1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The dedicated Accuforce FFB Thread

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Wayne Whitmore, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Juan Reinoso

Juan Reinoso Doctor SimRacing AMS2 Club Member

Do you have soft lock with New FFB?

2. Steve Bernstein

Steve Bernstein New Member AMS2 Club Member

3. Tr51

Tr51 Member AMS2 Club Member

nothing new ? :whistle:

4. Wayne Whitmore

Wayne Whitmore Active Member AMS2 Club Member

9.2.1 Update:
    This update has brought a smoother more detailed and connected feeling between the road the car and the driver. The outside influences of SC4 are being able to be wound back and let the game take over. In game “Gain” has been increased to 45 to compensate the lighter overall FFB that resulted from dialling back the SC4 influence.

The negative FFB feeling when at the limit of the tyre is now replaced with total feel of the car during maximum adhesion of the tyre to the road.

I am not needing it but FX can still be added to the users liking but after 50 it just adds increased grainy feeling and rattling noises from my wheel. It is almost time to revert to "new default" custom FFB file which I expect to happen with the next update.
    SC4 FFB effects filtering has been replaced with much more overall filtering.
    9.2.1 device set.JPG 9.2.1 profile.JPG 9.2.1 In game.JPG

5. Tr51

Tr51 Member AMS2 Club Member

I tried not to use SC4 ... I must say that I found myself very well anyway :)

6. Douglas Antônio

Douglas Antônio New Member

Estou acompanhando porque recentemente adquiri um v2 pro .

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wayne Whitmore

9.5.1 UPDATE:
    This new build has brought some interesting changes. Initial feel after updating was very light about the centre and a lot of grainy feeling and increased rattling from my wheel. I went through trying to fine tune as I have done with previous builds but did not seem to be able to improve the FFB. In desperation I turned off the wheel FFB in the SC4 profile but after doing this I found that the game was still using FFB when it should not have any.

I went to the SC4 games list and deleted the Automobiista 2 steam entry and then had SC4 auto detect games again for it to reinstall AMS2. I did not delete the profiles I had made but just needed to re-tell the profile what game the profile should be connected to. After doing this I could turn FFB on and off in SC4 and the game responded as expected.

I could now go about setting up the profile again which has led to two distinctive outcomes.
    1. SC4 with inputs that use no LFB or FX in game
    2. SC4 minimum input and using in game LFB & FX

I find both very great to use and have trouble deciding between the two which I like best so I show both here that other Accuforce wheel users can try and decide for themselves.

1. SC4 with inputs that use no LFB or FX in game
    9.5.1 no FX LFB profile.JPG 9.5.1 no FX LFB.JPG
    2. SC4 minimum input and using in game LFB & FX
    9.5.1 profile.JPG 9.5.1 with FX LFB profile.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wayne Whitmore

9.6 Update:
    With these new changes 9.6 is now the best overall FFB performance since the beginning of the BETA installs.
    The initial feel after the update is that FFB is much stronger than 9.5. So I needed to delete the Automobilista 2 folder from the my documents folder and reconfigure all inputs again. Something I did notice when reconfiguring was that performance changes did not come with a warning to restart for the changes to become active.
    With a new controller folder setup when first entering the pits pedal movement has now added increased sensitivity so the I had to add more dead zone to the throttle to rectify.
    Config 9.6.JPG
    Additional Simcommander 4 signal inputs no longer needed. Both foundation and Lat- G inputs have been removed from the profile as well as game FFB smoothing reduced to 30%. No changes have been made to the device settings.
    I was unable to find any useful FFB sensations by adding any in game LFB or FX.
    9.6 profile.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  9. ScythieVR

ScythieVR New Member

Thank you very much!

10. blanes

blanes Member

Interesting what you guys like and I must be totally different in the way I like to feel the wheel. To me I add the absolute minimum of any sort of smoothing as to me it just deadens the dynamic range of the road effects.

I have overall smoothing at 1.4% and game smoothing at 2.75% because otherwise I feel it dampens the effects and makes small details of the road and tires just a bland rumble with no definition. I also use Responsive (peaks allowed) to boost road detail and strengthen the overall FFB. I try get the most range out of the FFB as is possible. No other effects in SC4 except sometimes a bit of Road Bump.

11. Wayne Whitmore

Thanks for your input @blanes it is always interesting how others feel FFB in sims. I will also try as you set out, previously for me responsive peaks allowed gave me quite a large jarring effect from road bumps. Nice to have an array of settings known to give a good sim experience (excuse the pun)

12. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

hehe yes interesting how we prefer our wheels. with the most recent custom, Heavy ???? , is so far the best for me, getting close to FFB Nirvana now. I added a little bit of smoothing in SC4 as I don't like the rattle effect of the wheel especially when you're going in a straight line. I also added a little friction in SC4 too which gives a bit of weight to the center. I honestly can't imagine how it could possibly get any better than it is now. I've never had such confidence because I'm completely in tune with the car and its dynamics. I'm able to position so much more precisely and to generally exert so much finer control, tbh I'm quite stunned at the result, it is a new class of FFB imho.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Juan Reinoso

With little smoothing it reminds me of my old g27 with a lot of noise and cracking inside the steering wheel :D

I have not made any more reports of my configuration because they have been changing the FFB quite often, when v1.0 comes out I will be publishing my configuration again :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Haiden

Haiden New Member

I was driving the V10 at Suzuka last night and felt what I thought was clipping going into turn one at high speed where the FFB ramps up. I've never felt that before, because my gain isn't high, but was pretty sure it was clipping. When I checked the lap telemetry in the Lap Analyzer, I saw the Wheel Force feedback as stalling at 50% in those areas. For some reason, the wheel game seems to be clipping, and the wheel stalls at 50% torque. This doesn't happen with any other sim. And I don't recall ever feeling this before in AMS2. It's been a few weeks since I've tried it, and I know a few updates were made since then. Does anyone know what would cause this? In-game, I only have a Gain at 45. LFB is like 5, and FX at well under 50 (I think 35).

15. Juan Reinoso

SimCommander Settings:
    • Mode: 3-Default
    • Intensity FFB: 100%
    • General Smoothing: 39,22%
    • Stop Spring: 6%
    • Stop Dampener: 0%
    • DOR: 900°

Effects:
    • Game FFB: 95%
    • Smoothing Game FFB: 15,69%
    • Damping: 1,18%
    • Friction: 1,18%
    • Dynamic Oscillation Stationary: 50%
    • Engine RPM: 10,01%
    • Road Bumps: 5%
      • Bumps 90%
      • Road Rumble 40%
      • Smoothing 15
    In Game Settings:
    • Default FFB Gain: 55-60%
    • LFB: 0%
    • FX: 0%

I invite you to my discord where I put my wheel config of my games: Join the Doctor Sim Racing Discord Server!

16. Wayne Whitmore

Thanks for the invite joined your channel but not able to read messages no permission

Cloud tuning has now been enabled for AMS2 but not been good so far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Juan Reinoso

Thanks for the feedback, I Will check the permisions

18. Des Pearce

Des Pearce New Member

Question about AMS2 but also the Accuforce in general.

In AMS2 how do I get the onscreen wheel rotation to match the actual lock I'm applying?

How do I dial down the overall strength of the wheel? I want to feel all the detail but only use around 50% of the available torque, do I use the slider "Accuforce Steering Wheel" Intensity or the "Game Force Feedback" Intensity slider?

Attached Files:

19. Wayne Whitmore

@Des Pearce Using Accuforce Intensity is the likely choice to suit your needs. In the device settings screen choose the number of degrees rotation you wish to drive with then calibrate the wheel using the AMS2 controller settings.

20. Des Pearce

Des Pearce New Member

Thanks, I'd basically forgot to calibrate the wheel so that fixed it. Using gain in AMS2 was the fix in this game, I'll try that slider in the others.