1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Formula V10 Gen1 Tyre Wear

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by deadly, Aug 26, 2020.

1. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

The Formula V10 Gen1 and McLaren MP4/12 are really fun to drive, but I feel the tyre wear is extreme. After 4 or 5 laps, my front tyres are half gone. Is it supposed to be like that or am I missing something within the setups?

2. InfernalVortex

InfernalVortex Active Member

Just ignore it... I find the tire wear is more psychological than actual. Im sure the grip isnt a 1 to 1 linear decrease with the wear. maybe someone has more details, but I found that if I just ignore it Im usually okay.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Tyre wear apparently does not have impact in the cars I usually drive (formulas) and I and other people have reported this issue many times since many build ago.

I'm sure Reiza has it on their to do list.

4. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

Like @InfernalVortex said, don't look at the HUD too much. I ran the McLaren MP4/12 around Interlagos today, and while especially the fronts went down very rapidly, it only really became noticable around lap 15 with quite a margin left according to the HUD.

When the generic F-V10 Gen1 was new I was running it around Silverstone with the HUD off and after several laps I noticed the tires were losing overall grip. when I turned the HUD back on the left front was completely gone

5. lawgicau

lawgicau Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agreed some cars don't seem to be affected by cold tyres and tyre wear. Even if the HUD shows otherwise.
    The formula trainer is one exception. It's sketchy on cold tyres and starts to understeer once the wear reaches half.