1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AioLogs SQ Shifter Not Working In AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by TSP, Jul 31, 2020.

1. TSP

TSP New Member

First off my set up is a Podium DD2 with Club Sport V3 Pedals plugged into the DD2. Along with a 2019 AioLogs SQ Shifter. Using a Podium Hub with a Momo Mod26 wheel.

I can’t get my AioLogs SQ shifter working in game. If I’m using the only controller scheme that I should be using (Fanatec DD2) when I try to assign the AioLogs SQ I get nothing. No response. It doesn’t get recognized.

If I switch to the CUSTOM controller scheme I can assign the AioLogs SQ shifter. When I do that the “up shifts” become “button 1” and down shifts” become “button 0”

The problem is when I change my wheel Scheme to CUSTOM or LEGACY I can’t calibrate the steering wheel. When I try I get an error message saying “Not all required controls are assigned. Please assign these before continuing.”

If I’m in CUSTOM and I try “manually” assigning the wheel Axis it doesn’t work. I get an error message saying “Multiple inputs were detected. No action was assigned.”

I can assign my pedals in the Edit Assignments section just fine. That doesn’t seem to be a problem. If I jump in a race though, my pedals and AioLogs shifter work correctly but I have no steering.

Ive also tried putting my DD2 into 2.5 compatibility mode like I had to with PC2. It doesn’t work though. I had this same problem with my AioLogs SQ in PC2 as well and I was never able to getting working. Part of the reason I walked away from that title and haven’t loaded it up in over a year.

I’ve tried setting my pedals as “Separate” in game as well as in the Fanatec driver. Nothing!

Idk what to do. Little things like this leave such a bad taste in my mouth and will probably effect my overall outlook on AMS2. I could really use some help. I’m kinda coming to the conclusion it’s because my pedals are plugged into the back of the DD2 and not via USB to the PC.

I just would have figured with AMS being considered a pretty hardcore sim there wouldn’t be any compatibility issue and there would be a ton of hardware configurations....as well as multiple hardware profile saving like all other sims have.

Also with all the Fanatec billboards and signs over saturating many tracks in AMS2 Id figure I wouldn’t have any issues with anything Fanatec related. For the most part I don’t but like most probably playing AMS2 we might have slightly modified setups.

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Which driver are you using for the DD2? The DD's of Fanatec are known to be released way too early and has issues.

Anyway.

• Try running the DD2 with more or less than 540 degrees and see if it maps the wheel
    • Use Custom Wheel, separate pedals
    • Go to button assignments and see if you can map your wheel
    • First post of Automobilista 2 (PC) - Fanatec Recommended Settings might help.
    • Try to unplug your pedals and aiologs and then map your wheel. Then plug everything in one by one. Perhaps ''Multiple inputs were detected. No action was assigned.'' because one of your devices keeps giving inputs when not in use or so.
    No need to be angry. It's not AMS 2. It's something on your side. You can make it work. DD's of Fanatec are wonkey and stubborn.

I am using CSW 2.5, HE Sprints, HE SEQ and Fanatec v1.5 shifter without problems.

You can do it! <3 :cool::cool::cool:

3. Scoops

Scoops Member

“Multiple inputs were detected. No action was assigned.”

Although I have a different setup I had the same problem assigning the wheel inputs. I followed this thread

Accuforce Direct Drive Wheel - Cannot Assign Steering

And I can now assign my wheel manually although it’s not always first time. More of a knack to learn for me.

4. TSP

TSP New Member

I got it working. Thanks for the help. I guess I blame the game cause Ive had no issues with iRacing, RF2, AC, ACC, RaceRoom and Dirt Rally 2.0. Only PC2 and AMS2. I do have issues with Content Manager of all things. It just doesn’t like my setup. Constantly having to rebind all my buttons and button boxes.

Heres what I did>

I had to disconnect the pedals and shifter and set the wheel rotation to 540. Assign and calibrate the wheel, then plug in the pedals, change them to “SEPARATE” then assign and calibrate them as well.

Finally plug in the AioLogs SQ and assign it it for up and down shifts. Quit the game, go back into the Fanatec driver and set the wheel rotation back to “AUTO”. Boot the game back up and recalibrate the wheel. I also recalibrated the pedals.

It took a couple of reboots and messing with the wheel rotation. I couldn’t get it working with any number other then 540. But all works now so I’m happy. Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Scoops

Scoops Member

No worries seems to be a knack getting the wheel assigned and calibrated.

Glad you got it sorted

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@TSP Glad you got it working. Keep a back up of your AMS 2 folder in my documents. Just in case. Or better just back up the controller.sav or so. It can also be usefull to upgrade the driver, but first inform at Fanatec Beta Drivers-subsection.

Happy racing!

7. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Well i have have the same problem and can understand your frustration. i am also unable to set the DD2 in Custom or Legacy mode. Set sensitivity to 540 and turn the wheel to set steer left, nothing registers. Set it to 900 and get multiple input error.

whats frustrating for me is it works fine in every other game except PC2, no supprise there

8. TSP

TSP New Member

Do you have pedals plugged into the DD2? If you do unplug them. Also try anything between 540 and 900. I think I even restarted my pc or maybe just the game after I unplugged everything and changed the wheel rotation.

9. Petrolhead

No as i using HE pro pedals. Will try between 500 and 900 however confidence is low.

why is it soooo hard in this game compared to all the others, PC2 not included

10. TSP

TSP New Member

I know man. You’d think with all the Fanatec banners plastered all over the tracks you wouldn’t have any issues with Fanatec gear.
    I know in PC2 I have to switch the DD2 into compatibility mode to get it to work.

However if I wanna use my AioLogs shifter too I have to set it up exactly like I did here in AMS2.

I also didn’t adjust my wheel rotation from the steering wheel or FanaLab. I set it in the Fanatec driver in widows....outside of the game. I think I tried it from the wheel while In the game as well as Alt -tab out and into the driver and it didn’t work. I had to quit the game to do it.

Have you tried assigning the axis in edit button assignments first? Then go into “wheel scheme” select custom then calibrate? Or try that in reverse

11. Petrolhead

Well, i was showing a friend of mine and guess what, managed to get the left and right steer to work, then the pedals would not register so restarted the game and they now do.

Its a pity that Reiza Studios are keen to develop new tracks and cars but slow to fix all the bugs. To me you need to make the base product right before delving into new things, just my opinion

12. TSP

TSP New Member

Good to hear. It’s a serious pain in the butt and they should fix it.

It seems like Reiza is on the right track when it comes to fixing stuff. Although things I’d really like to see fixed aren’t being fixed. My biggest pet peeve at the moment is driver models.

I race in VR and most of, if not all the Formula cars, the driver either doesn’t have a shifting animation. Or they do shift but they aren’t grabbing the shifter and their arm is clipping through the side of the cockpit.

Or their shifting on the opposite side of where the shifter is located. Plus their bodies are clipping through the floor. Just generally messed up.

If you race in VR it’s really important to have a good driver models with accurate smooth animations. It can be really distracting and take you out if the immersion if the drivers hands aren’t even grabbing the steering wheel.

Or one hand is permanently clipping though the steering wheel. It really sucks as even the new cars that have come out since the official release have this problem. It’s like, how can they release this without the words BETA or ALPHA attached to it.

13. Scoops

Scoops Member

Agree there are several niggling bugs that cause the immersion to be lost. If you haven’t been part of the journey that AMS2 has been on for the last few months you would look on Steam and see a V1.0 and see early access removed and expect a full polished finished game. So gear change animation and problems with setting up hardware don’t match with reasonable expectations for what you have bought.
    The good news is that Reiza appear to be addressing all the issues raised and improving the sim on a monthly if not weekly basis. They have a track record of long term improvement and have said as much for AMS2.
    If that’s not what you want to buy into then go for a refund on Steam if still available to you. If not pick up on the other Sims and come back here in a few months and see how it’s progressed. You may find it’s moved on and much closer to your expectations. Life’s too short to put this to the top of your worry list.