1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheater in Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by JürgenRodrigo, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

In my humble opinion, I don't think that such a complicated (though much more precise) approach is implementable.
    If a specific file has been modified you can very simply check the hash and verify it against a data table.

File verification - Wikipedia

2. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

cuz waypoint sounds like coordinates on the track, whereas this has much more depth, such as physics, angle of the car etc
    a simple waypoint system would not show carlean, locked up tires, steeringangle, brake appl it would essentially be just a "walkbot" going from one coordinate to another, without respecting anything else, which isnt the case.

min/center/max is supposed to illustrate where the steering is shown on screen in respect to min being eg all the left, max all the way right and center being the center.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  3. MasterLooser

pretty much only works against pre-runtime modifications, bytechecking a liverunning program is eating alot of performance since u constantly loop over all the instructions(bytes) and compare them.
    it can be done, but its also extremly easy to patch(aka remove).
    you would prolly want multiple bytechecks that also loop over the bytecheck code itself to verify its own integrity, then u prolly want something that checks the bytecheck-check code etc etc.
    and in the end its just a matter of how much is the other perosn willing to patch.
    but then again VEH can jump to a different section, altering the code flow without bytecheck detection, so the integrity check is just a performance sink but doesnt really help against what u are trying todo.

has been done in the division and was patched within minutes of being released

the stuff we are talking about is the replay system, which is offtopic here anyways

4. Beccobunsen

Beccobunsen Well-Known Member

Is VAC implementable in this situation, and is still a valid method?

5. MasterLooser

cant tell how good vac works in thirdparty games, but since its not doing very well in their own games, i would go with "no"

6. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

what a poor existence who thinks he/she is a hero when cheating hiscores.
    You mostly cheat yourself pal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. SuperMonaco_GP

SuperMonaco_GP Active Member

i'm sorry but i've seen some driving videos of nemesis, and using 270/360 degrees of rotation on every car i guess it's the best way to reach those lap times. i will never understand why he does like that, and what kind of enjoyment he could get from it, it looks really silly seeing a gt1 or group c cars driven like that.

8. MasterLooser

u take playing video games too serious if u get triggered by that guys comment

anyhow i am pretty sure thats a bot trying to get some revenue in for his new bf2042 cheat

9. Wolfgang Herold

no. This is a general statement and my pure position.
    It can be funny to use cheats, but in competition you only cheat yourself in the end.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

i would argue that all races in ams2 atm are just for fun except if u are in some type of league that is super serious a la esport

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wolfgang Herold

the more drivers take it serious, the more serious it will get.
    Hosts should start to sometimes just host, not to drive themselfes.
    Watch and direct their sessions, warn, kick and blacklist wreckers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. hu uashdiasuh

hu uashdiasuh Member

i think the host (atleast if its a quick create server (clicking on create in the multiplayer serverbrowser)) has no authority. i think all he can do is start a votekick, but that literally never goes through aspecially not during a race.

and basically noone seems to join dedicated servers

13. Wolfgang Herold

there are some known hosters that are active in starting P2P sessions.
    So all they'll have to do ist start it on a DS as race director.
    People follow a host or participate on filled sessions. Thats all.
    Its irrelevant if this session is P2P or DS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. florian ray

florian ray New Member

I have seen one thing that raised questions... Recently I tried a car offline in "time trial" that I havent used yet. So I took the setup of the board leader and also loaded his ghost. In one lap I was directly behind him and got a little bit better line trough a long fast corner after the corner we had EXACTLY the same speed, but then he pulled away. Same car, same setup huh. At the used setup there is no alternatve gear... 6th is too long and 4th much to short... So what can this be? Is it cheating or the updated car (it is a not competitive car in its class so why making it slower). Any thoughts? BR Florian

15. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

What car and track combination?

16. florian ray

florian ray New Member

Answering that, would be like a blame ;-) but i dont blame as long as there are other possibilities like the updates... I understand that this doesnt make it easier to reply in a way that makes sense... Have a video of it and I put it on the shelf for maybe later ;-)

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  17. CrimsonEminence

You can PM me, if you want to.

18. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

It's not about banning someone but rather finding out if it was a car that ended up being nerfed some time ago. Some cars like the Puma GT5 had full boost originally and were toned down when other cars were added to BoP them.

But yes, DM Crimson if you don't want to point fingers in public. :)

19. CrimsonEminence

Yup accurate. There is also still a leaderboard reset pending, that can't be done yet, because there is a significant revision of physics incoming. so the case will probably solve itself anyway. Many leaderboards are quite outdated after so much changes to several car-classes right now. :)

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. dryheat94

dryheat94 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

It only makes sense to reset the leaderboards when ranked is released end of year. There will also be a lot of new players coming to the game at that point. A good time to start fresh, imho.