1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Push to Talk

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by deadly, Aug 19, 2020.

1. DaWorstPlaya

DaWorstPlaya Active Member

I'm guessing you're asking about "Push to talk" (PTT) because you come from the world of iRacing. Most other racing sims don't have PTT (including AMS2), you have to use a 3rd party app for voice comms. So there is no way to talk to other drivers in random races, you have to use the chat box (type in it). I think majority use an app called Discord to chat in various racing leagues. You can set up "Push to Talk" in Discord.

• Like Like x 1
  2. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

there is actually a voip manager in the game, so i am pretty sure the foundation for a voicechat is already there.
    whether or not they want to turn it on and if its actually functional is up to the devs.

3. B Stu

B Stu Member

Just use Steam voice chat if it's only for friends? A general voice chat in lobbys could be.....interesting )

4. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

I think it would be a total waste of the devs time to bother with an in-game voice chat feature. Steam, Discord and TeamSpeak can all serve this purpose and are free downloads. It would literally be fixing a problem which doesn't exist.

Besides, as others have said, public server "chat" would just be a bunch of a-holes shouting, screaming and arguing in the middle of a race. Groups of friends and racing communities are very likely already using the above apps, and have guidelines on it's use during events.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

There is allways some who instinctively is against changes. Any changes:D
    But eventhough this talking possibility is probably not missed by people who have never experienced it functioning in a racing game - then these people would probably change their minds slightly ;) if they had experienced what impact such a voicing possibility gives to the feeling of community and camaraderie in a virtual game.
    But saying that then opening the possibility for chatter and jawing while the race is going on is a complete pest.

ByTheWay: Taken from iRacing then before and after a race it is often some very positive and also often usefull messages that is shared - hehe while inside the race its only the idiots that is in the air.:eek:

• Agree Agree x 1