1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HUD and necessary options

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Capocha V, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Capocha V

Capocha V New Member

I would like to talk about the HUD available in AMS 2, at least for the in-race situation.
    I can not believe that there isn't a Relative Time Gap and/or a Position bar to know what is your actual position in the grid and the differences with the car ahead, behind or whatever I wish. I mean, I'm missing some display option? I truly can't find anything similar that satisfies this necessity.
    And also I can talk about the "Potential lap time" that is simply awful and anti intuitive.
    With hope that Reiza can fix/add this options, I already enjoy the game, it's gorgeous in the cars-tracks aspect and it's potential.
    I think it can be better, and this little options are fundamentals. Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Heitor Facuri Cicoti

Heitor Facuri Cicoti Good Member AMS2 Club Member

After loading a track, go to Options > Edit HUD Layout, choose the preset you want, click on the gadget you want to edit, then on LEVEL to cicle through them. One of them is Relative Times (should be on center left), select LEVEL Full.

For the delta bar, you can assign a button to cicle through the different split times: Options > Controls > Edit Assignments > Game > Split Times. You can select for reference lap your previous, best, or potential. Or disable it.

• Like Like x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
  3. ViggenAJ37

ViggenAJ37 New Member

Okay, I'm not the OP, but that worked for me, thanks!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Magnus

Magnus Active Member

Necessary options - more room to move the HUD elements around in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mike1304

Mike1304 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay I play AMS2 in VR but I think my problem should be the same for nonVR users too...
    I adjust the HUD elements once (which is not funny especially in VR) so that those elements don’t overlap with the rear view mirror or the side mirrors but as soon as I switch into another car it often happens that those elements DO overlap and for example the minimap is overlapping with the rear view mirror. In VR this looks disturbing and immersion breaking because of the different 3D depth position which hurts the eyes. But even in nonVR mode I wouldn’t want this overlapping.

Question 1: Is there some kind of “standard HUD position” which works for ALL car cockpit models?
    Or an option which automatically repositions the HUD elements so that they don’t interfere with the mirrors?

Second question: is it possible to change the scale of the minimap? I don’t mean the size of the HUD element but the scale. I want to see more of the track. Now I see a long straight for example but not the next corner because of the too small scale. When I see the corner on the minimap it’s almost too late to react and brake and turn in... I hope you know what I mean...

6. Raf Nix

Raf Nix New Member

What does the "USE GRID" option mean? What does it do in VR especially?

7. GregzVR

GregzVR P1 passion, P10 talent.

It snaps the elements to invisible grid lines when moving them. With it set to off, you can move the elements 100% smoothly, pixel-to-pixel.

8. mansell

mansell Member

i wish we could have the HUD also in replays.
    the throttle/accelerator, steering, revs and shifts, brake and tire temps and delta could help us see what we did right or wrong and how we did it or learn from our mistakes in replays, with slow motion and different camera views.
    now we can only guess: did i brake late? did i apply full throttle? did i trailbrake good? how much this tap on the brake of the lift of actually was? maybe i should shift later? does brake later gave me the time gain i was expected? how much time cost me this curb i cut?

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1