1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game runs at half speed after a few minutes

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by enzocarbone, Aug 25, 2020.

1. enzocarbone

enzocarbone New Member AMS2 Club Member

Almost every time I play after a certain time the game runs at half speed and even the frame rate became the half then after about a minute suddenly accelerate (it seems a time warp) and return to run at normal speed.
    It always happens when I return to game after I saw a replay.
    Does it happens to you?

2. F1 Hero

F1 Hero Active Member

If I understand what you mean, you are having a strong fps drop during a minute that is causing the game to run on "half speed".

Is it happening in all tracks or just one?

Have you tried reducing the graphics quality (reflections, shadows, anti-aliasing) to see if the problem persists?

Maybe a new process running on Windows background that is consuming some of your PC resources while you are playing (this happened to me once in another game)?

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  3. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

That could be CPU throttling. I remember a similar thing in PC2. Also, check your power settings in windows for CPU min/max% and set them to 100%.

4. enzocarbone

enzocarbone New Member AMS2 Club Member

I’ll try this afternoon and tell you a feedback. What can I do for CPU trottling?

5. Sampo

Sampo Member AMS2 Club Member

Make sure your CPU doesn't overheat. If you are overclocking the CPU, remove the OC and see if the slowdown happens again. Your system specs would help with troubleshooting, btw.