1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Karsten Hvidberg, May 30, 2020.

1. Hungerr

Hungerr New Member

What Custom FFB file AND FFB Ingame Settings do you guys recommend for G29 driving force on PC? I mostly do Sprint race category races with friends.
    Im so lost into how to setup my FFB, some of you set it really high and tight while others suggest running gain kinda lowish..

What do you recommend ?

2. Stakanov

Stakanov Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have the G920 ... i use the custom version "Full Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.7 - Momentum Rack 4.3 - Low End" in the first page with GAIN 100-90 LFB 20-30 FX 50-100 (it's subjective) - AT THIS TIME, FOR ME IS THE BEST ;)

OR

The Default Profile with the same value ... in the version updated to 1.0.2.5 it is less pronounced and defined (than the custom version) but also very coherent and predictable ... maybe a little too soft and not very decisive (but sometimes I don't deny that I prefer it under braking and on the curbs) ... but everything it is very subjective

3. TomP

TomP Active Member

Hi,
    You can check out this file. The best so far for my G29.
    My settings:
    - GAIN 100,
    - LFB 0,
    - FX 75

Attached Files:

4. Hungerr

Hungerr New Member

Thanks for your input. I will try them all i guess. To be honest i dont know what "good" ffb should feel like. Thats why im so frustrated testing different settings.

5. Hungerr

Hungerr New Member

This is what im talking about. Some people state "lighter is better" cuz you dont clip and you get clarity of feedback.While most users here use 80+ gain (always talking about low end wheels).

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Erik Geelhuijzen

Erik Geelhuijzen Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you very much for 'Full Silver Raw 6.6.5.9.7 - Momentum Rack4.3 - Low End'. Very, very good! My G25 has never felt better. Using 80, 32, 55 + small increase to tighten the center in the file. Driving the Stockcar 2019 feels so good. Driving this car is almost easy now with this super feedback. Thanks again!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    How do you guys get ffb telemetry on bottom left of screen w/o the tire telemetry?

Thank you

8. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Not sure how with your wheel (though you can assign them in settings), but with the dpad of the T300 (default settings), after displaying the Telemetry Hud, I can press down twice to show different options. I don’t fully remember exactly, but top of my head I think the first shows the steering wheel bar, and the 2nd shows the FFB meter... while both show the pedals input.

9. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Thx Sherpa, I think I get it now. Actually before I set my d pad to view, I did see different options.
    Thanks man.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michael Enright

Michael Enright Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just have a quick question for all those that have a Fanatec CSW 2.5 wheel base. Which firmware do you consider the best? There has not been anything official since 328. I have heard of some horror stories with some if the beta firmwares available. Thanks.

11. LugNut

LugNut Active Member

Hi,
    Unfortunately that didn't work. It just brings up pit strategy,in car management,etc.
    What parameter do I have to bind to just see ffb telemetry and not tires, springs.

12. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

For reference, I have this defined settings (default) on my dpad:
    upload_2020-8-29_11-34-7.png

Notice POV Left is assigned to both HUD view and ICM Menu Left. First I press Left to change HUD to Telemetry, then POV Down once (to see the 1st option) or twice (to see the 2nd option). Maybe you have HUD View and In-Car Management assigned to the same key?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I do the exact same thing when I'm testing, Left once and then Down twice on the D-pad.

I've had some things happen lately that's had me really busy, so not too much time in the simulator seat lately. Still trying to get my T300 specific files updated from the last AMS 2 build, which affected most of the files quite a bit.

For anyone using the Karsten's "Low End" file, I recommend baseline settings for the T300 at:
    GAIN: 60-70
    LFB: 5
    FX: 50

Depending on the car type, the LFB slider does a great job of increasing/decreasing the low forces and can be adjusted in increments of five no problem. You'll probably want to run lower LFB in high downforce cars and then higher LFB in road cars.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Vitaliy

Vitaliy New Member

Using ffb ffb_custom_settings-full-silver-raw-6.6.5.9.9.1-highend-low-resist with logitech g27. To eliminate the dead zone I use (LOW FORCE BOOST) (output (lfb output 0.15)). But in the standard feedback there is a feeling on the front-wheel drive car in the turn adding gas, the clutch force drops due to slipping and the feedback on the steering wheel decreases, and in this setting ffb custom there is no change in torque on the steering wheel.

15. Karsten Hvidberg

Karsten Hvidberg Well-Known Member

Hey Vitaliy,

In that file it might help the g27 to raise the "strengthen_low" in the file to 1.0 or 1.5. Not sure if you would then need the additional Lfb you've added.

16. Vitaliy

Vitaliy New Member

Hello, Karsten Hvidberg.
    I also noticed that when the front wheels fall from the asphalt on the grass, there is no change in the strength of the feedback - is it correct or not? Can you please explain.
    I already have it installed strengthen_low 1.5, still increase?
    Set 2.5 equally dead zone is present so only LFB.
    Thus in the standard feedback at the maximum LFB the dead zone did not disappear, and here on ffb customdisappears when the command is present (output (lfb output 0.16)).

Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  17. Karsten Hvidberg

I did add some off-track detection at some point and can try and add it in again at some point, just seemed like extra work for something that was not as important as other issues. So if time allows I will look at it again later in the week. The problem is that we don't have the information available in the custom ffb file, other than to try and detect it in various ways.

18. Vitaliy

Vitaliy New Member

Which parameter in the feedback is responsible for the fact that in a collision with the curb steering wheel pulls towards the curb and it's right. But I do not understand why in the standard reverse steering wheel pulls from the curb?

19. Karsten Hvidberg

Well spotted 8)
    In the "default" rack calculation they have inversed the angle, simply. It's been like that since ams2 first went in beta.
    I never checked if that is for all bumps or kurbs only that they have that bug.

But it should be really simple for Reiza to fix so I think they'll do it soon.
    As you say it's correct in the silver raw custom files.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Slapshot82

Slapshot82 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So I realized what was missing from my post and wanted to let you in on the exact reason why this might not be working for you. You need to use the D-pad Left/Right until you pull the "Telemetry" overlay where the screen if filled with tires, etc. Once that is done, you will then press the D-pad down twice to only show the FFB telemetry in the bottom left corner of the screen.

@Vitaliy Which car were you driving when you didn't feel a change in forces when dropping a tire off the track with this file. Currently, the file favors open wheel/high downforce cars more than road cars. I did a lot of testing with the high downforce cars yesterday with this file and I didn't have this issue at all.

• Like Like x 1