielberg in the wet.. Jesus! The other cars understeer terribly whilst he sails round the corners. He was lapping people and rocketing past them. It was like watching Multiclass.

I'm sorry if you can't see this is blatant hacking/cheating then god help you in real life.

Just realised who I was talking to now I need to have a shower.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Worth noting that any time you watch a replay or ride with another driver mid session on the monitor, the movement is very 'low res'.
    It's not accurate enough to show oversteer or much else at all really.
    Not saying this person isn't cheating but I don't think car behaviour in a replay is a reliable way to tell.

3. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

I am done with this topic! I could upload the replay files but what is the point? Believe what the hell you want. He can carry on cheating on P2P servers and laughing at people's gullibility. Isn't that what trolls do?

Meanwhile the sparsely populated online races while diminish even further. Who wants to race against a cheat? Maybe then he will move on to another easy target with a higher profile.

Oh and to let TONIWARE a hacker/cheater freely use and post on your forum is quite an oversight! Even when he freely admits to looking 'in the games memory' and simply looking at all his post history/avatar he really is brazen and obviously treats people here with pure contempt.
    Tyres Tyres Tyres

Bottom line, there's always people wiling to cheat and it is near impossible to eradicate (look at COD and their resources) i just hope people like him don't put people off playing this great sim online.

4. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

i think you messunderstod what toniware was telling. I think he'll have a look an the shared memory that is publicy accessable for everyone whose coding e.g. dash boards. Temps are no hidden secrets

5. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Yes I have made an accusation against him and to be clear I think Master Looser/Ninja and Toniware are one and the same. Can I prove it? Nope! The coincidences are too many for me, but hey I could be wrong. For example even his avatar picture is the same as the picture on his steam account.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As I clearly said in my post, I'm not saying I don't think the person is a cheater. It's very obvious from seeing their YouTube channel that they are. 100%, beyond doubt, admitted and boasted about.
    All I was saying, which is still true, is that the data in a replay for anyone except the person who recorded it is overly simplified and won't show if the driver is struggling for grip.

7. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

guilty till proven innocent, i guess?

8. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

LOL ... its just a picture, anyone could have used it :)

9. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Correct - or rather its even worse because even if you watch your own replays you are not seing how the car originally behaved. :rolleyes:
    In a sim like AMS2 who does only record simple waypoints in a replay its more or less impossible to check what the car really was doing when the replay was recorded.
    Tire Temps and Replay

10. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

Genuinely, thankyou for the information and link BrunoB and I stand corrected. Makes my question of telemetry included in replays I was going to ask probably a mute point. Although I wonder technically if it is possible to include telemetry data with a replay say for example, after a race with this game engine? The uses for this would be to make cheating harder but more interestingly you could analyse and compare other drivers to yourself and even how your and others setups work in race conditions.

I remember Grand Prix Legends had a replay analyser which was a superb piece of software written by the community. You could load up a lap by the great Greger Huttu and directly compare it to your own pitiful attempt and this was decades ago. I appreciate you can load a ghost lap but afaik you cannot glean any telemetry from it.

Sorry for going off topic and apologise beforehand if this has probably been covered on a prior discussion.

11. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

Racing games seems to be a different business these days, it's all about to offer more content instead offer a better product. I can't guilt Reiza, it's more about what the clients want, more products without much care of the details. A game with 50 cars never could be as accurated as a game with just one kind of cars. I would buy a new GPL with my eyes closed.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

At this point in time, I believe your only option is to record telemetry with a 3rd party application like RST Software or the Telemetry app. With that, you can save the recorded telemetry data for later analysis

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. BrunoB

My guess is that this is not possible exactly because the only thing that is recorded/saved in a sim like AMS2 is the waypoints I mentioned.
    That is also the reason you cannot convert a replay to a video without starting the game up again and "ask" it to load the simple waypoint path in the replay trying to replicate what the car should do following these waypoints.
    And bytheway if I recall right then exactly such a conversion from replay to video was possible for the forerunner of iRacing the NR2003 using a 3rd part prog called ReplayAnalyzer.
    But only because NR2003 did record a "full" replay that also included your wanted telemetry data.:cool:

ByTheWay: While we are discussing this rather simplified replay recording in modern sims - have you ever wondered why the car in a replay does allways look a lot more controlled and smooth than what you remembered from the actual lap(s)?:D

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
  14. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

I think we can measure a delta between point a and point b in various places
    of the track, comparing with specific car laptime and use the data in an algorithm, and report anomalous times with a flag

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Watched the Taruma one, definitely cheating. Should be clear to anyone that has driven that class around that track. I feel bad for this person, missing out on the joy of actually driving proper and the thrill of competition.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Maser V6

Maser V6 Assume nothing._ Verify everything._Have fun AMS2 Club Member

Ref Retro race.
    From my car he had a different name "Ninja".
    m----looser was not shown in my hud, hence when I cngrats on lap time to you then saw that Ninja had put is a faster q time had to do same to him.
    How can a player show different names in the same race?

• Like Like x 1
  17. ramsay

ramsay Active Member

That what I was wondering Maser... thought I was going mad at the time. I have no idea. But I do not wish to give oxygen to that particular individual and the following on topic is much more interesting to me (if it is not too off topic) on telemetry. I would gladly pay to have that feature incorporated into the sim but appreciate it probably isn't viable.

18. BrunoB

Hehe I just watched the 1st one in rain - it looks pretty obvious :rolleyes:
    He has even more grip than I have with my best setup on a dry track.:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

no idea where u have this waypoint stuff from, there are physics in the replays
    the reason why your car looks like its acting weirdly is cuz the delta between the recorded data is huge, prolly to save memory, in ac(c) u can set how much mb/gb u want maximum for a replay, which doesnt exist here, so i assume they just went for a low tickinterval by default.
    then the datapoints are being interpolated.

tldr, there are physics, the datapoints are just spread quite far apart which leads to inaccurate playbacks and alot of missing data, the interpolation smooths things out so u dont have teleports and abrupt changes such as steerangle going from one site to another from one frame to another

heres an example of how it would work for the steeringwheel/steerangle, same applies to physics and everything else in the replay, but its just easier to show with steering:

the red circles show the steerangle at each datapoint, the green line shows the interpolated position between the points
    the blue boxes show steering angle that accured between the datapoints and is completly ignored in the demo.
    its exaggerated but should give u a general idea of whats going on
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. BrunoB

Good example of exactly what Im saying.:cool:
    The only difference is that you for some reason want to call the simple waypoints for datapoints.

But why call them datapoints when the data they hold (like as example your mentioned steering angle) is completely ignored?:whistle:
    And just like your nice drawing shows then the reconstructed path in the replay is solely dependent of the simple waypoints.
    But again for some reason you need to rename the path between waypoints to a something called "center".

ByTheWay: Good drawing - I couldnt have underlined my point better. Appreciated.:)

waypoint & path.png