1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 V1.0.2.5 Update Released - Now Updated to V1.0.2.7

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - News & Announcements' started by Renato Simioni, Aug 22, 2020.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That is awesome then

2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Now I'm back from holiday and tried the latest version.
    Either, it's because I had much training in driving on many, many mountain passes through the alps or AMS has a new and different feeling? I'm surprised the cars don't have this will to understeer anymore!
    The MP4/12 is really a fantastic car and a big win for AMS.
    But it's a little bit 'nudely', something is missing on the sidepods, rear wing and top front nose. Maybe a fake West-logo?
    By the way, the original McLaren Cars orange painting is really good!
    Now and as always, I'm excited what will come next.
    Great work Reiza, thank you :D 43134649771_38d49d1141_b.jpg

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

There are skins available for this, maybe see if on RD.

4. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

004.jpg
    This update adds the Broadcast Suite for Multiplayer races and complements our release from last week with several other fixes & improvements, wrapping up a productive month of August.

IMPORTANT: Please note that cars with relevant default setup changes (specially differential changes which most cars have had adjusted) requires you to reset your car setup to default in case any modifications were made to the previous default - to reset all setups (autosaved or not) you may opt to delete the contents of Documents\Automobilista 2\savegame\123456789\automobilista 2\tuningsetups folder (noting the bold number folder will vary from system to system); you do not however need to delete your entire user profile folder.

We now move on to the next major update which should arrive late in September - this Monday however you may already get a glance at what is in the works in our Monthly Development Update!

V1.0.2.7 CHANGELOG:
    • Fixed UI issue when creating new Multiplayer game that would prevent selecting a dedicated server when "-selectds" switch is used (allows the first session of a game controlled dedicated server to be created from the client instead of requiring use of the http UI)
    • Added broadcast control / spectator screens for Multiplayer sessions
    • Adjusted Lobby to support broadcast role assignment
    • Updated simulated lap speed logic used in live gap readings & track limit penalty calculations for better consistency
    • Slightly increased tolerance for momentarily exceeding pit speed limit
    • Altered title/subtitle text behaviour and position to prevent overlap with block elements
    • Polished engine sample loops of F-Ultimate. Fixed MRX_P3 engine sound wrong position.
    • Adjusted Puma P052 turbo sound volume
    • Tweaked engine sound parameters for better bottom end / subwoofer utilization
    • Further differential setting adjustments to correctly display available options in setup screen Generally reduced default diff preload values
    • Fixed error in parameters for hump mode in viscous differentials
    • Increased brake cooling when static
    • Reduced heating rate of steel brakes
    • Increased operating window of GT, Prototype & Stock Car series tyres
    • Moved aero balance for Montana, Stock Car 2019 & 2020 slighly further rearwards
    • Adjusted Copa Montana default setup
    • Mclaren MP4/12: Reduced extra brake pressure
    • Minor increase of pneumatic trail for radial Tyres (vintages, road)
    • Reduced AI rolling resistance for F-Classic, F-Vintage, F-V10 G1 tyres to better match player
    • Minor BoP balancing for P3 class
    • Minor Center of Gravity and aero center of pressure adjustments to F-Retros
    • Corrected V12 engine performance for Vintage & Retro series
    • Added new differential hump values to all viscous rear diffeential variants
    • Generally reduced differential preload values
    • Slightly increased AI throttle application range for low to mid powered cars
    • Bumped AI low range Strength up (to compensate AI becoming too slow below 100% following recent code updates)
    • Reduced AI lateral field speed distance & effect
    • Adjusted rolling resistance for F-Vintage, F-Retro, F-Classic, F-V12, F-V10, F-Reiza, F-UItimate, F-Trainer & Copa Classic to better match player´s straightline performance
    • Minor smoothing of AI lateral movement
    • Fixed Hockenheim 1988 TV trackside cameras
    • Brands Hatch: Corrected circuit info
    • Jerez: Minor optimization pass
    • Guapore: Updated trackside ads
    • Spielberg Historic: incremental art pass update; adjusted track cut mesh; start trigger to better align with start line
    • Added tracklights for Spielberg Historics & Silverstone 2001
    • Silverstone: Updated 2020 Intl TV cams
    • Silverstone 2001: Added more accurate ad mapping to cement walls, adjusted track cut limits
    • Silverstone 1991: Revised track cut limits; Fixed some floating big tents; Adjusted service roads material & texture
    • Silverstone 1975: Fixed missing trackside buildings on no-chicane layout
    • Snetterton: Fixed crash at race end.
    • Oulton Park:fixed pit exit warning bug (track cut); Track cut mesh optimized, add grasscrete runoff, removed apex curbs; Rebuild triggers. Fixed timing bug (Start trigger was not crossing pit lane)
    • Kansai: Fixed start trigger not crossing pit lane
    • Reimplemented BT26, F-V10, F-V12, F-Reiza & F-Ultimate suspension animations (fixed wheels appearing to float)
    • F-Trainer: Fixed RPM LED & bar scaling
    • Adjusted F309 Driver animations
    • F-Reiza: Adjusted Driver animations
    • Adjusted gear shifter animation parameters on F-Retros, M23 and F-Classics
    • Fixed driver head position on the F-Classic G3M2
    • Added exhaust backfires to Stock Car 2020
    • Increased exhaust downshift backfires for SuperV8
    • StockCar Corolla -Added damage & dirt maps + deformable mesh

• Like x 34
    • Winner x 15
    • Agree x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  5. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Awesome, thank you Reiza team :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Can we still use the setups downloaded in time-trial?

7. Renato Simioni

By and large old setups will work just fine, you may however want to double check the preload setting in cars that have adjustable LSD diffs; those that don’t shouldn’t be impacted.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kiryu

Kiryu Member

I immediately noticed the optimizations on jerez in VR. Usually i would get a small stutter on certain spots on the track and those are completely gone now. And man does that track look amazing.

Though i feel that the performance has generally increased overall, stutters on interlagos on certain corners are also gone now.

I understand that those little optimizations are certainly not very high on the agenda and therefore really appreciate them, this is often overlooked by other devs, so thanks :)

This is really starting to feel like an amazing package overall!

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 5
  9. TheMattyOnline

TheMattyOnline Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Just a quick request regarding the changelogs.

Is it possible to group the changelog items, say for example like Graphics Engine, UI, Content cars/tracks, etc.

I know its a little more work for you, but would make looking for specific points of interest much easier, rather than a long list of back and fourth updates.

Thanks

Edit*
    I note this was done for the changelog in the OP and its much easier to follow

10. Madonion

Madonion Member

New Default FFB Feels insane on my T300! loving this okes!

11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you :D
    Silverstone '75 (no chicane) with grandstands looks much better, now.
    Maybe next step:
    Optimization of the FPS issues by cloudy and changing weather, that would be a hughe and neccessary step and very welcome :)

12. TheDoctor

TheDoctor New Member

:hurrayreiza:

Thank you Reiza, amazing work, you are embarrassing bigger companies with pockets full of money.

As a software developer I know very well what you are facing, the way and the pace with which you are working is worthy of respect and my money, after years of playing many games I just bought my first season pass ... thank you.

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

bloody legends.. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Wow, do you guys ever sleep? It’s Saturday, go to the pub or tell your kids you love ‘em or something...

Seriously though, nice changelog thanks for the AI improvements in particular (especially as Raceroom keep improving their great AI!) and looking forward to the monthly blog next week :)

15. Damian Baldi

Damian Baldi Active Member

On the Vintage cars brakes seems to remain the same. Rear brakes seem to have a different thermal inertia, and after some laps remains hotter than the front brakes part of the time depending on the circuit.

EDIT: Front left brake seems to stay always 20-30 ºC hotter than the right one

EDIT 2: There is another strange thing since first day. When you lock a front tyre the brake disk of the locked tire get cold, when in real life it's exactly the opposite. That means that heating by brake pressure is stronger than cooling.

The Vintage AI cars seem better now, almost matching the human performance.

About Vintage tyres, they feel worse then before, keeping the same behaviours, cars feel excelent and natural while tyre pressure is 1.20 bars and until 1.35 then tyres start to perform as a solid object, and the car loose grip in middle of the corners in an odd way. For the race, minimal tyre pressure is 1.40 bars, so that say it all.

I think all Vintage cars are still overpowered. In v1.2.0.5 the V12 had a lot better handling with less power. I think this change in v1.2.0.7 is on the wrong direction and all cars should have max 400 HP for Gen1 and 415 for Gen2.

There is different sensation on the Vintage cars, a more natural traction and new feedback when the rear slides.

Vintage cars still have a low top speed, never reach 290 km/h, only when driving very close to another car it's possible to reach 290 at Hockenheim.

Very welcome animation for the Brabham. The Generic cars still show front tyres floating.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  16. Andy-R

Andy-R Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Caterham Supersport and Academy feel broken in the current patch. Bizarre oversteer! Same goes for Copa Fusca & Formula Vee (max 2 deg castor?)

17. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

"Added exhaust backfires to Stock Car 2020"

Fire in the hole......thanks Reiza :D

:hurrayreiza:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Micropitt

The work on the Stock Car 2020 is incredible. When I drove it for the first time several month ago I had difficulties to keep it on the track. Just now I was 0.5 secs faster at Interlagos with the default setup than yesterday with the tuned setup. There is a little bit more understeering but it is controllable with Throttle input.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Micropitt

Flame Boy:

ss170215.jpg

20. Renato Simioni

Lots of points here so I´ll just cover the less controversial ones for now ;) Brakes will heat up differently depending on which one is doing more work / friction, the equations are the same all around; locked wheels are not generating disc / pad friction, so they can´t get hotter than a wheel that is ;)

The Gen1s DFV Vintages are definitely a bit overpowered by 10-20 HP, as is the V12s a bit underweight as a BoP measure - may reduce that a bit still eventually, but they probably will always have a few HPs more than similar counterparts of the era for this reason.