1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug Reports - Automobilista 2 (Read the Opening Post)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Heitor Facuri Cicoti, Apr 4, 2020.

1. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Game Version/Build: V1.0.2.5
    Track & Layout Used:
    Car Used: vintage / classic cars with windshiled
    Applicable Settings: rain
    Report: In rain, at the windshiled on vintage / classic cars rain drops collect on the glass so that's impossible to see anything anymore. But latest at speeds above 100kph rain drops begin to wip away due to wind (the same as on a visior at a helmet). The visibility through the glass still remains 'watery' but much better than with all these drops.

2. alink

Track & Layout Used:
    Car Used: Classic G3M2 (V10) and V10Gen1
    Applicable Settings:
    Report: At car Classic G3M2 (V10) rpm bar is still not good visible. Rpm bar is coverd by steering wheel and so only half the way visible.
    At car V10G1 there's still no rpm indicator light or rpm bar or anything for rpm (except values). I can't imagine that the (Williams) drivers in 1996/97 used this in this way. Either an analoge clock with needle, a rpm bar or rpm LED or an simple single shifting light. But nothing? That can't be.

3. ChuckieG

ChuckieG New Member

Track & Layout Used: Ibarra
    Car Used: Sprint
    Applicable Settings: 23 Ai, Pitstop during weather transition
    Report: Sprint race at Ibarra with 23 Ai, clear to thunderstorm transition. When it was time to change for wets, the number of cars pitting exceeded the number of available pits. A few cars, including myself were forced to do a drive through and pit the next lap. So I'm assuming each pit crew is responsible for multiple cars(?) or this is possibly a pit-stop bug
    Possible solution: Ability to queue in pit-lane until your pit is ready

4. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Interlagos Modern
    Car Used: F V10 Gen2
    Report: It feels like when setting in the controls menu LFB = 0 the game reads it like LFB=100 and the wheel becomes rock hard around center line. Setting LFB=1 seems to be the softest setting, while LFB=0 seems bugged to max value or something similar.

5. Dolph

Dolph Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Come on, guys you need to get the bug fixed, where the flying start race starts at lap 2/10 and ends at lap 11/10. Look at this youtuber caught out here and his comments:

Happened to me as well.

6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Buggy car setup menus are a carryover from PC2 that I would like to see fixed, the way sometimes when you hover over a setup option and it stays greyed out until you move the cursor elsewhere and then come back to the first setup option and it turns white so you can change it. Not sure what it is called, laggy maybe...

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Andrew H12366

Andrew H12366 New Member

Track & Layout Used: Cadwell PArk
    Car Used: Caterham Superlight
    Applicable Settings: Damage Off - ForceFeedback Custom
    Report: Wheel goes off centre after crash or using reverse gear
    Steps to reproduce:do a Time Trial

Hi
    This problem has made this game unplayable - I just bought it and played for first time - was really excited at first as seems very realistic, then I spin off and rejoin track to find steering now messed up - I looked for fixes and have set FF to custom - it still happens - so disappointing as I feel I have wasted my cash and time
    I am using a Fanatec CSW V2.4 with a Universal Hub (XBox and PC) and am playing on a PC

Anyone else getting this (Seems very prevalent in Steam forum but no fix that I am aware of)

Please let me know what I can do
    Thanks
    Andrew

8. TheDoctor

TheDoctor New Member

Game Version/Build: V1.0.2.7
    Track & Layout Used: Mntreal
    Car Used: F V10 Gen2
    Report: Watching a replay creates a duplicate of itself.

I was tweaking the performance options trying to find the best combination for my PC, watching the same replay a couple of times and ended up with a lots of duplicates of same race on my replays list.

20200829111708_1.jpg 20200829112115_1.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. alink

Track & Layout Used:
    Car Used: V10 G1M1 and M2
    Applicable Settings: rain
    Report: Tyre tread of rain tires unsymmetric between left and right side (front and rear the same issue)
    ss154551.jpg ss154622.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Kansai GP
    Car Used:F-V12
    Applicable Settings: Time-Trial
    Report: record time does not appear in the table
    Steps to reproduce:

11. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Track & Layout Used: Jerez Standard
    Car Used: P2 MetalMoro
    Applicable Settings: Multiplayer with real people and AI
    Report: I was having to do a drive thru for jumping the start. When I exited the pits, the pit limiter stayed on and I had to abandon my race.

12. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Reported multiple times (I first reported it in EA), happens only when rolling starts are enabled.

13. alink

Track & Layout Used: Silverstone 75
    Car Used: Retro
    Applicable Settings: race
    Report: Although fixing damage is turned OFF, pit crew does repair work (what ever is damaged)
    pit.jpg

14. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Track & Layout Used: Goiania, Londrina Short
    Car Used: Stock V8 2020
    Applicable Settings: Championship Mode
    Report: Decided to give the championship mode a go today, first race went well and as expected. Seems the difficulty is pre-set to 100 and at Goiania they were on pace quite well.

Round 2 at Londrina Short they were around 10 seconds off pace and I was beginning to lap them at lap 5.
    Londrina Short_Q_Race 1.png
    Round 2, Race 2 appeared to be a reverse grid but again AI were well off pace and P2 was lapped just before the finish line. Strangely though, as can be seen below, P2 only finished 0.7 seconds behind despite being lapped and the rest of the field didn't seem to account for being lapped either.
    Londrina Short_R2.png
    What was even stranger was the round results screen placed me in 2nd position after winning that race.
    Londrina Round Results.png
    But on the championship standings screen it seemed to be displaying correctly despite receiving 24 points for the prior round.
    Championship Sstandings.png

Aside from these few issues I had fun, AI were very aware and no incidents occurred due to their crazy antics :)

Looking forward to further updates for this mode, perhaps a difficulty slider and a way to scale qualifying time.

Oh, and the missing driver flag, please don't forget the Scotland flag when this is implemented :whistle:

EDIT 1: Round 3 at Interlagos went well, AI were "on it" - far more challenging, they really need to start defending the inside line more though.
    It seems race 2 is not a reverse grid but just a case of player starts last - hopefully we will get true reverse grid in the future along with compulsory pit-stop when running nearer 100% duration.

EDIT 2: Round 4 - AI are crazy fast at Velo Citta, either that or I'm crazy slow but I could barely keep up.
    Seems resetting the setup to default doesn't reset it to the specific track, it just resets to Cascais in my case.

EDIT 3: Round 6 race distance scaling doesn't work and is stuck at 60 minutes regardless of what percentage it's set at o_O
    Guess that's the end of my Sunday championship :(
    Champ mode_R6 issue.png

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Track & Layout Used: All
    Car Used: Stock V8 2020
    Report:
    • The Stock Corolla is missing the wiper vibration and side window duct vibration animations, also not 100% sure that the wing mirrors are shaking properly either.
    • The Stock Cruze still has a transparent A-Pillar exterior skin where the weight reduction holes are on the interior of the pillar.
    • Stock Corolla missing red ducting on rear windscreens when viewed externally in-race.
    • Stock Cruze missing red ducting on side windows when viewed externally in-race.
    A-pillar.png
    • Will shadows be implemented at some point on the buttons/controls and LED lights that are placed on the dashboard, they look a bit odd without it (#nit-picking) :)
    • #nit-picking cont. - Will the two small LED DRLs in each headlight be added as per real life?
    • I love these cars BTW...just saying :cool:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  16. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Any
    Car Used: Any
    Report: When I join a MP session after having done a Time Trial, my wheel does often not react anymore (neither pedals nor shifters or buttons). Have to restart the game to solve this issue. Using a Thrustmaster T300.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Track & Layout Used: Imola
    Car Used: McLaren MP4/12
    Report: Multiplayer Session: Before race, I adjusted my amount of fuel. Then, the saving procedure went on and on, never stopped. No chance to come back to main menu and press "Start". Had to quit game via task manager.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  18. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

You clearly need to stop driving those second hand race cars where half the stuff is missing :p
    Barrichellos brand new Gazoo Toyota does have the wind shield wiper :whistle:

ss173207.jpg
    ss173338.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

Yes but they don't vibrate as they used to which was the point of the bug report :p

20. Micropitt

Micropitt Mediocre driver doing mediocre laps AMS2 Club Member

Ah....I misunderstood you. I thought you said the wiper was missing. My bad...... carry on :rolleyes: