1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recreate Dashboard cameras like the ones from ACC

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Pixel, Aug 28, 2020.

1. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

How would you go an about doing this? I would love to get a similar view. I've done the Ctrl-k shortcut, and moved the camera around, but I just can't fully replicate the view. I basically want some view of the dashboard, not seeing the top and sides of windshield, and no view of the drivers hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gagaryn

Gagaryn Out To Lunch AMS2 Club Member

Without opening a massive can of worms - adjust FOV until you get the view you desire

3. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There is a setting to hide the drivers hands / steering wheel. Other than that, moving the seat position and changing FOV are your options.

4. Aza340

Aza340 Active Member

Yes just moving the seat position forward and up slightly with wheel and driver off would do it .

5. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Would you need to adjust this for each individual car? Also, is there any way to reset views only?

6. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

I’m a big fan of dash cams for GTs too, so let me know if you have any joy please OP - Dirt Rally has great dash cams too

7. Matías Corvino

Matías Corvino New Member

Fully agree, I think that the system used in ACC is by far the best, with two set of first person cameras per car, fully customizable.

8. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Unfortunately this is impossible to do. You can adjust the view with ctrl k but it resets after every race. Also, there seems to be a new bug where the FOV only adjust if you pause and unpause the game.

9. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If you do most of your adjustments with WASD before you go into ctrl-k I think it saves the position. You can get pretty good camera positions in AMS2