1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still not happy about FFB

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by alexandre fonseca, Aug 26, 2020.

1. alexandre fonseca

alexandre fonseca Member AMS2 Club Member

FFB in my Logitech G920 is too weak even at 100%. It is not the wheel: with any other game it is pretty good and sometimes (like with RRE) I even have to tone it down because it gets too heavy. With AMS2 it feels completely loose and track effects are very faint.

Is there any way to fix this? For instance, could I increase FFB by creating a custom file? If so, what parameters should I tweak?

2. Scraper

Scraper Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

If your wheel is feeling loose in the centre, raise the LFB setting and see if it makes a difference.

You can also create a custom FFB file yourself or try one from this thread.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. ChuckieG

ChuckieG New Member

Hey Alexandre. I had similar feelings with my G29. I recently tried a custom FFB file after the last update and it really is a game changer for me. The file is from post #909 by F.Santos found on this page:
    Automobilista 2 Custom Force Feedback - Overview & Recommendations
    My settings in game are 100/80/90. I've tried it with Sprint and P3 cars. Even though the file was made for belt-driven wheels, there is so much more pleasant feedback on my Logitech, with center weight and slip being much more pronounced. Hope you give it a try!

4. sgsfabiano

sgsfabiano Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm loving the custom FFB for my G29 wheel. If I'm not mistaken, I just changed one line after reading some post from the thread linked by Chuckie. I feel curbs, tarmac changes and weight on the center of the wheel.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. alexandre fonseca

alexandre fonseca Member AMS2 Club Member

Thank you all for the helpful replies! I will try all these.

6. ChuckieG

ChuckieG New Member

Definitely try the one fabiano linked. I'm really like it. I changed two things for a more weightier feel.
    (max_overall_force 1670.0)
    (recip_force ( / 1.5 max_overall_force))
    Thanks!

7. mad maxx

mad maxx Active Member AMS2 Club Member

from (max_overall_force 11500.0) to (max_overall_force 1670.0) ????