1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disable chat option

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by MasterLooser, Aug 29, 2020.

1. MasterLooser

MasterLooser Greyhat DWORD Developer AMS2 Club Member

i find the chat very annoying,
    i am mainly driving in VR and usually have my hud off completly, but the chat keeps popping in, which pretty much renders my left outside mirror useless cuz i can barely ever see it when ppl pop in and out of the server during the race.

pls fix :D

2. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. MasterLooser

funny...
    wouldnt need a hotfix if it would have been fixed before the game was titled "released", or are hud elements that block ur view on key-components of the game something that can be fixed whenever, but hey lets keep pushing more paid dlcs XDDDD

4. Coanda

Coanda aahhh whinge whinge f@#ken whinge.. Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

man you have a sh!ty attitude.. get a refund if you can't handle it..

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Try again. As has been pointed out repeatedly by those who actually know what they're talking about (including the devs), the production of DLCs has no impact on fixes and patches because they are being made by different people. A track designer or texture artist has nothing to do with interface design. :rolleyes:

How about having some patience instead of expecting things to be changed the day after you decide they're a problem?

• Like Like x 2
  6. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

Go to Options/Gameplay/Display. When you scroll down, there is the option to switch off the Chat Box. But I guess it could still pop up when ppl join or leave. Have not tried it so far.

7. MasterLooser

i am well aware of the difference between a programer and a 3d artist.
    if they hire 20 3dartists u will get tons of cool new tracks and cars but simple things like this still wont be fixed as the lonely programer cant rewrite all the code himself :3

its been a problem since day one, i just thought the whole ui will be reworked before release, instead of being a placeholder till years after release

while disabling it could fix the issue temporarly, i would still like to chat every now and then.
    moving and maybe transparency would be cool i guess

i am not here to be ur friend