1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AMS2 Dream Tracks Wishlist

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by GregzVR, Mar 27, 2020.

1. racer7

racer7 New Member

Knockhill, UK
    Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (Mosport), Canada

• Like Like x 1
  2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Every mod track I had in AMS (1), of course in addition to Reiza eventually filling-in all their tracks and layouts from AMS (1) ;)

These lists are a bit fruitless without $ willing to pay included.

I am one of the people who would pay $20 per month for an "endless" series of excellent track packs on top of what I already paid for the DLC all-inclusive. More interested in tracks than cars, since we have (and will have) so many awesome cars already.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Who remembers this track??
    Better than every motorcross track :D

San Jose, California, USA
    ChampCar 2005

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Raven_ARG

Raven_ARG Member

Buenos Aires variants
    Monza
    Le Mans

• Like Like x 1
  5. MotoGP_74

MotoGP_74 New Member

First off, I am new to the world of AMS and I wasn't sure if I was going to like the Brazilian tracks being that I struggle with learning new tracks sometimes. I have to say now that I have spent some time learning them, I really like some of the smaller club feeling tracks on this game. Regarding dream tracks, I hope the Reiza guys make their way up to Canada and scan some of our tracks; Mosport/Canadian Tire M.P., Mont-Tramblant and Shannonville would be great. Being that Canadian tracks are a long shot, I would settle for some more US tracks to go with VIR, like Mid Ohio, Sonoma, Laguna, Road America or Road Atlanta. World tracks, Lemans 24hr track would be great.

• Like Like x 3
  6. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

VIR is in the game now.

Reiza promised a "Racing USA" pack and a classic CART [pre-split IndyCar, ca. about 1989-1995] pack, which most people on the forum assume are the same thing.

CART absolutely went to Road America and Mid Ohio in that era, so are logical candidates to include in the pack if the pack has road courses. (Keep in mind, it's classic IndyCar, so you can't not have ovals, and there's zero ovals in the current game.) Also, keep in mind Long Beach is an important historical CART/IndyCar course that is likely to be a road course they use as well.

Sonoma and Laguna Seca aren't classic IndyCar circuits in the same way.

7. alink

IndyCar was named CART in 1996 after the split in CART (ChampionshipAutoRacingTeams) and IRL (IndyRacingLeague).
    IndyCar also had it classic sponsor of PPG, so it was called PPG IndyCar (then PPG CART, later FedEx and last Bridgestone).
    Originally, IRL was an 'oval only' formula racing series while CART used more and more road and street tracks. But 'oval only' didn't work so IRL started on road and street tracks, too.
    Unfortunately in 2008 (after switching from the beautiful Lola / Reynard chassis to the 'terrible' Panoz chassis in 2007) CART went bankrupt and the rest of the teams switched to IRL (most CART teams had already swithed to IRL in 2001/2002). In 2011 IRL got back the old, original and traditional name of IndyCar.

8. jmac_the_man

jmac_the_man Active Member AMS2 Club Member

You've got that backwards. CART was a racing series that formed in 1979 when the biggest teams in Championship Car racing were unhappy with the direction that the United States Automobile Club (USAC) wanted to take the sport.

Championship Car racing is the original name for the formula that runs the Indianapolis 500. This new series was run by the teams and not the track promoters, hence the name CART.

CART sanctioned every race during the season except the Indy 500, which remained sanctioned by USAC.

The nickname IndyCar first gained prominence as a nickname for Championship Cars in the mid 1980s, but it was never the formal name of the series, which was known as the CART PPG World Series during this era. (PPG, the automotive paint manufacturer, was the title sponsor.)

In 1995, Tony George, the owner of Indianapolis Motor Speedway, announced that he was going to start his own racing series that originally was called the Indy Racing League. CART continued to operate, which led to "The Split."

There was a legal battle over the nickname IndyCar, which both leagues wanted to use. Eventually, the settlement was that both sides were allowed to call their vehicles "Indy Cars," but neither league was allowed to call itself "IndyCar." (The settlement eventually expired, which resulted in CART renaming its cars "ChampCars" and the league "The Champ Car World Series.)

Since the US can't support three serious racing series, CART/ChampCar folded after the 2007 season, with one IndyCar event (the Long Beach Grand Prix) held under ChampCar regulations during the 2008 IRL season.

Today's NTT Data IndyCar Series is descended from the IRL, although many of the more prominent teams were around in the early 90s and competed in pre-Split CART.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. alink

Thanks, now the whole history of CART is documentated and everybody who reads this should be prepared of what is coming.

But nevertheless, it was a shame when CART folded. It was such a classic racing series with their beautiful, wide and narrow cars of Lola and Reynard, classic drivers like Montoya, Zanardi, Villineuve, Tracy, Vasser, de Ferran, Unser, Foyt, Fittipaldi and many more. Their classic tracks, Michigan, Fontana, Phoenix, Milwaukee and all the street tracks like Surfers Paradise, Toronto, Long Beach,.... Oh, I need a time machine.. image.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  10. alink

Me too!
    Since I'm driving with AMS or the former GameStockCar, I really felt in love with these small and short circuits. I've never been a fan of them bevore. But first, it was interessting to learn new tracks with some other cars. Then I noticed, it's more difficult to drive these tracks than any current F1 track. Why? These tracks have a natural terrain given unexpected elevation changes and you have to find the best racing line with using or avoiding the terrain structur. Also the corner radius aren't constant often, so the fastest racing line isn't always outside->inside->outside, it also could be middle->outside->inside->middle or something else.
    And in addition, driving with smaller club cars is something I get in love, too. Driving with the Metalmoro P3/P4 or Caterhams, that's really a pleasure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TomP

TomP Active Member

Goodwood Motor Circuit

• Like Like x 3
  12. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

It would be good to get cars from the glory era of CART (say mid 80's March, Lola and Penske and also early/mid 90's Lola, Penske and Reynard) so would need as may of the following tracks as possible:

Surfers Paradise
    Phoenix
    Long Beach
    Nazareth Speedway
    Indianapolis
    Milwaukee
    Belle Isle
    Portland
    Road America
    Toronto
    Cleveland
    Michigan
    Mid-Ohio
    New Hampshire
    Vancouver
    Laguna Seca
    Miami
    Pocono
    Meadowlands
    Denver

• Like Like x 1
  13. David Peres

David Peres Active Member

Algarve (Portimão)
    Mugello
    Zandvoort

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

Some classic F1 tracks

Zandvoort (71 and 85)
    Watkins Glen (70's)
    Mosport (70's)
    Montjuic Park (70's)
    Rouen-Les-Essarts (60's/70's)
    Reims (60's)
    Dijon-Prenois (70's/80's)
    Clermont-Ferrand
    Monza (various layout)
    Mont-Tremblant
    Long Beach
    Mexico City (60's/80's)
    Buenos Aires (70's)
    Fuji (70's)

Some others so we can recreate historic seasons

Paul Richard (long and short)
    Detroit
    Phoenix
    Dallas
    Las Vegas
    Zolder
    Magny Cours
    Estoril
    Hungaroring
    Barcelona
    Jarama
    Anderstorp

It would be good to get several versions of each of course 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's.

• Like Like x 2
  15. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

Would be good to get all the Group C, IMSA GTP, GT1 cars and some specific tracks:

Le Mans
    Daytona Road Course
    Sebring
    Road Atlanta

• Like Like x 2
  16. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

Would be good to get the Class 1 Touring Car (Opel Calibra, Marc C Class & Alfa 155) and some specific circuits:

Norisring
    Mugello
    AVUS
    Diepholz Airfield
    Helsinki

• Like Like x 2
  17. Yerffej

Yerffej Active Member

For myself would love to see.

Macau
    Hungaroring
    Zandvoort
    Mugello
    Algarve (Portimão)

18. kizza42

kizza42 New Member

Would love to see Tsukuba

19. lsmanley

lsmanley Member

Of the Tracks that are already in game, I'd like to see the following historic versions please. I've put specific years but these cover era's really. I've mostly put years roughly corresponding the classic F1 cars, i.e. anything pre 00's (some of these I realise one years historic version could cover quite a few years in reality so you wouldn't need to do them all ;)

Monaco 1967, 1969, 1986, 1988, 1991, 1995, 1997
    Brands Hatch 1968, 1974, 1986
    Donnington Park 1993
    Estoril 1986, 1988, 1991, 1995
    Interlagos 1991, 1995, 1997
    Jacarepaguá 1986
    Jerez 1986, 1988 & 1997
    Suzuka 1988, 1991, 1995, 1997
    Kyalami (new) 1992 or 1993
    Montreal 1986, 1991, 1995, 1997
    Nurburgring (Nords) 1967, 1974 (also Group C and DTM era versions would be good)
    Nurburgring (new) 1995
    Silverstone 1967, 1969, 1988, 1995, 1997
    Spa 1967, 1986, 1988, 1991, 1995, 1997
    Osterreichring 1986, 1997(new)

Reiza's Buenos Aires from Automobilista is a no brainer. A historic version of the one used for F1 72-81 and another historic version of the one used by F1 from 95-98 please.

I understand that tracks from PCars2 can be converted and used in AMS2, so If I were to cherry pick the ones that aren't already in the game I'd choose these:

Circuit de Catalunya (1991, 1995, 1997)
    Brno (used by DTM in the early 90's)
    Le Mans (I'd like 80's Group C and 90's GT1 layouts)
    Monza (1967, 1969, 1974, 1986, 1988, 1991, 1995, 1997)
    Oschersleben (used by the GT1's in the late 90's)
    Rouen-Les-Essarts (60's F1)
    Zolder (F1 70's & 80's and DTM late 80's/early 90's)
    Daytona (road course for 80's IMSA GTP/GTO - oval is NASCAR is ever added, preferably 80's and 90's)
    Indianapolis (80's & 90's CART)
    Laguna Seca (80's & 90's CART)
    Long Beach (70's & 80's F1, 80's & 90's CART)
    Sonoma (80's IMSA)
    Road America (80's & 90's CART)
    Watkins Glen (60's & 70's F1)
    Fuji (70's F1 & 80's Group C)

With all those tracks we could almost completely recreate F1 (and other series) championships from 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's seasons. For the F1 seasons we need some more French tracks like versions of Paul Ricard, Magny-Cours and Dijon to do this. To plug some gaps in F1 80's & 90's we'd need some of the US street tracks like Detroit and Phoenix to start with. Also we would need (various versions of) Mexico City. Some other classic F1 tracks that would be most welcome are Montjuic, Mosport and Zandvoort (we really need a classic version of this classic!). Throw in Andersorp, Jarama, Aida and Melbourne. Other than some of the US street tracks I think the only track that no longer exists and I've never seen in a game is Nivelles-Baulers in Belgium - which I can live without so long as you do all the others ;)

For DTM (and also Group C) Norisring and Mugello are a must. Helsinki would be cool (also used for GT1's).

Oh, and Portland, Mid Ohio, Phoenix Oval, Milwaukee Mile, Cleveland Burke Lake, Michigan Speedway Toronto and Surfers Paradise for the CART. Throw in Sebring, Road Atlanta, Riverside, Lime Rock & Mont-Tremblant. That should about do it, unless I've missed anything ;)

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Really--what evidence do you have for that? I mean that it is going to happen as opposed to it being theoretically possible for a modder to make all the changes Reiza applies and then release them. Or, are you talking about AC-style conversions with no meaningful road surface?